No Cockpit eye level Hood view for standard cars CONFIRMED

Check out Tekken's standard cars videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s-z5NPUgNE at 0:19 you will see that the roof view is as good as it's gonna get for anything close to a proper hood view at cockpit eye level.

Wow PD really? Couldn't give us cockpit view on all cars, okay I get that, how about giving us a nice hood view, nope not even that.

UPDATE 3: No Hood cam period in GT5 Confirmed by Amar212

Amar212
# SECOND UPDATE

First to say that sound is greatly improved (I have a large 5.1 setup). Best sound is from the roof-cam (no hood cam, it's final), while tyre sound is refined additionaly. Spund of impact is vastly improved when you bump into other cars.

NO MULTISCREEN OR LAN OPTIONS SO FAR.

UPDATE 2 THERE IS HOPE!
Not all is lost maybe:

Picture1-11.png

Picture2-6.png

UPDATE comparison between Gamescon 2010 demo vs retail version by Tekken
Before in Gamecon 2010 demo proper hood cam
gt5hoodcam.jpg

In standard cars video by tekken at 0:19 roof cam
gt5hoodcam2.jpg

Why did PD remove the proper hood cam which would have been awesome for standard cars in the Full Retail version of GT5????????????????

Last edited:
Are you surprised?

Yeah I'm surprised, I thought Kaz was working on something for all us Cockpit view only drivers, eg a nice proper hood view at the same eye level as the cockpit view, so we could atleast feel like we were still in a car. Even Forza 2 did this. WTF

Boy, you're really pissed about this aren't you? Doesn't really bother me too much.

I'm dissapointed there's no cockpit view but still impressed by how the standards look/sound in that video.

We knew that ages ago.
How did you know that ? There was word Kaz was working on something like PSP black cockpits for all the disappointed cockpit fans, I really thought the minimum when the game was officially released would be a proper hood view eye leveled with the cockpit view. I want to know I'm driving a car not a floating magic carpet.

How did you know that ? There was word Kaz was working on something like PSP black cockpits for all the disappointed cockpit fans, I really thought the minimum when the game was officially released would be a proper hood view eye leveled with the cockpit view. I want to know I'm driving a car not a floating magic carpet.

Kaz confirmed that standard cars wouldn't have cockpit view for a long time ago

I'm crazy disappointed because I'm one of those people who only drive cockpit view. I have been imagining that day for the last 5yrs when I could finally drive in a proper cockpit view with all 800 cars on the Nurburgring with my G25 wheel heal toeing clutching, left foot braking heaven with the advance physics of GT5. Now it's only going to be limited.

Tried my dream with Forza3 but the physics were just fake as F@#$
Boy, you're really pissed about this aren't you? Doesn't really bother me too much.

I'm dissapointed there's no cockpit view but still impressed by how the standards look/sound in that video.

Sorry dude but first person/bumper cam/drivers seat with an invisible interior is eye level from the drivers seat. This was proven about a year ago. There was a demo at R246 in a Subby rally car. The driver hit a barrier which put it on the hood. When viewing the replay from first person the block looked as if it was suspended in mid air. In third person/balloon view it was clearly on the hood of the car.

Have you noticed some racing games' "bumper cam" is ridiculously low compared to Gran Turismo's? It's because ours is not from the bumper. It's from the driver's eye with an invisible cockpit.

For some reason I was thinking this thread was confirming head tracking while using roof cam

Ok. I really think you, and the EPIC FALE poster just need to step back and take a few deep breaths.

It's a game first off.

And, you're getting way too worked up over nothing. I was dissapointed when I first heard about standard v premium too, but, you know what? There is nothing you can do about it. So, why get all worked up?

Just try and focus on the cool stuff. Watch that track generator vid again. It's pretty cool!

I get that the bumper view is the cockpit view without the cockpit, but I really need to see some bit of my car. I could accept that in GT4 days, but today I want to feel like I'm atleast I'm in a car eg a cockpit view or a hood view that tells me what color and what model car I'm driving. There a certain level of ownership I get when seeing my car.
Sorry dude but first person/bumper cam/drivers seat with an invisible interior is eye level from the drivers seat. This was proven about a year ago. There was a demo at R246 in a Subby rally car. The driver hit a barrier which put it on the hood. When viewing the replay from first person the block looked as if it was suspended in mid air. In third person/balloon view it was clearly on the hood of the car.

Have you noticed some racing games' "bumper cam" is ridiculously low compared to Gran Turismo's? It's because ours is not from the bumper. It's from the driver's eye with an invisible cockpit.

For some reason I was thinking this thread was confirming head tracking while using roof cam

I've been waiting for this game for five years, I was going to take vacation for this game. I bought a nice Wheel, I invested in a nice tv and PS3 for this game. And considering how good GT4 was, I have extremely high expectations. No I'm not sitting behind my computer contemplating suicide because of GT5 but I would like to express my major disappointment and have a glimmer of hope maybe someone at PD will go hey we can easily reposition a hoodview for everyone who loves the cockpit view in our next patch
Ok. I really think you, and the EPIC FALE poster just need to step back and take a few deep breaths.

It's a game first off.

And, you're getting way too worked up over nothing. I was dissapointed when I first heard about standard v premium too, but, you know what? There is nothing you can do about it. So, why get all worked up?

Just try and focus on the cool stuff. Watch that track generator vid again. It's pretty cool!

Damn right! PD has fixed a lot of the things we've been complaining about for years and added in a lot of small subtle features. Ultimately, I suspect there will be a premium for racing in just about every category so people should figure them out and purchase and let the standards fill the track with nice cars.

I plan on buying most of the Premiums, but I'll be damned if there aren't Standard cars that warrant a purchase. Most of the Audi's and older racing cars are perfect examples.

Hood view smells

Hopefully the tuning options on the premiums will more than make up for the disappointing tuning options on the standards.

The hood cam varies with every car, some of the premiums look like they have really nice ones, but the standards seem to be imported angles from GT4 aswell...

I get that the bumper view is the cockpit view without the cockpit, but I really need to see some bit of my car. I could accept that in GT4 days, but today I want to feel like I'm atleast I'm in a car eg a cockpit view or a hood view that tells me what color and what model car I'm driving. There a certain level of ownership I get when seeing my car.[/QUOTE

At the risk of being ridiculed by everyone for being negative... i do agree with you.... in GT4 you had no choice... bumper cam (or eye level cam) but then they flogged GT5p and cockpit views onto us GT fans so we'd feel/see the cars we are driving.... it worked... most of us warmed to it... so yes it is a disappointment that we can't have that for all the cars... there are so many std cars that i was looking fwd to driving (from inside the car) but that's just not going to happen and that's a huge downer for me... have i built the bridge now and moved forward?? almost..... GT5 will still be epic and i've finally got myself to the place where i'm just going to enjoy GT5 for what it is and not what it isn't..... peace!

I get what you're saying. You'd like a camera mounted to the dash? Yeah me too. Cockpit view is too far back compared to driving a real car. Supercar Challenge has two in car views, traditional and a cockpit view that is more forward. Windshild should be 90% of the view, not 40%.

Back