NISM0's 240 Thread: Still Around

Haterz are gunna hate, always. If you like it, roll with it.

And you better take it out this summer and we better have a Michigan meet up. Ty is getting suspension on his ZX2 and Brad is doing something, listening to Lady Gaga in the Celica probably. I'm getting a suspension setup on the Cooper too. A BBQ and photoshoot is definitely in order!

For the haters,

camb3.PNG

It should be up and running by summer, just really need to get it running :lol:. That could either be easy or really hard. I'd be down for that though even if I have to bring the Blazer.

Honestly you could go DE cheap as... Head/intake/header/DE ECU. Well, provided the harnesses are all the same etc.

Few hundred for a good chunk of power sounds like a decent deal to me.

Or, just an idea, Ford 4.6 DOHC swap. It'd cost roughly the same as an SR swap given you can quite literally get the motor for free + elbow grease and make 280-300hp at the crank right off the bat.

As for the bare metal hood... I think it could go either way honestly; it'll definitely be "different" but I don't know yet whether it'll be a good or bad different.

Edit: As for a Michigan meet... Hopefully my Bird will be running/driving soonish; if it is, I'll do my best to be there.

I know, I think for right now I'm just going to run with the usual bolt ons and focus on getting the brakes all sorted out.

For a swap, I'm feeling something just totally random, like a Ford one. I've always been interested in odd engine swaps so that's a possibility later in life, way later.

That's how I'm looking at the hood right now too. I think and hope it'll come out good, but you never know until it's done. I'll probably roll with it for awhile either way to see if it grows on me, or if enough people hate it I'll keep it for sure.

Your location says ~53 minutes from Hell, is that the Hell here in Livingston County? I can almost see it from my house.

If you clearcoat the bare metal (when it's perfectly lacquer thinnered clean of course) you won't have to worry about rust.

That's what we were thinking, just not sure if we should spray it on or roll it, if it even makes a difference.

For the haters,

camb3.PNG

:lol: Nice.

I know, I think for right now I'm just going to run with the usual bolt ons and focus on getting the brakes all sorted out.

Understandable.

For a swap, I'm feeling something just totally random, like a Ford one. I've always been interested in odd engine swaps so that's a possibility later in life, way later.

Yeah... There's tons of SBC and LSx powered 240s around... Maybe a few with SBFs... But a 4.6 DOHC? Not that I've seen. Mark VIIIs can be had for $500-1k in varying states of repair; rebuild it with a 2003+ Cobra crank and good rods/pistons and you've got a motor that will reliably take 6-800hp if you want to go properly mad with a bit of boost, or go for years upon years at 3-500hp.

That's how I'm looking at the hood right now too. I think and hope it'll come out good, but you never know until it's done. I'll probably roll with it for awhile either way to see if it grows on me, or if enough people hate it I'll keep it for sure.

If I like it I'll make sure to hate on it whenever possible then. :P

Your location says ~53 minutes from Hell, is that the Hell here in Livingston County? I can almost see it from my house.

That'd be correct. I'm in Canton.

:lol: Nice.

Yeah... There's tons of SBC and LSx powered 240s around... Maybe a few with SBFs... But a 4.6 DOHC? Not that I've seen. Mark VIIIs can be had for $500-1k in varying states of repair; rebuild it with a 2003+ Cobra crank and good rods/pistons and you've got a motor that will reliably take 6-800hp if you want to go properly mad with a bit of boost, or go for years upon years at 3-500hp.

If I like it I'll make sure to hate on it whenever possible then. :P

That'd be correct. I'm in Canton.

Yea the SB and Ls swaps are pretty common now, they were never really on my list. 4.6 DOHC would be a pretty random one in the V8 swaps, my freinds around here would love it. I'd consider a Cosworth or Subaru or something just completely weird, just to do it. If I ever swap though it'll be a long time from now unless we win the lotto or my dad gets a job at some place that makes it big.

Bring on the haters though, that's what makes customizing so fun. 240s seem to have a niche of either drift or rough. I want to mix drift, grip, missle, rat rod, stance all in one, if it's even possible, but I'll try.

Alright that explains it then, I was wonering if you met my Hell for awhile, just never got around to asking, cool.

Little update of the hood. Finally had some time to get some grinding done today and got a good portion done. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow and over the weekend to get it done. It took about two and a half hours to get this far, so the center of the hood should be a blast.

Half Off by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

This was taken earlier in the day, but I like it.

Garage Front by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Oh, and looking good. I think the car would look good just being silver myself, I don't see silver 240s that often. But you know what you're going after, so do what you want.

Thank you. It's actually a mix of silver and light blue, it's kind of odd. I actually don't mid it, but it's worn out and gone on other places so a new paint job is needed. My plan is to paint it white as a base and gloss black over coat. Then rub down the paint on the edges and other places down to the white, too give it a warn out look, just not as worn out as it is now.

I'm torn between two wheel,

these, although not sure on the color yet.

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gar...del=Enkei92&wheelFinish=Silver+w/Machined+Lip

Or these,

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gar...eelModel=RPF1&wheelFinish=Bright+Silver+Paint

Links on TireRack don't really work well.

You probably don't want Enkei 92s. I believe they're only sold in a couple sizes, in 7 and 8" widths.

RPF1s are always a solid choice. Light, quality, and priced well. But they're also very popular, so if you're trying to be all unique in your wheel choice too, there's that.

The 92s look to only come in 15", I picked them because I've always liked them, they seem to be classic.

I'm on the RFP1 side myself, I was going for unique look, but all the wheels I like cost WAY to much right now so I'd use them as a new, but nice wheel choice for now.

If I had my real choice I'd pick these for sure, but it's almost impossible to find them in my size. I know they have them, its just all the ones I find are on forums that were posted 2+ years ago.

http://site.icbmotorsport.com/Wheels5/Racing_Hart_Racing_Dish_200.jpg

I have a thing for wheels that have look like that. I had the wheel covers on the 240 when I got it, but these seem to look so good to me.

RPF1's are a good choice. The only problem with them, is that you have the option of either running a 17x9 +22, which kind of needs a spacer to be quite right, or a 17x9.5 +18 IIRC. Which is great in the rear, but needs lots of fender massaging and stretch to fit on the front, unless you want to run -3 degrees of camber.

Still a lot better than the Enkei 92's though.

Ah, I like the sound of the aggressive fitment in the front. Rolling the front fenders wouldn't be too bad, we've already done it on my dad's car, so we're kind of good at it. I'm pretty sure I'm not set on the RPFs, I just have to wait another couple weeks to get a couple more checks in the bank.

Nice car, I would say either the brakes or wheels. And nice weight reduction?

Nice car, I would say either the brakes or wheels. And nice weight reduction?

I'm thinking brakes next, since they actually serve a purpose. And yes, it's a great weight reduction method :D.

Warm Weather Update!!!

I got a little behind on my bare metal hood due to school, work, and cold weather. Since then, it became a little rusty, but not too bad. I'm thinking I'm going to leave it and have a little mix of rust and bare metal, although it's no certain yet, we'll see. here's how it looks though. It'd be my tribute to the late, great, Rusty Slammington.

Part Rusty by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

I also finally got the windscreen wipers off to see how the passanger wiper would do as a single blade. I love the AMGs and race cars that have one blade and wanted it on my car. So far, it looks like it'll have great coverage, we just need to figure out how to get the motor to move it to cover the whole windscreen.

Single Blade Full On by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Single Blade by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Wide angle lens FTW.

Single Blade - engine by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Are you serious? It looks like it's been in an accident. Don't get me wrong I don't mind the mildly rusty look...on rat rods, old bikes etc. But a 240? And just the bonnet? But hey your car I suppose. I'm not trying to be rude either, everyone has their own tastes and all that, but I think it looks ghastly :eek:

Hey man, say what you want, I actually have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet, all critism is welcomed. I might get the center part nice and clean, and leave the edges rusty, or just get it all clear. Speakin' of random things, I did this today.

Profile by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

And I just like this picture.

BW Jack by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

I also want to put this one my car:

Toivonen Tribute by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Henri Toivonen became my favorite driver after I got the Delta S4 in DiRT. Since there's not that many Toivonen things around, I decided to put him and Sergio Cresto on my fender like they would of had on the S4. It'll look better later, obviously, but I wanted to get it on to see what it would look like.

Last edited:
I'm not about to tell you how to paint your car...buuuuut if it was mine, I'd be making it smooth as a babys behind all over and two toning it. Black over a deep blood red, or gold, or white, or blue. Whatever tickles your fancy :)

I'm not about to tell you how to paint your car...buuuuut if it was mine, I'd be making it smooth as a babys behind all over and two toning it. Black over a deep blood red, or gold, or white, or blue. Whatever tickles your fancy :)

Hhmm, I like the sound of black and gold, maybe a JSP feeling. Dark gold roof and black body maybe? I'd find awys to make it look a little worn down though, give it the old feel, but not much.

Black board ( chalk board) hood or fenders.

Chalkboard hood center, bare metal outer bits. DO IT.

I'm liking that, I'm liking that a lot. I may consider that.

That looks awesome, I've always been interested on doing something like that.

Back