Nissan CONCEPT 2020 VGT Super Lap: Tokyo R246

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 82 comments
Switch OFF ALL helpers (Traction Control, Automatic Stability Control etc.), BUT SWITCH ABS TO 10 (yes: TEN!!!)!
:banghead:
Well...that should make for a fun video with automatic transmission and the accelerator bolted to the floor :dunce:

The challenge to driving the 2020VGT 4WD may stem from the fact that it's a hybrid (one v6 motor and 3 electrical ones): the throttle simply handles differently than the standard gas-guzzler. Also, a feature which frustrates tuners to no end is the fact that it cannot be altered in any way (aside from tires and brake settings). This adds a whole new dimension to racing, both online and offline : it levels the playing field, much like racing a stock vehicle with no mods whatsoever. The TT results here come down to basic driving skill only. Not that is matters in my case, because there are easily 2-3 thousand racers ahead of me.

A minor rant : What bugs me is that this car (unlike the Aston Martin) comes with so little basic information, such as horsepower (electrical power?), weight, dimensions, etc. What's the big secret? Is this the wave of the future? It seems to me that we should have access to the same minimal information about all the cars in this game, including he concept vehicles. Hopefully, this can be corrected.

I love this track, one of my favourites.

This car suits my driving style too, i want all my cars to handle like it. I know slides lose speed, but the 'chuckability' of this thing is a top laugh.

Only managed a silver so far, but i'm defo not giving up on this one.

I hope one of you expert tuners out there gets the urge to tune this, or any of the Vision GT cars. I'd love to actually use one of these in a race instead of just a Super Lap. Maybe we can convince the tuning superstar, Mr #praiano63 to tune one or two of these. I will certainly be happy to finance a project like this.

Edit: Does anyone know if by putting the hashtag (#) in front of Praiano's screen name will alert him that he has been mentioned in a post? I know nothing about Twitter, hashtags, etc. Thanks!

@chrisdittmer .... The car cannot be tuned at all.

And use (@) in front of names for alerts as I have with yours, (#) is a social media thing and has no such use here.

Thank you very much for the tip. I actually hate Facebook (no offense to anyone who enjoys it) so thanks to your help I know what to do and what not to do:-)

Have a nice evening everyone!

I took this car to the current seasonal event of 600pp at Nurb_south (GP).

Well, it was an easy win under the setting of that event, but this car drives very badly for a big 4WD I'm afraid.

So unstable under braking, especially in slower corners. Such response is almost like a light weight, short WB MR car. Odd. And the suspension and LSD can't be tuned ! What a shame. (almost makes me feel sick seeing the rear camber and toe, argh~ )

And with SS, its racing brake is useless. I have to keep the bias down to 1 or 0 to avoid severe lock.

(after this, I tried Aston Martin VGT, with the same useless racing brake, forturnately it's way better in every other aspect... )

I took this car to the current seasonal event of 600pp at Nurb_south (GP).

Well, it was an easy win under the setting of that event, but this car drives very badly for a big 4WD I'm afraid.

So unstable under braking, especially in slower corners. Such response is almost like a light weight, short WB MR car. Odd. And the suspension and LSD can't be tuned ! What a shame. (almost makes me feel sick seeing the rear camber and toe, argh~ )

And with SS, its racing brake is useless. I have to keep the bias down to 1 or 0 to avoid severe lock.

(after this, I tried Aston Martin VGT, with the same useless racing brake, forturnately it's way better in every other aspect... )
I'm not sure where you get this from tbh... The Aston handles so horrible I honestly believe its the worst handling car in the entire game! You never know if its gonig to understeer or oversteer, the only thing you know is that it is not going to grip. Fastest way to drive that car is sideways. Totally realistic.

The 2020 is'nt that bad, I agree it does'nt behave like a 4WD, but it is easy to balance on the throttle. The only VGT car that handles better than the 2020 is the BMW.

Well, YMMV as always.

I guess the handling feel is about personal preference.

Later I took both VGT of Nissan and Aston Martin to S class Ascari 10-lap. I ran them both with SH tire.

My impressions to them remain the same. If there's no major mistake, their lap times are similar. Still, AM is easier for me, and I have to be more careful with Nissan (no trail braking).

Wow this car is very different from the Aston. The AM rewards you for being sideways and I think this future GT-R does the opposite. Fun drive though; I like trying to tame the lift off oversteer. I don't get why everyone is in love with the sounds though. :confused: It really just sounds like the RJN GT3 but with some extra electrical doo-dad sounds. :odd:

Gonna be a challenge to catch my sparring partner @t_wilson01 on this one! :bowdown:

I'm starting to like this car more and more the more I drive it:) I'm at 1:35.4 right now and there is probably 2 tenths to get, even 3 tenths if I get a perfect lap.:)

@LLOYDZELITE69 : your time has been beaten, shape up!:sly:

et_
I'm starting to like this car more and more the more I drive it:) I'm at 1:35.4 right now and there is probably 2 tenths to get, even 3 tenths if I get a perfect lap.:)

@LLOYDZELITE69 : your time has been beaten, shape up!:sly:
Haven't bothered to do another lap in like 4 days. I've been on a few 1:34's but keep messing it up. Oh well :P

:odd: Gonna be a challenge to catch my sparring partner @t_wilson01 on this one! :bowdown:
You're just giving me false hopes... again. :( It's only a matter of time before you take your rightful place atop my friends list. :bowdown: I'm actually surprised and quite pleased that I'm close to your times for a change. :cheers:

What are you talking about Wilson you destroyed me in the last couple rounds! :)
1110296423.jpg

I know this is way late but I've been meaning to do this and finally got around to actually accomplishing that:

Back