• Thread starter Liquid
  • 45 comments

Liquid

Fission Mailed
Premium
Slovakia
Bratvegas
GTP_Liquid
According to the BBC, Nissan's board of directors might be about to oust chairman Carlos Ghosn.

Ghosn has apparently been under-reporting his pay amongst other financial mismangements during an internal investigation. Supposedly he under-reported as much as £34,000,000 over a 5 year period.

Shares in Renault have dropped 13% after the rumour began circulating.

Last edited:
They article you posted says

I'm absolutely positive that's an updated edit on the BBC website. If not, a typo by me. Apologies.

Sorry, he only defrauded £34 million, not £68 million.

Ghosn, also the CEO of Renault, he's well known in Japan for being the man who saved Nissan from bankruptcy after Renault took control of it (he has been sent there by Renault). That earned him a manga.
The Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance is the largest producer of cars in the world, battling with VW group since last yer for that first position.
Since France state has a significative share in Renault, that's big news here, with Macron already having to issue statements to try to reassure everyone.
shacho.jpg

I like how in that manga, the one Japanese person has vertical text, while all the westerners have horizontal text.

I was just reading about Ghosn's impending ouster. He did an amazing job turning Nissan around, but that doesn't excuse his personal financial transgressions.

According to the BBC, Nissan's board of directors might be about to oust chairman Carlos Ghosn.

Ghosn has apparently been under-reporting his pay amongst other financial mismangements during an internal investigation. Supposedly he under-reported as much as £34,000,000 over a 5 year period.

Shares in Renault have dropped 13% after the rumour began circulating.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Bloomberg commenting that all this is playing out almost like a palace coup :lol:

I hope his successor doesn't run the company into the ground.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-11-19/nissan-s-drama-looks-a-lot-like-a-palace-coup

It's obvious from the article that Hiroto Saikawa clearly wanted Nissan to build the IDX (most likely with turbo 3 & 4 cylinder engine options, optional 6 speed manual transmission, 4-wheel double wishbone suspension a variety of interior colors) and Ghosn said no. Classic Julius Caesar allegory.

idxnismo_34.jpg

My main curiosity, now that he has been thrown out of Mitsubishi as well as of yesterday, is what will Renault do in response? Thursday is the next meeting between the three companies regarding the alliance, and the French government's dream of forcing Nissan to merge with Renault is now up in smoke regardless of it Ghosn goes to prison.

It's obvious from the article that Hiroto Saikawa clearly wanted Nissan to build the IDX (most likely with turbo 3 & 4 cylinder engine options, optional 6 speed manual transmission, 4-wheel double wishbone suspension a variety of interior colors) and Ghosn said no. Classic Julius Caesar allegory.

idxnismo_34.jpg
Is that true? I mean, you've typed it, but I'm welling up with butterflies in my belly, mixed with a bit of anger.
With no hope of getting a decent Datsun 510, the iDX had a real chance of being in my driveway.

To add to that ^^^, I just stumbled across this and had no idea.

Hyundai Motor Appoints José Muñoz as Chief Operating Officer

Hyundai Motor Company has appointed José Muñoz as global Chief Operating Officer. In this capacity, Mr. Muñoz will oversee global operations strategies and their implementation. His focus will be to deliver profitable growth and to improve overall performance of Hyundai Motor based on his decades of automotive and technology experience.

So here's the box he was smuggled out in. I'm super disappointed that it wasn't something like a guitar or a tuba case.

Also, how bad does your import/export process need to be that you let a crate get on an airplane without at least x-raying it?

Private plane, private security company. I'm sure they have their ways.

Everyone is subject to a customs process though, regardless if it's private or not. I assume they paid someone off, which in that case, that should probably be looked into as well.

Back