Nissan 240sx (s14) '96 drift tune

• Thread starter JDM_Subaru
  • 9 comments
Power: Just under 390hp with an oil change

Parts to buy:
Everything except rigity improvement! For beginners start with a low rev turbo setup but for the advanced use the high rev turbo!

Settings:

Ride height: -10 front and rear
Spring rate: 6.0fr 5.2rr
Damper bound: fr5 rr5
Damper rebound: fr5 rr5
ARB: fr2 rr3
Camber:fr3.0 r0.5
Toe: fr0.0 rr0.2

Diff: all settings to 60

Brake ballance: 2/9

TCS: 0
ASM: 0

Downforce: N/A

This one is one of the best setups to start with, from TTCH.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=176507

Here you can read all you need to know about how to tune.

And there are many more! You just need to look a bit around, or tune it yourself, it's not easy to learn, but You will get there and it makes things way more easy.
Just start out with a little bit of extra power, a 2-way LSD, at least that's what I prefer. And just start to adjust one thing at the time and see what it does. Also read the tuningguides, they are pretty helpful.

Last edited:

Parts to buy:
Everything except rigity improvement! For beginners start with a low rev turbo setup but for the advanced use the high rev turbo!

Settings:

And there are many more! You just need to look a bit around, or tune it yourself, it's not easy to learn, but You will get there and it makes things way more easy.
Just start out with a little bit of extra power, a 2-way LSD, at least that's what I prefer. And just start to adjust one thing at the time and see what it does. Also read the tuningguides, they are pretty helpful.

I'd like to chip in on these marked areas. Very good setup, but with some tweaks it might be better even. :D

You should not use a high rev turbo in S-chassis cars. The torque from the second stage turbo is needed for tandems. (Unless you're never going to tandem, than you can get used to third stage turbo too.)

This seems a bit overdo. 2,5 would be fine. :) If the user is a wheel user, that is. If not, you don't need any camber up front, if I remember correctly from my controller days. :)

Last but not least: The differential. It's good, but 5 (initial torque) - 60 - 60 is a tad better still. :)

I'd like to chip in on these marked areas. Very good setup, but with some tweaks it might be better even. :D

You should not use a high rev turbo in S-chassis cars. The torque from the second stage turbo is needed for tandems. (Unless you're never going to tandem, than you can get used to third stage turbo too.)

This seems a bit overdo. 2,5 would be fine. :) If the user is a wheel user, that is. If not, you don't need any camber up front, if I remember correctly from my controller days. :)

Last but not least: The differential. It's good, but 5 (initial torque) - 60 - 60 is a tad better still. :)

To supply my input, if on controller with the S chassis, using 1-1.7 up front gives a better response on initiation.

This must be a personal preference thing. When I was on a controller, I had my diff setup at 5,60,60, front and rear camber was anywhere between 2.0-3.0 depending on the car and how I felt at the time. I could tandem perfectly all the time. this seemed to work with every car I had also.

This must be a personal preference thing. When I was on a controller, I had my diff setup at 5,60,60, front and rear camber was anywhere between 2.0-3.0 depending on the car and how I felt at the time. I could tandem perfectly all the time. this seemed to work with every car I had also.

Definitely personal preference, no two drifters are alike in my opinion...

Last edited:

Parts to buy:

Settings:

Just start out with a little bit of extra power, a 2-way LSD, at least that's what I prefer. And just start to adjust one thing at the time and see what it does. Also read the tuningguides, they are pretty helpful.[/QUOTE IS it irrelevant to wait until the car is in need of an oil change? I recommend stock differential when using the high turbo, you get the most out of the car. I have my S14 tunned for speed, still working on a good transmission tune. Don't put high camber don't need it after the update patch with GT6

Latest Posts

Back