No Data Transfer From 5 to 6 Thanks to Hacking

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 235 comments
GT6 - Genre: Online Car Life Simulator

Not just driving anymore, eh. Looks like grinding, collecting money, buying and selling cars will stay, like it or not, it's the way GT has been since the 1st one, and PD is making a game based on Kaz's vision, not ours. And millions of people follows :D

http://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/products/gt6/http://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/products/gt6/

Collecting money, certainly. Buying and selling cars, it would be hard to see them do without.

Why does grinding need to be in there, exactly?

Very few game designers actually want grinding in their games. It's simply and efficient way of stretching gameplay when creating that amount of unique content would be too arduous.

Grinding is a byproduct of having not enough content to continue progressing without repeating already completed content, or some races having a wildly higher reward per time spent. Neither of which are necessary for a game like GT, and if you asked Kaz outright I think it's fair money that he'd like to see a game where you're not required to repeat races to complete it.

I mean, give any sensible person the choice of a hundred unique races or twenty unique races that you repeat five times each, and the answer should be the former. The only thing that gets in the way is the economics of game development. Not some vision that this is the best way to design a game.

Cross our fingers that GT6 will have the amount and type of events that GT4 had. Let's hope Kaz knows that a lot of us want manufacturer/model specific races back.

Cross our fingers that GT6 will have the amount and type of events that GT4 had. Let's hope Kaz knows that a lot of us want manufacturer/model specific races back.

I'm not hoping for anything. I'm expecting. There is literally no excuse to not give us a career mode the size of GT4's or bigger. GT6 has an unprecedented amount of cars and a wide variety of tracks. PD can come up with so much. I'm not excusing a bad single player again.

I'm not hoping for anything. I'm expecting. There is literally no excuse to not give us a career mode the size of GT4's or bigger. GT6 has an unprecedented amount of cars and a wide variety of tracks. PD can come up with so much. I'm not excusing a bad single player again.
Tomayto/Tomahto, for crying out loud. And it was in agreement to what Imari said about grinding. If we have to grind, GT6 won't be like GT4 in the events category. I can say more about it, but it's grinding. Very.

Collecting money, certainly. Buying and selling cars, it would be hard to see them do without.

Why does grinding need to be in there, exactly?

Very few game designers actually want grinding in their games. It's simply and efficient way of stretching gameplay when creating that amount of unique content would be too arduous.

Grinding is a byproduct of having not enough content to continue progressing without repeating already completed content, or some races having a wildly higher reward per time spent. Neither of which are necessary for a game like GT, and if you asked Kaz outright I think it's fair money that he'd like to see a game where you're not required to repeat races to complete it.

I mean, give any sensible person the choice of a hundred unique races or twenty unique races that you repeat five times each, and the answer should be the former. The only thing that gets in the way is the economics of game development. Not some vision that this is the best way to design a game.

Yeah, I understand your point, I don't know why, but Japanese games tend to have grinding as part of key gameplay, maybe it's their gaming culture.

Tomayto/Tomahto, for crying out loud.

Similar in meaning, but there is a difference between hoping and expecting.

And it was in agreement to what Imari said about grinding. If we have to grind, GT6 won't be like GT4 in the events category. I can say more about it, but it's grinding. Very.

Yes, I know you were agreeing. I was just pointing out why there is absolutely no reason to have a career mode less than GT4's.

Johnny really?
So if some kid in his Mom's basement ripped off your bank for $20 Mill, the words, "what is wrong with my banks' online security procedures?" would never come out of your mouth right? Wrong. They obviously tried to patch it, and the patch took away the best of hybriding and left in the worst. We can blame hybriders for that right? A simple patch allowing us to filter HP/PP/Weight simultaneously and adding it to TT's would fix all the cheating going on...but I guess it's the hybriders fault that didn't get done too right? What colour is the sky in your world?...lol

If I got ripped of by some kid, the bank would give me my money back,(insurance)and when he was caught he would go to jail,kinda like banning an account.
The best of hybriding?The worst of hybriding? Isn't hybriding,hybriding? So PD should change their PP,HP,whatever so you or other hybriders can race a fictional car that does not exist,kinda like the Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus.Sorry kid's.Why is it PD's fault that you and other hybriders (good or bad, which is what hybridding has created, like it or not and you admit hybridders cheat) don't play within the parameters of their game.Sometimes the sky is blue, sometimes it's grey,but every day it's still the sky and you can't change that.

Honestly I'm glad that there's no Garage Transfer, from GT5 to GT6. I don't know why people are complaing like there kids.... Grow up please.. All the news PD are giving us is turning Negative and you don't like the news then Don't play upcoming Games by PD. Everyone assuming GT6 is going to be like GT5.5 like everyone assuming BF4 is BF3.5... You haven't played the full version yet so why are you guys assuming and acting like it will ruin the series?

I wouldn't necessarily state that I am happy about the lack of garage transfer, but it doesn't bother me one bit. Personally speaking, I want to start from scratch.

As far as the assuming goes, it's GTPlanet... you have been here for two years so you should expect that!

Once again, you missed the point. Hacking exists in the game and PD has not fixed it. Their latest patch left out all the good hybrids and left in the worst of them. So the online game is now a mess thanks to a poorly designed patch by PD. I and others are calling for a very simple solution to be implemented that will bring fairness back to online racing and you are whining on about terms of service which is irrelevant to the reality that PD has allowed the hacking to continue unabated.

Let's parallel your reasoning here. Someone drives a car into a lamppost, that the driver should have known is there and avoided, the DOT must change the location of said lamppost for the future. We know that software can be hacked, it's always possible- the difficulty changes based on security. If person A hacks the software, the software must be changed? How about the person just avoid the freakin' lamppost and drive on the road?!

The people who are saying they're glad that garage transfer isn't coming sound incredibly selfish to me. If it was there you could just... not do it and let people who want to actually play the game, without the pointless grinding, transfer their garage.

Not being able to transfer my game data doesn't bother me. I personally see this as a good thing. I like to work my way from beginning to end and having everything unlocked from the very start would make this process very pointless and, in my opinion, boring.

I get that some people don't enjoy the GT Mode in the slightest, I get that you'd rather have everything accessible from the very start so you can pick and choose what cars you want to drive and you can pick and choose what races you would like to enter, but that's not how everyone thinks and it obviously can't work both ways. Having a game that is long and to complete it takes a great amount of time is appealing to me, so not having the data transfer as an option doesn't bother me.

You might say, even if the option is there, you don't have to use it? That's true, but a game on this scale won't be released with such an option. It would be ridiculous to even assume it could possibly happen. The people who make this would want it to be an equal playing field for everyone, from the very beginning.

Besides, it's not as if you even need to grind on GT anymore. I haven't needed to do that since GT3.

Does anyone expect to be at the same prestige level in Call Of Duty when the next game comes out? Nope, no one does.

Has any GT game looked at a previous iteration game save and rewarded you for it? Not that I recall? Maybe GTPSP? *shrug* Certainly not full version to full version.

Was anyone really hoping that they wouldn't have to re-buy all their favorite cars again for GT6? Even if hacking didn't take place, I wouldn't expect any data to transfer to GT6.

I know not everyone has a lot of time to play games and exporting cars would save time, but it would also ruin part of what career mode has going for it; cars are rewards for our hard work along the way. Kind of like leveling up for CoD or your favorite RPG.

I hope they never let us transfer data, I love the clean slate that comes with each new game.

Jerome

Prestiging is stupid IMO, it's also not even a word as far as I'm aware. It's just a dumb mechanic to encourage players to extend the lifecycle of a repetitive gamemode in a repetitive manner, just another form of grinding. I feel the same about the career mode in GT5 to some extent, the difference is you I need to do that grinding in order to have fun in the gameplay aspect I like the most, online racing.

I'm essentially forced to grind for cash in every iteration of the game to race the cars and upgrades I like in the next title for the game mode I like. Any opportunity I can get to limit the grind towards my enjoyment is welcome. I realize not everybody wants to play the game like me, and some enjoy the car collecting, but I'm not one of those people anymore, it was fun the first four times, but now it's starting to wear thin.

I don't think wanting the ability to bypass this is not an unfair request at this stage in this genre of game, especially when it could be something you could either opt in/out of when starting the game for the first time.

I hate RPGs, but I love racing sims. It's a shame that this game still forces you to play the RPG in it when all you want to do is race your favourite cars online competitively.

I hate to say it, but maybe EA were onto something with the Battlefield 3 Kit Shortcuts DLC, way too pricey but the right idea. Looks like PD were in the same sort of mindset too, even if this excuse for not adding a similar feature does seem like a cop out to me.

That's true, but a game on this scale won't be released with such an option. It would be ridiculous to even assume it could possibly happen. The people who make this would want it to be an equal playing field for everyone, from the very beginning.

Why is it ridiculous to assume? Apparently, it was going to happen if it weren't for the hackers. Did you read the OP?

Why is it ridiculous to assume? Apparently, it was going to happen if it weren't for the hackers. Did you read the OP?

So even though a couple of simple sensible solutions have been presented as a way around transferring data from one game to another without actually physically copying the data, you still believe this? You're telling me the $$$MegaBillion corporation was foiled by some dude in his Mom's basement? Really?

So even though a couple of simple sensible solutions have been presented as a way around transferring data from one game to another without actually physically copying the data, you still believe this? You're telling me the $$$MegaBillion corporation was foiled by some dude in his Mom's basement? Really?

Whoa. :lol:

I'm not blaming the hackers. I'm just going by what Kaz said.

it obviously can't work both ways.
Import? Yes/No
You might say, even if the option is there, you don't have to use it? That's true, but a game on this scale won't be released with such an option. It would be ridiculous to even assume it could possibly happen. The people who make this would want it to be an equal playing field for everyone, from the very beginning.
The first half of this has no justification.

Equal footing? Everyone can have all the cars from the beginning. Perfect fairness instead of people playing for a month being bounds beyond new players.

Well. Idea here. Probably not going happen though, BUT... Since we are not able to transfer our cars from 5 to 6, maybe 6 will be able to recognize what cars we did have from GT5 and make them cheaper or free possibly.

Well. Idea here. Probably not going happen though, BUT... Since we are not able to transfer our cars from 5 to 6, maybe 6 will be able to recognize what cars we did have from GT5 and make them cheaper or free possibly.
Depends on how easy the money flows this time around.

Suggesting that "both ways can't exist" is ludicrous. Opt out or opt in. Done! I would rather skip the RPG part and get to online racing. Looks like I will be preordering from gamestop so I can get 25 cars off the bat to not have to screw with GT mode as much.

Depends on how easy the money flows this time around.

Well considering that experience points and level ranking wont be in effect anymore, I'm guessing that the amount of money will be reduced by about 10-20% maybe. But at least we won't have to wait till we're like level 30 to get a certain car when we have enough money for it already. It'll be interesting what happens.

Those were the days.
Approaching days 694 (when the Black cars appear) I started grinding for that Toyota SUV rally car in GT4. Managed to scrap up enough to buy the 787B and the R92CP, didn't get the cash to buy the Toyota and the R89C :(

Approaching days 694 (when the Black cars appear) I started grinding for that Toyota SUV rally car in GT4. Managed to scrap up enough to buy the 787B and the R92CP, didn't get the cash to buy the Toyota and the R89C :(

Honestly..... :coughs: 787B performs better than Toyota I think :coughs:

Edit: Just notice that we're getting off-topic... AGAIN!

Back