Nissan To Remove Chairman?

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 45 comments
Its easy to bribe people in Turkey and cross over into the country and across the border into Lebanon with ease.

Turkey and Japan are literally scratching their heads. How the hell did he get away.

But in my opinion it seems they let him get away.

It'll be even more bizarre when it turns out this is all an elaborate marketing stunt for the new Nissan Cube
:lol:

There’s plenty of space in the trunk, evidently.

There is now a war of words between Ghosn and the Japanese... Ghosn is basically accusing the Japanese of framing him because he is not Japanese, and that he was being denied justice. He said that the Japanese justice system has a 99% conviction rate, and that number was ‘probably higher for foreigners’. Ouch.

The press conference was interesting but it really lacked most of the names and hard facts he promised to give. He kinda admitted one of the charges while saying Nissan was well aware of it, said another was legal, and the rest was bs to get rid of him. It will be interesting to see if the media keep serving us the "Carlos Ghosn is the bad guy, while Nissan and the Japanese gov are honest angels" or if it's gonna switch to " CG is a crook and so does the Japanese gov and The rest of Nissan"

He isn't wrong though, the Japanese justice system is incredibly flawed and assumed guilt is basically assured by the courts.

There isn't any Jury as well.

Also, how bad does your import/export process need to be that you let a crate get on an airplane without at least x-raying it?

I will admit that I am not sure if Japan is exactly the same, but here in the US, if you get on a private plane, neither you or your baggage necessarily have to go through security. Been up in a friend's private plane before, and there's no security.

Everyone is subject to a customs process though, regardless if it's private or not. I assume they paid someone off, which in that case, that should probably be looked into as well.

Japan does have exit passport control at least at the regular commercial airports. I don't remember Japan having exit customs control. The people would likely have had their passports checked and stamped when getting on their plane, but if Carlos Ghosn was hiding in a music box, passport control wouldn't have known he was there and thus wouldn't have checked for his passport.

Its easy to bribe people in Turkey and cross over into the country and across the border into Lebanon with ease.

Turkey and Japan are literally scratching their heads. How the hell did he get away.

But in my opinion it seems they let him get away.

He transferred to another private airplane in Turkey and continued on to Lebanon. In a lot of countries, transfer passengers passing through are not required to go through customs or immigration at the transfer country (airside transfers), and I doubt he was on Turkish authorities radar at that time anyways.

We could really use another air hole...

1281213.jpg

Now Carlos Ghosn says that Nissan will go bankrupt after 2-3 years without his tutelage or supervision, though he didn't state what was his own basis for saying this. :indiff:

That’s a fascinating video. It reinforces just how corrupt Nissan’s top management is, and how much of Ghosn’s ouster was managed by the board to end any talk of merging Nissan and Renault.

Back