Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 105 comments
2001 GT-R Concept called, it wants it's base design back. xD
Ah good, so I wasn't the only one thinking of the GT-R Concept when seeing this.

---
Honestly though, I think it's a pretty good design and I don't even think the gaping mouth is that bad on this car. Though I personally wouldn't have gold on it.

Hopefully! Can’t complain about more GT-Rs!
The Gran Turismo tradition that shall never die,bring the GT-Rs

That was around my thoughts as well when I saw it; looks like an older concept of the GT-R.

That must be one of the most important concept cars of all time....because they actually made that into a real car and are still using it as inspiration for their designs

2001 GT-R Concept called, it wants it's base design back. xD

I still think that nose and the wheels top any version of the R35 for style.

I do very much like this one off, it has some nice detailing and ideas. Hopefully we do get in GT S.

That must be one of the most important concept cars of all time....because they actually made that into a real car and are still using it as inspiration for their designs
I can't tell if you're trying to make a sarcastic remark or not, but none of what I said indicated otherwise.

VXR
I still think that nose and the wheels top any version of the R35 for style.

I do very much like this one off, it has some nice detailing and ideas. Hopefully we do get in GT S.
WITH interior. Gotta add that to the request. ;)

...hold on a second. A Nissan GT-R that's actually looks at least remotely classy?
Considering that Toyota won LeMans not long ago...

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/07/n...may-enter-limited-production-1-million-piece/

Nissan says that depending on reception, the GTR-50 could enter an “extremely limited run” as a hand-built production vehicle. Initial price estimates place the GT-R50 at around 900,000 euros (a little over $1 million at the current exchange rates).

Nissan says that if the project gets green-lighted, no more than 50 examples will be hand-built by Italdesign, with each car tailored for each customer.

Now, I'm being greedy. I feel Nissan should do a Nismo Skyline. At first, my thoughts were to use the Q60. Make it RWD and have it race in the Virgin Australia Supercars series.

Im feeling, with this R-50, it should be RWD. Lamborghini did it with the Balboni. Audi has a RWD R8. A RWD(only) GT-R shows that heritage and might be a bit of a different animal to a normal R35.

I hate to be the one pointing this out, but... A million dollars for a Nissan? :confused:

Im feeling, with this R-50, it should be RWD. Lamborghini did it with the Balboni. Audi has a RWD R8. A RWD(only) GT-R shows that heritage and might be a bit of a different animal to a normal R35.
That would kinda go against GT-R's heritage, as GT-Rs are most known for the ATTESA 4WD system, which, while isn't limited to GT-Rs, is its most notable and strongest trait.

R31, however had some sort of an RWD equivalent of GT-R, which is known as GTS-R.

I hate to be the one pointing this out, but... A million dollars for a Nissan? :confused:
People will buy it. Italdesign is working to break into Zagato's territory of building highly limited, hand built redesigns with a new line of supercars starting with the Zerouno with their new sub-division, so it's more the name you're buying than Nissan's.

It's likely the GT-R50 will be seen as the next vehicle in that line as the main company is owned by Lamborghini and has a long relationship with VAG.

That would kinda go against GT-R's heritage, as GT-Rs are most known for the ATTESA 4WD system, which, while isn't limited to GT-Rs, is its most notable and strongest trait.

R31, however had some sort of an RWD equivalent of GT-R, which is known as GTS-R.
But, but.. 50 years ago...
images

But, but.. 50 years ago...
images
Oh, poop, forgot about this one. Thanks for a reminder. 👍
In this case, making GT-R50 RWD would actually make sense in this context. Both RWD and 4WD scenarios are fine by me personally.

When I saw this car for the first time in my Insta's explore page I thought it was a typical fan render of what a future GT-R could look like, not a real car. I want to like it but I just can't. It looks weird to me. I personally prefer the 2001 concept and the 2007 GT-R (and pretty much every Skyline GT-R before them).

This car gotta be coming to GTS, sure hope so I wanna take it around Bathurst and Nordschleife lol. The heads up display is already the same as the GT3 GTR so that’s a start. (:

Back