Nissan GT-R, left side steering wheel?

• Thread starter Tomaz
  • 59 comments

Tomaz

(Banned)
TomLeeChan
Say what?
Hello to everyone!

I am wondering if there's gonna be Nissan GT-R who'll have steering wheel on left side in full game. Any news or guess?

Bye!

Look at the cars in GT3 & 4.
The driver sits left in the US models, the question is, will there be a US GT-R in GT5?
The answer: No one knows....

I never played GT4, only GT3 at my friends home. I never had any PS, but this year I'll buy it just because of GT5.

I come from Europe, so it should be on left side like in US also.

I would think, that, unless they're going to model a LHD version also, then it will probably be right only.

Nevermind...though I haven't seen a LHD Skyline GTR yet in the states but most likely they are going to leave all Car "LHD" standard Stateside. Unless people have the need to crash every time on the road.

TVC
The car they put in the game is generally from the country of origin.

Exactly, which is why I think a LHD GTR in the full version is highly unlikely and I don't want them to bother personally, or any of the cars, I am happy to drive both just the same.

Nissan Skyline R34 never had been LHD so it's logical it won't be LHD in game. But GT-R R35 is going to sell in US and Europe, so it's going to be LHD it would be nice if was LHD in game too.

R35 already has been selling in the US for a while now, plenty of LHD ones around, but I don't really care to have PD spend time on making every car to suit every region.

R35 already has been selling in the US for a while now, plenty of LHD ones around, but I don't really care to have PD spend time on making every car to suit every region.
For exactly a year I believe. We barely get the 08-09 models, though I think we sold them in the fall.

Two more months and GT-R comes to Europe. Still I think it's not too big thing to inverse cockpit for those car who has both, left and right side steering wheel.

Why on Earth would you wanna put a steeing wheel on the wrong side of the car anyway?:P It'd be a waste of their time to model such things really.

Why on Earth would you wanna put a steeing wheel on the wrong side of the car anyway?:P It'd be a waste of their time to model such things really.
I agree to an extent. While it would be quite a neat little feature to include, I don't think PD is quite that dedicated to the phrase, "every last detail".

I think, like everyone else..
that US cars, Euro cars will have Left side wheel,
JPN, and England will have right hand side.. etc. etc.

What do you mean wrong side? Maybe left side steering wheel is wrong for you, but in Europe (except UK) we drive on right side of the road.

So "wrong" is relative!

LHD is the only right solution for steering. only little islands have nutters who drive RHD cars on the left side of car.. show offs.. :P

What do you mean wrong side? Maybe left side steering wheel is wrong for you, but in Europe (except UK) we drive on right side of the road.

So "wrong" is relative!

I know, it was a joke, one that has been ever present between driving nations for years as to who is on the "right" side of the car and road. Of course, there is no correct answer.

I have nothing against RHD, actual it would be awesome if we have a chance to pick a car that is LHD or RHD.

So the conclusion is, that in US and Europe version of game all cars will be LHD, and in Australia, Japan, UK ... will be RHD. Correct?

So the conclusion is, that in US and Europe version of game all cars will be LHD, and in Australia, Japan, UK ... will be RHD. Correct?

Extremely doubtful, how did you get this feeling of this conclusion? PD shows no proof of this what so ever, infact I would bet money agaisnt it.

I have nothing against RHD, actual it would be awesome if we have a chance to pick a car that is LHD or RHD.

No, all cars wil be true to their country of origin. (Presumably). So all Japanese cars in the game will be RHD (even in the NTSC version), all American cars LHD, etc etc. It depends on what side they are in their home country.

No, all cars wil be true to their country of origin. (Presumably). So all Japanese cars in the game will be RHD (even in the NTSC version), all American cars LHD, etc etc. It depends on what side they are in their home country.

I suspect this will be the case, as far as I am aware it has always been done this way in the GT series and I see no reason why that would change. To me modeling cars with both a right and left wheel position is time wasted, it could be spent on a more varity of cars, it's just a cosmetic issue.

Also, I agree with Paulie, cars are supposed to be right hand drive,:sly: left is just backwards, you know like anti-clockwise circuits. I guess guys who are used to left hand drive cars might feel different, what's your opinion?

All tracks in England are clockwise? We have a mix in Australia.

All tracks in England are clockwise? We have a mix in Australia.

I can't think of any major ones which aren't clockwise, except for the infield course of Rockingham oval. There is probably one or two minor ones, I don't know.

:lol:. I agree. But to tell you the truth I don't mind what side it is.

I can't think of any major ones which aren't clockwise, except for the infield course of Rockingham oval. There is probably one or two minor ones, I don't know.

You're right, Rockingham is the only anticlockwise one I come up with too. Even the very small tracks I know of are run clockwise.

There are a few anti-clockwise tracks in Australia. Oran Park, Symmons Plains, Phillip Island, Bathurst, Sandown, Eastern Creek. Couldn't be bothered to think of more. But there are clockwise tracks to. Albert Park GP circuit, Adelaide Street circuit, Hamilton Street circuit, Barbagallo, Winton, Queensland Raceway.

You're right, Rockingham is the only anticlockwise one I come up with too. Even the very small tracks I know of are run clockwise.

Hmm, that is odd, I wonder why they did that? Or is it just some scary fluke coincidence?:lol:

There are a few anti-clockwise tracks in Australia. Oran Park, Symmons Plains, Phillip Island, Bathurst, Sandown, Eastern Creek. Couldn't be bothered to think of more. But there are clockwise tracks to. Albert Park GP circuit, Adelaide Street circuit, Hamilton Street circuit, Barbagallo, Winton, Queensland Raceway.

Yep, we have a pretty even mix.

Its quite a common thing for most tracks around the world, and its quite ironic as well, because it means a lot of racing cars are actually left hand drive. The only tracks in Formula 1, for example, are Interlagos, San Marino and Singapore.

Back