NingDynasty's Replica Tracks - Sebring 12H, Club, Short, Modified, 1966 *Added Lime Rock 1.5*

Hi NingDynasty
I like your approach and methodical way of creating your tracks and working on improving them. Like versioning as well. Your Sebring 12H ver 0.4 looks really professional. Can't hardly wait to try it. Thanks a lot

Thanks Bruno. The versioning allows me to keep track and the release notes remind me what I still need to fix. I lost myself on Sebring last night so I'm thinking it's worthy of going to 1.0. The course is only a 2 1/2 hour drive from my house and we make the annual pilgrimage to the 12 hour, so having the ability to drive it in GT6 is an absolute joy.

Sebring 12H Version 0.4 Now Available

I was very impressed with 0.3, cant wait to try this one. Thanks for share this great work!

i feel your variant of Sebring is a tad too tight compared to the one in real life. any chances of widening the track for future updates?

Honestly from turn 2-13 it's wider than it should be to make it less narrow from 13-1. Any wider and the hairpin and essess may lose shape as well, as the track width determines maximum turn radius.

Honestly from turn 2-13 it's wider than it should be to make it less narrow from 13-1. Any wider and the hairpin and essess may lose shape as well, as the track width determines maximum turn radius.
Ahh yeah I didn't account for the turn radius with a wider track, what could be putting me off is there is just grass either side and no runoff :( but either way by far one of the best representations of Sebring :cheers:

Hi NingDynasty
I felt little bit of tightness as well, same as TNR_KING_FILO
i feel your variant of Sebring is a tad too tight compared to the one in real life. any chances of widening the track for future updates?

I think that we all have a bit of an issue going too tight. I experienced that as well and I even opened a thread asking everybody to consider not only shape and length of the track but also the width

In my last track design (which was the latest F1 member: Sochi Autodrom, which is by the way 13-15m wide), I tried 13m and it still felt a bit narrow. Then I tried 15m and it was too wide. Only after doing a version with 14m it felt ok. You can try it if you have time. It's on my home page. Then I created a version of Suzuka which I designed not to have a figure 8 layout. That one I also tried either 13m or 14m width
My point is that we have to try going wider to get the right look and feel for the track. I understand your point about certain angles not being able to make them but Suzuka also has that thight 'Hairpin' 180 degree curve and I think I made it pretty accurate

On the end we all understand that our remake tracks will not be 100% accurate. That's where we have to decide to take a wider track to have overal feel right on expense of one corner like in your case, or to make that one corner 100% right and have a feeling for the whole track to be a bit narrower.
I hope you take this comment as a friendly advise and not as a complain. Cos I've driven your Sebring 12H and I think it's a great capture of one of the most legendary tracks in the world. Maybe you can just for testing create a wider version and check how it goes...
Sincerely

P.S. By the way do you know what is the width of Sebring track. I was just able to find that on 1967 it was widened

Hi NingDynasty
I felt little bit of tightness as well, same as TNR_KING_FILO

I think that we all have a bit of an issue going too tight. I experienced that as well and I even opened a thread asking everybody to consider not only shape and length of the track but also the width

In my last track design (which was the latest F1 member: Sochi Autodrom, which is by the way 13-15m wide), I tried 13m and it still felt a bit narrow. Then I tried 15m and it was too wide. Only after doing a version with 14m it felt ok. You can try it if you have time. It's on my home page. Then I created a version of Suzuka which I designed not to have a figure 8 layout. That one I also tried either 13m or 14m width
My point is that we have to try going wider to get the right look and feel for the track. I understand your point about certain angles not being able to make them but Suzuka also has that thight 'Hairpin' 180 degree curve and I think I made it pretty accurate

On the end we all understand that our remake tracks will not be 100% accurate. That's where we have to decide to take a wider track to have overal feel right on expense of one corner like in your case, or to make that one corner 100% right and have a feeling for the whole track to be a bit narrower.
I hope you take this comment as a friendly advise and not as a complain. Cos I've driven your Sebring 12H and I think it's a great capture of one of the most legendary tracks in the world. Maybe you can just for testing create a wider version and check how it goes...
Sincerely

P.S. By the way do you know what is the width of Sebring track. I was just able to find that on 1967 it was widened

unfortunately all i can find is a vague description of "3 cars wide"

I took lots of measurements from the satellite imagery and went for a happy medium as you discussed with Sochi. After driving it in many sims/games turns 2-13 feel extremely close in shape and width. The rest of the track is an old airfield so it's just a giant concrete patch with walls making it much wider than the rest of the course.

I've yet to drive on the course, just over and across it but will rectify that in December if we go to the HSR event this year.

unfortunately all i can find is a vague description of "3 cars wide"

That talks about turn 1 in particular which is the widest part of the track. The "infield" section ranges from 9.5 m to 11.5 meters while the back and front stretch sections are about 13 meters. I want to drive it again tonight and compare with some on-board footage I have, but I'm leaning towards moving it up from 10 m to at least 10.5 m or possibly 11 m.

I appreciate the feedback guys and hope you are enjoying the track.

That talks about turn 1 in particular which is the widest part of the track. The "infield" section ranges from 9.5 m to 11.5 meters while the back and front stretch sections are about 13 meters. I want to drive it again tonight and compare with some on-board footage I have, but I'm leaning towards moving it up from 10 m to at least 10.5 m or possibly 11 m.
From my personal experience shoot for the wider one. As I said I re-made both Sochi and Suzuka Twin with 14m wide. (13m still felt a bit too narrow, I think mainly cos that grass on both sides: I think the total width that this width includes grass on both sides as well)

From my personal experience shoot for the wider one. As I said I re-made both Sochi and Suzuka Twin with 14m wide. (13m still felt a bit too narrow, I think mainly cos that grass on both sides: I think the total width that this width includes grass on both sides as well)

Interesting theory on track width including the grass. Sounds like time to park some cars on the track and use them as a tape measure!

Still to me when driving it for 2 hours on Friday it felt right, the only parts that felt narrow were 1, 17 and the front and back stretch, which is why I added the curbing to those sections.

Will do more testing and measuring to make sure it's as accurate as possible.

Lime Rock Park Updated to version 1.5a.

Was able to smooth out the banking transitions and tweaked the elevation for the uphill and downhill slightly based on more video research.

Next up is to sort out a slightly better physical location to match the terrain. Once completed I'll add a version with the uphill chicane.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...966-added-lime-rock-1-5.335153/#post-11008821

Work has begun on my next two projects Road Atlanta and Mosport aka CTMP. With elevation data in hand I'm confident a reasonable representation of these circuits is possible. The big Sebring update is still in progress as well.

Finally added Anderson RacePark to the collection. Sorry for the delay, it's been done since March. Only thing with this track is the crappy Eifel curbs. Other than that it's spot on. Enjoy the karting action!

AndersonRaceParkFullInfo.png

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/anderson-racepark-full-circuit-kart.5499/

Latest Posts

Back