try drag or rota
drag v2
v2_wheel_black.jpg
its a te37 knock off

rota drift grid
GridDiftBronze16x8.jpg

also a te37 knock off

Worst post in the whole thread.

Anway, I like where this is going man. I've been following this for a while now, but after finally seeing the wheels on the car I can't help but think that they're too small. That's not exactly a bad thing since the car still looks good, I just think it can look even better with a little more work.

Don't forget to relocate the fender harness or one day you'll hit a big dip and rip it apart.

Ah, good advice, I didn't even think of it.

Looking good Eric! I still need to see your car at some point :lol:

:lol: I know. I should bring it to Autozone at some point this summer.

There's a reason he bought those Enkeis instead of picking up some super cool jdmtyte Rotas for probably less money. But to each his own.

I thought Rota, but they seem to have a negative stigma against them so I avoided them. Plus, I was looking at 92s and SSR Mesh wheels even before had a 240, so it just seemed right.

Why you no 5 lug conversion?

Money, and I wanted to keep it a little classic.

Anway, I like where this is going man. I've been following this for a while now, but after finally seeing the wheels on the car I can't help but think that they're too small. That's not exactly a bad thing since the car still looks good, I just think it can look even better with a little more work.

They are a little small, I realized that when I put them on, but there's something about it I like. I remember I saw an S13 on SpeedHunters with 14" Longchamps and it still looked good. I like the whole 18" wheels and slammed look, but I can only make my car so undrivable here in Michigan until I hit the point of nondrivable :lol:. I just need to mess with my height and make it more level and it should fit together a little better too.

Here's that S13 I saw.

pl6.jpg

If he can rock it, so can I :D.

I think your tires are great. You can have a stiff suspension without killing your spine because you actually have sidewalls on your tires. Sidewalls are very under rated.

I think your tires are great. You can have a stiff suspension without killing your spine because you actually have sidewalls on your tires. Sidewalls are very under rated.
Proper dampers are under rated. Then you can have stiff sidewalls and have a proper, responsive feeling car without having to worry about tires with squishy sidewalls.
Plus his tires have stiff sidewalls anyway.

My frame rails before the new wheels were .5 and inch off the ground. My exhaust is like 2 and front lip is 1.5ish.

This. Car. Is. Perfect.

Thank you for not buying Drags or Rotas. If you did, I'd drive over to Michigan and give you a lecture.

My frame rails before the new wheels were .5 and inch off the ground. My exhaust is like 2 and front lip is 1.5ish.
And the above picture is lower than you.

Mind taking a pic of your frame rails to the ground height? I have a hard time believing you're that low. That lip looks 2 inches at least.

i was in the middle of the thread reading that and it hit me, i like the mesh wheels he went with.

So I might supercharge it when the time comes.

Anyway, I FINALLY took her out for a little drive. So it scrapes like crazy (not surprised), but it's fun to drive. Anyway onto the pictures, I had to do the typical gas station and car wash pictures. I only went out for a little bit, I'll do more later.

Gas Up by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Scrape by E_Delaney, on Flickr

^^Notice the nice the scrape mark in the middle there :D.

Pinckney Parked by E_Delaney, on Flickr

The Bunny by E_Delaney, on Flickr

The Peak copy by E_Delaney, on Flickr

Man I love this 240.... is it SOHC though, or DOHC? I remember you saying on facebook it was DOHC, but the picture of the motor on the first page says otherwise.

can you get a plate milled? if so you could adapt the itb's off of a large cc sport bike. i know people that took cbr itb's and put them on b16 and b18 engines, but the honda bike parts oddly plug into honda car parts lol.
a20791c12e7bf4718fed7a_m.JPG

Was your car on Speedhunters again?

Yes it was!

can you get a plate milled? if so you could adapt the itb's off of a large cc sport bike. i know people that took cbr itb's and put them on b16 and b18 engines, but the honda bike parts oddly plug into honda car parts lol.
a20791c12e7bf4718fed7a_m.JPG

I could try that, I was just hopping there'd be an easier non custom way :lol:.

Yes it was!

I could try that, I was just hopping there'd be an easier non custom way :lol:.

there is, but it oddly costs more than making your own set up.

used itb from cbr1000 80-100$
a machined billet plate 100-150$ cheaper if you have a friend that can do it.
junkyard honda parts, fuel pressure regulator, rail, injectors and wireing. depending on junk yard 80$ or so.
some AN line and fittings from jegs/summit etc. 40$ or so.
can of carb/choke cleaner and bottle of fuel injector cleaner 10$
so 400-500$ to do custom.
or do this way http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Nissan_240SX_Performance_Modification/KA24DE_and_KA24E/ITB's

Amazing photos 👍 The car is looking really good.

What did you use for lighting? I like how the light comes out of under the car. Is that a light source you added or the street light behind?

Thanks! It was just some little halogen light from our basement, I just set it next to the car to see how it would look.

Thanks! It's fun having a car that I can just play with and test out ideas. But it sucks having no money to do actual stuff.

Back