Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet Comes Back: As A Volkswagen?

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 37 comments
Be interesting to know how well it sells. I expected to see Evoque Convertibles absolutely everywhere, and I've probably seen two on the road in the UK since launch. Maybe it sells better in California, but I'd be surprised if this VW is any more common.

I've seen a handful up in NorCal. To be honest I thought I would see more. They haven't gone out of their way to market the thing.

This is a crossover?

Because unless the dude inside is 5 feet tall, other than having the same horrible slab sided bunker sight lines of a Camaro this thing looks smaller than a Golf III Cabriolet. It doesn't even look like it sits that high so much as the belt line is up to your neck.

I mean, I know we're supposed to treat these things as the greatest sin since Porsche switched to water cooling, but that thing looks like an SUV no more than a PT Cruiser convertible was. Depending on how it looks with the top down and whether they put a real engine in it I'd buy one when I'm in the market for a new convertible next year. It'd be behind a new Miata, R53 Mini convertible, or just saying screw it and buying another Mk I Cabrio; but other than the thread title linking it to the Nissan I don't get the fuss.

Last edited:
As far as automotive guilty pleasures go, the new T-Roc Convertible gone straight to the top of the ranking:
d902dc0b-vw-t-roc-cabriolet-9.jpg

006c9e21-vw-t-roc-cabriolet-19.jpg

b4ce76fc-vw-t-roc-cabriolet-11.jpg

ecd1dba5-vw-t-roc-cabriolet-8.jpg

fc86d4e4-vw-t-roc-cabriolet-10.jpg

Finally, a vehicle that reflects how confused it’s owners are! It’s a great vehicle if you’re in the market for an SUV without that pesky rear hatch!

(What do you call a Sports Utility Vehicle without the utility? A Sports Vehicle? This certainly isn’t.)

(What do you call a Sports Utility Vehicle without the utility? A Sports Vehicle? This certainly isn’t.)

Sports Activity Vehicle? That's a term used by BMW for marketing their crossovers.

high seating possition and feeling of safety in large cars lead to people that aren't that bothered about cars to drive the demand. also reason why manuals are slowly vanishing. Time for kitcars!!! :D

Back