Nissan's New GT-R Nismo Revealed, Launches October 2021

🤯

Similarly, the Veyron (which had its own fame growing around the same time) has already came & went, and its successor is closing its chapter as well.
Also worth noting, McLaren as a "mainstream" manufacturer wasn't even a thing when the R35 actually came out. :lol:

I'm curious how overpriced it'll be, especially the Nismo version.

The GTR has now outlasted the blacked out vertical front grill graphic trend that it arguably* started way back in 2001.

2001-nissan-skyline-gt-r-concept.jpg

Also worth noting, McLaren as a "mainstream" manufacturer wasn't even a thing when the R35 actually came out. :lol:

I'm curious how overpriced it'll be, especially the Nismo version.
The '22 Nismo was $216K from what I can find. Guessing $225K before the mark ups come at $300K stateside.

The '22 Nismo was $216K from what I can find. Guessing $225K before the mark ups come at $300K stateside.
The outgoing Nismo is still up on Nissan Canada's website at 292K CAD MSRP, roughly 50-60k more than MSRP for a 992 Turbo S. That's one expensive 350Z on steroids.

The GT-R is that senior citizen that just refuses to accept they’re aging and instead spends what’s left of their life savings on botox.
2024 GT-R:

Good to see Nissan is sticking to their ICE, front-engined supercar.
It’s not like they have a choice, unless you expect them to do something drastic like abandon everything modern Nissan stands for and actually develop a new platform that is.

It’s not like they have a choice, unless you expect them to do something drastic like abandon everything modern Nissan stands for and actually develop a new platform that is.
What I meant was, they could have just thrown in the towel long ago.

The NISMO looks great, but the base facelift looks like an attempt was made to reference the R34 and then halfway through someone said "nah".

I'd love to see someone chop the front off this thing and put it on the Z.

Yes. It's exactly why I hate the current trend with older Japanese cars. Imagine trying to convince your spouse it's normal you spent over 200k on a ****ing Honda from 1992, let alone a Nissan made 16 years ago, when you can get a brand new 911 instead that's better in every single way you can think of. Madness.

You know, I dig the newer design. This newer design seems to be more towards elegance than aggression. The flow is rather nice with its grill and all of the lighting arrangements. Nicely played, Nissan.

The rear end is too chonky still, but this is easily the best the car has looked since the 2005 prototype. They did a really great job cleaning up the vertical mass that the front has had since the car debuted (where they first screwed the front end up) and the car looks a lot lower from the front even though it's not really. I'm assuming that they had 15 cents to do the changes and very little wiggle room in regards to hardpoints, as well.

Last edited:
The GTR R35 design is now 22 years old. At that time BMW still built the E46 3-Series, Lamborghini introduced the Murcielago, the 350Z hasn’t even hit the market and Need For Speed Underground 1 just started development.
The gap between Nissan launching the R35 till now is the same length of time as them putting the GT-R badge on hiatus and then relaunching it with the R32. Kinda crazy when you consider how quickly performance cars evolved back then versus now where the R35 is more-or-less unchanged, even amongst competition.

Still, goes to show how forward thinking they were when it can still compete against more modern rivals with very little in the way of changes. Its way nicer than the last facelift for what its worth, though I still think the original or the minor refresh with the DRLs is the best looking of them (even then, that might be - dare I say - nostalgia talking). As Tornado said though, the 2005 proto is by objectively the prettiest.

Edit: I did not see that price for the Nismo until now. Yikes.

Last edited:
Shaving facial hair be like :
IMG_20230113_153241.jpg

To be honest, I think the body ages nicely. They just kept facelifting it and it doesn't look that old IMO.

The NISMO isn't too bad but I can't be the only one who thinks the facelift on the regular model makes it look older?

Shaving facial hair be like :
View attachment 1222522

To be honest, I think the body ages nicely. They just kept facelifting it and it doesn't look that old IMO.
Again, to me, it’s the shape. The shape is pretty much timeless. Still looks strong. I love the sedan body. It does look chunky, but that what I like. The wide tyres hide well with its design.

I’m looking beyond the finger moustachething. It’s almost like a detachable piece across the front. I don’t like it, but everything else keeps in step with modernising it.

The NISMO isn't too bad but I can't be the only one who thinks the facelift on the regular model makes it look older?
I'm not sure if older or just retro. It reminds me of the R34's front end treatment.

They've previously tweaked the grill to match other current Nissans, but this is very different. I assume it's to make it more GT-R and less corporate face of Nissan.

Can't blame them from wanting to seperate it and give it more of its own identity, rather than lumping it in with Leafs, Jukes, Qashquais and X-Trails.

Last edited:
In case you weren't aware, the redesigned front-end isn't the only thing paying homage to the R32-R34 era of GT-R models. Some of the images are inspired by press photos of the R35's predecessors:

I think it's hilarious that when the R35 debuted, we considered it an overweight tech-ladden behemoth.

2007 GTR weight: 3840lbs
2007 BMW 1-series (coupe) weight: 2900lbs

2025 (lol) GTR weight: 3850lbs
2024 BMW 2-series (M2) weight: 3867lbs

I'm not sure how, but the GTR still looks good. I'm not a huge fan of the latest refresh, but the 2017-2021 cars look really great and any time I see one, I stop and appreciate it.

I think it's hilarious that when the R35 debuted, we considered it an overweight tech-ladden behemoth.

2007 GTR weight: 3840lbs
2007 BMW 1-series (coupe) weight: 2900lbs

2025 (lol) GTR weight: 3850lbs
2024 BMW 2-series (M2) weight: 3867lbs

I'm not sure how, but the GTR still looks good. I'm not a huge fan of the latest refresh, but the 2017-2021 cars look really great and any time I see one, I stop and appreciate it.
My favorite was when it debuted it was a soulless pig full of electronics and Nissan pretentiously punching above its weight with things like "nitrogen tires" and it's amazing launch control (before it became clear it destroyed transmissions). The "Playstation car," lovingly designed hand in hand with the game development studio that took 5 years to port GT4 to PSP.

Then when BMW was making the Supra the R35 was suddenly one of the biggest sticks of "classic JDM engineering" for people to beat it with.

Last edited:
When I got that surprise ride in the ‘12 R35, that forever sealed my respect for this model.

The Skyline EDITION should have a set of thin six-spoke RAYS wheels.

Back