NISM0's 240 Thread: Still Around

I know right? The suspension is wound down all the way yet though, it's a pain to get it lower so I stopped with a couple more inches left. The rear still has a way to go though, so with some bigger wheels, I'll be golden.

Yea, P40/P51, should be different. I know Mr. Burroughs made the face famous recently, but I've always love planes and WWII. Plus, mine goes around the wheel well, his starts after, so there :lol:. Haters.

SVX
That looks so cool! You did a very clean job on as well, no overspray.

Thank you. We had so much tape and newspaper to make sure it came out good. I haven't really done much painting like this, so my dad tought me a lot.

That honestly looks really cool. 👍

Thanks. I wasn't too sure on how it would come out. I didn't really care either way, but I'm glad it came out clean.

I enjoy this thread. Looks cool man. 👍

I'm trying to keep it interesting with random updates. That's the fun part about project cars :D.

Here's the teeth, not perfect, the back teeth were kinda hard to make and there's some overspray in the creases of the body, but overall I'd say it came out fine.

Teeth Side by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Teeth Front by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Teeth Side by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Looks awesome man. I can't speak for everyone else, but I am certainly jelly :D

edit: this is the kind of stuff i really want to get into when i get a little older. project cars. mmmm.

Last edited:
Now put like a 1000 horse and I'd crap myself. :lol:

This looks really, really good. You really made the paint job look really good on that car.

Looks awesome man. I can't speak for everyone else, but I am certainly jelly :D

edit: this is the kind of stuff i really want to get into when i get a little older. project cars. mmmm.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it, I wasn't sure how it would come out.

Project cars are awesome, they take up money and room, but are totally worth it.

SVX

Thank you!

Once the other side is done, will it be Bi-Winning? :lol:.

Now, time to do the other side... :P

I know, we just haven't had time to pull it out and mask it all up. It should be done in the coming weeks, hopefully.

Awesome idea, well executed too!

Thanks! My dad did all the masking, that's why it's so clean. If it was just me, it would look horrible.

Now put like a 1000 horse and I'd crap myself. :lol:

This looks really, really good. You really made the paint job look really good on that car.

That's the plan :lol:. But I'll probably just rebuild the KA for now and work with that and upgrade later.

I was a little worried on the size of it at first, but it actually came out good. Everyone does the behind the wheel well face, so I had to make my stand out.

If he takes out the signal lights, that could be the sharks nostrils.

They pop right out, almost too easy. When I paint the other side I'll take them out and see how they look.

Wow. Interesting car.
Baremetal and clear the whole car then redo the teeth. Lol

That's the reaction I was going for, interesting.

Baremetal would look cool, but it would be a pain to get it totally clean. And the teeth look good all random and jaggy :lol:.

I do have something else coming though,

A Rocket Bunny Duck Tail. I wanted a Wangan Wing for awhile, but I could only find the carbon fiber ones so I gave up. Then I saw the Rocket Bunny car, the white one in the gas station, and fell in lone with the wing. It should be here in a couple weeks, then I'll be done with the exterior other then paint and wheels, and maybe fender flares.

Andrew Coomes' Rocket Bunny LS Powered S13 2 by Kyle Tomita, on Flickr

Last edited:
We got it running today after sitting for way too long. The main reason, new battery. And we just didn't put in a new battery and leave it, oh no, we moved it.

Rear Battery by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

We have a trickle charger now so we won't have to always run it. It'll probably get on the streets in the next week of two. My dad FINALLY got a real full time job again, so we'll have the weekends to work on it again.

We have one, we just need to get it to fit. And that cut off looks good, I'll look into that at some point.

How much did that run you? Real Rocket Bunny is $$$.

I absolutely love that rear spoiler, but the spray painted thing on the side/bare hood/spray painted steelies/peeling paint/ect make the whole package much less than spectacular IMO. I don't think it's going to "work" in a visual sense until way down the line as far as visuals go, and you've got a long way to go before you should even bother with the visuals.

I approve of that rear spoiler 👍

Thanks, it looks good in photos, but it looks even better in person. You'll see it on Woodward soon enough.

How much did that run you? Real Rocket Bunny is $$$.

I absolutely love that rear spoiler, but the spray painted thing on the side/bare hood/spray painted steelies/peeling paint/ect make the whole package much less than spectacular IMO. I don't think it's going to "work" in a visual sense until way down the line as far as visuals go, and you've got a long way to go before you should even bother with the visuals.

It was a pretty penny, but I made it up in one check.

That's all I'm doing visually other then wheels and paint. I figured I get the easy things out of the way, then see what I can do. I don't know really mind the randomness of it, I like it actually, it gives it an I don't care look. It will cleaner though, don't worry.

Wheels, I need help on what to get. You guys on here seem to be the best people to ask for suggestions. I'm really open, I like the Work Meisters, but they're a little a-spensive. I'm down for off brand wheels, name doesn't really mean anything to me.

Wheels, I need help on what to get. You guys on here seem to be the best people to ask for suggestions. I'm really open, I like the Work Meisters, but they're a little a-spensive. I'm down for off brand wheels, name doesn't really mean anything to me.

What size and what look are you going for?

I'll throw an opinion in the ring, just because I like these wheels. Enkei Classic 92's

ecs_enkei92_sml_ci3_l.jpg

I think they look good on 240's.
Mesh016.jpg

Going with the old school-ish theme, Definitely nothing bigger than 16s.

16x8 +0 will fit very good and still maintain the look without looking like you're trying too hard.

Back