Nissan 370Z 50th Anniversary Edition Celebrates Half a Century of Z

They could have at least base it on the Nismo 370Z to get some nice exhaust and other stuff and a prettier and sportier bodystyling...

Quiet underwhelming fur such a traditional car..

This is the 50th anniversary of the 370z, right?

You know, I didn't even realize the 370Z was that old until I looked it up. It's now 10 years old and riding around on a platform that 18 years old.

Guess it's not as bad as the Nissan Frontier which is somehow 15 years old.

New cars are actively in development, they're just not ready yet. I'm thinking 2021 new Z, GT-R maybe the year after.

Then show people. The article says that there hasn't been any sort of test mules lurking about, or prototypes in cold weather environments, nothing of that sort.

If they are actively in development, then show people that development. Letting camo'd prototypes and test mules out into the wild is more so a game of building hype then anything else, and as it stands now, Nissan has no hype for either the next Z car, or the next GT-R.

Then show people. The article says that there hasn't been any sort of test mules lurking about, or prototypes in cold weather environments, nothing of that sort.

If they are actively in development, then show people that development. Letting camo'd prototypes and test mules out into the wild is more so a game of building hype then anything else, and as it stands now, Nissan has no hype for either the next Z car, or the next GT-R.
What happened with Honda did that with the NSX? And GM with the new Corvette? Toyota Supra ring a bell? People get tired of it. Pretty sure the GT-R isn't to that stage yet either. Z-car maybe, but both cars are developed and tested at the facility in Japan to start so good luck seeing anything.

What happened with Honda did that with the NSX? And GM with the new Corvette? Toyota Supra ring a bell? People get tired of it
People "got tired" of the NSX, and the Supra, and the BreesFreeze twins, because Honda and Toyota both tried to offset production setbacks of their protracted development cycles by trotting out a new concept car or marketing stunt to draw people's attention back to them; to say nothing when they actually came out and underwhelmed people on their "measurables" (and whether those people had actually drove them isn't really relevant at that point). You want people to not get tired of your car before it even comes out? Perhaps don't feature it in a Super Bowl commercial and a movie that grossed a billion and a half dollars 4 years before you are actually ready to put it on sale.

It seems a bit much to compare what those two did to production mules being spotted so people at least have a reason to believe these cars (possibly only a couple years away) even exist and aren't just another IDx fiasco.

It seems a bit much to compare what those two did to production mules being spotted so people at least have a reason to believe these cars (possibly only a couple years away) even exist and aren't just another IDx fiasco.
Well you can take my word for it or wait like everyone else.

Back