No cockpit view for clubman vtg?

• Thread starter Pcole
  • 24 comments
Some of the VGT cars were launched in GT6, where a lot of the cars didn't had a cockpit view. The Mini was one of them.

It's a reason to sell cockpitless VGT cars.... As Toyota SF r edition....
We are in 2023 not 2004....

Last edited:
Also the Aston Martin DP-100 VGT. Which also appeared first on GT6.

Like other VGT isn't a real world car, but Aston Martin indeed had a full modeled interior, which could be seen on their official website.
Nowadays, the site still exists (dp-100.astonmartin.com) but all the media seems to have the links broken.

I wish I had seen this post before wasting 1,000,000 credits on a Mini Clubman VGT without a cockpit view. This game calls itself ‘The Real Driving Simulator’ - so why no cockpit view? I don’t drive a car sitting on the front bumper, or on the roof, or from a helicopter flying 20 metres behind and 5 metres above! I drive it from the cockpit. Oh well, at least it’s a bug that everyone has, and not just me. As I don’t want to waste credits on cars without a cockpit view, is there any way of checking before purchase? I notice that in the garage there isn’t an interior view of the mini VGT - is that the clue?

I wish I had seen this post before wasting 1,000,000 credits on a Mini Clubman VGT without a cockpit view. This game calls itself ‘The Real Driving Simulator’ - so why no cockpit view? I don’t drive a car sitting on the front bumper, or on the roof, or from a helicopter flying 20 metres behind and 5 metres above! I drive it from the cockpit. Oh well, at least it’s a bug that everyone has, and not just me. As I don’t want to waste credits on cars without a cockpit view, is there any way of checking before purchase? I notice that in the garage there isn’t an interior view of the mini VGT - is that the clue?
Gran Turismo has called itself the "Real Driving Simulator" since the beginning, and cockpit view didn't show up until GT5 on the PS3. It was certianly possible in the PSX era (see: The first Need for Speed on 3D0/Saturn/PSX). Did those games not count as the "Real Driving Simulator" either?

As technology evolves, the expectation should be for PD to do better (or at least match the competition).

And it's not like PD has the excuse of not having access to scan the real interiors (nevermind the VGTs that have fully built or sketched out interiors like the Aston or the Merc). We are talking fantasy cars. Imagination's the limit.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo has called itself the "Real Driving Simulator" since the beginning, and cockpit view didn't show up until GT5 on the PS3. It was certianly possible in the PSX era (see: The first Need for Speed on 3D0/Saturn/PSX). Did those games not count as the "Real Driving Simulator" either?
Thanks for your reply. I only bought GT7 late 2022 and have no knowledge of any other game, apart from years ago my son had GT4. All the other cars I have bought or won in GT7 have cockpit view, it’s what I like and use, so it was a surprise to find a car without it. I thought it was a bug, but obviously not. I just find it odd that some cars are produced for GT7 without cockpit view. I’ll park it in the garage and buy something else!

People, just to be clear:

All these cars were sketched and designed by their own manufacturer, e.g. MINI. However, some of them weren't meant to have an interior, i've never seen an interior sketch of the MINI Cooper VGT, nor the Subaru Viziv for example. However, there are some exceptions, you see, Mercedes Benz VGT DOES have an interior render...
D206354.jpg

...but ultimately it didn't make the cut into the game.
What i'm saying is this is not entirely PD's fault for the most part, they're not lazy because they didn't include an interior for some VGT cars, they're just making a car model based on what the manufacturers gave them in order to include their cars in the game. But yeah, there are a few exceptions that make you wonder why they didn't bother to include an interior view.

The first VGT's were conceived at least 10 years ago for a game that still had assets from 2004 in it. The requirement for an interior may simply not have been in the brief at the time. There's not really an excuse for VGT's created for the PS4 era onwards though. Adding them retrospectively would likely be more hassle than it's worth if the car manufacturers have to get involved... the cars that some manufacturers presented as 'for the future' are now past models... the MINI and BMW for example... much as I'd like them to add an interior, there's just no point for them.

Damn.. I loved that need for speed on the 3do, far better than any other port on other machines, the psx version was absolute trash, no simulationnfeel at all, if I remember correctly Sony felt people who play on their consoles didn’t like realistic games they wanted arcade fun games, maybe they should have asked others or had the two different game types 🤷

they have their reasons why they have provided incomplete cars… but for the mini they could have just given it the cooper s interior from the one already in the game 🤷

Honestly if these legacy VGTs cannot be modelled completely to the same level of quality as the rest of the cars in 2023 for whatever reason, then perhaps it's time to retire or replace them.

Last edited:
PD is just lazy, some VGTs don't indeed have a cockpit view. Another one for example is the Citroën GT.
PD? Maybe the VGTs were designed without cockpits. In that case, what's PD going to do? That's the manufacturer's fault

PD? Maybe the VGTs were designed without cockpits. In that case, what's PD going to do? That's the manufacturer's fault
The Italdesign VGT added last patch is designed as such (alongside PSVR2 mind you):

1680156230303.png

So, where is that in the game?

Last edited:
People, just to be clear:

All these cars were sketched and designed by their own manufacturer, e.g. MINI. However, some of them weren't meant to have an interior, i've never seen an interior sketch of the MINI Cooper VGT, nor the Subaru Viziv for example. However, there are some exceptions, you see, Mercedes Benz VGT DOES have an interior render...
Actually, Subaru has an unfinish interior:
FscpHw5WcAEgXZM

Credits to @emula

Last edited:
Don't PD have any say on the quality of car they put into GT7? All they have to do is to say that a cockpit view is required, without it, it doesn’t get added. Personally I don’t care about VGT cars, I only bought one previously to complete a cafe menu, and then yesterday decided that as I bought a real mini exactly 50 years ago, I would celebrate with buying a Mini Clubman VGT - rather disappointing! 😂😂

Don't PD have any say on the quality of car they put into GT7? All they have to do is to say that a cockpit view is required, without it, it doesn’t get added. Personally I don’t care about VGT cars, I only bought one previously to complete a cafe menu, and then yesterday decided that as I bought a real mini exactly 50 years ago, I would celebrate with buying a Mini Clubman VGT - rather disappointing! 😂😂
Same as.. I brought it for the cafe challenge and because I like the mini I brought it, then discovered the issue so stuck another million on the Ferrari 😂

Last edited:
Back