No Data Transfer From 5 to 6 Thanks to Hacking

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 235 comments
A while back, GTPlanet had a reputation system. You got a reputation-giving ability based on your activity and reputation points, and you got more reputation points by being more active and getting repped by people.

After a while it became apparent that a few members colluded to artificially enhance their reputation and reputation-giving ability, by repping each other incessantly - and to artificially deflate other users' reputation and reputation-giving ability, by "negrepping" them. We put in some limits - restrictions if you like - to prevent this kind of abuse, but it didn't stem the tide. We eventually removed the system.

Should we have just given in and let these people have what they wanted so they wouldn't resort to "hacks" to get round the site's restrictions? Were the individuals who colluded to break the system not at fault for the system becoming broken and ultimately removed?

What about when we remove members from the community? Are we to blame for their behaviour in abusing the site because our rules are restrictive? Are we to blame for them coming back and abusing the site more? Are we to blame for every half-arsed DDoS attempt they make?
... until it interferes with other users' experiences.

There's a reason why people get console bans for cheating, griefing and boorishness online - it affects other users' experiences. I don't play MW2 any more because it's full of cheats and griefers - and kids who scream about 🤬 your :censored:ing 🤬 you 🤬 (amazing how many of them have had sex with a 15 year old pile of cat litter). I haven't played GT5 online in a public lobby... ever, because of griefers and, latterly, cheats - there's no way to know if you've lost because someone's better or because they're cheating.

Games are entertainment. When your experience depends on the behaviour of others and you can't trust them to simply behave, there is no entertainment.

We, the GT community, have abused the game - and some of us have sought to justify it by blaming the game for being restrictive. It's our fault for doing so and the response from Polyphony has been to restrict it even further. Will we abuse the next game in the same manner for being even more restrictive?
tumblr_inline_mfd3t0Vl061qiv5yk.gif

Even if we could transfer our cars from GT5 to GT6, it's not something that I would do. I just can't see the point in buying a new game only to start it off with my 1400+ GT5 cars already, just what target would I have to aim for? I already own virtually every single car in the game other than the small new bunch that GT6 will ship with.

I thought the whole idea was to always start from the bottom and work your way to the top, we did this from GT1 to GT2 to GT3 to GT4 to GT5. Starting a new game with almost everything available already seems like a cheat or "hack" in itself.

Maybe they can do it like Pokemon and be available later in the game (like getting past the GT ALL-STARS).

Even if we could transfer our cars from GT5 to GT6, it's not something that I would do. I just can't see the point in buying a new game only to start it off with my 1400+ GT5 cars already, just what target would I have to aim for? I already own virtually every single car in the game other than the small new bunch that GT6 will ship with.

For some people, GT is the car equivalent of Pokemon. Start with one car, and build a massive garage.

For others, the car collection part is tedium and they would like to spend that time working on beating races. Transferring cars already owned enables that.

I don't see how either method of play is wrong. You use the game to do what you enjoy. This is why things like GTA V are so popular, there's the "main game" of following the story if you enjoy that, or if there are other things you would prefer to do you can without penalty or difficulty.

While I don't think it's necessary to design a game to allow as many different things as possible, I do think it's slightly foolish to remove things that enable other playstyles simply because they're not the "main game".

Problem is in Pokemon, trading is the main way to get pokemon from other regions. And they limit this early in the game to stop you from getting really strong pokemon early on and from getting pokemon outside of the regional dex before you obtain the national Pokedex.

Every GT5 car is available in GT6. The only barrier between you and them is money. By the time your late into the game, you should have lots of money at hand and therefore you're able to buy these cars. Plus, if money flows like in GT5, you won't need to transfer them over in the first place.

When people put it like tat and yeah, sort of agree but it should be available after a certain point (like completing an important championship).

What they should do instead is reward you for having played GT5. Say a special machine, a little more money to start off with, maybe a special livery if the livery editor goes. Remember that events may now be PP limited, meaning that you can't bring a spaceship to the Sunday Cup anymore.

Like in Forza 4.

Now I'm in the middle of the fance, I see where people are going with starting all over again but I also want to see my cool GT5 cars.

Can't help you there anymore Resh.

I'm pretty sure P.D will have something special for all of us GT5 players ;)

What they should do instead is reward you for having played GT5. Say a special machine, a little more money to start off with, maybe a special livery if the livery editor goes. Remember that events may now be PP limited, meaning that you can't bring a spaceship to the Sunday Cup anymore.

Like in Forza 4.

Now I'm in the middle of the fance, I see where people are going with starting all over again but I also want to see my cool GT5 cars.

Well, if PD is limiting PP limit like they did in GT2, then why is PD not allowing us to transfer cars? Just don't make sense.

Well if you look at GF they have a system that only allows non-hacked Pokemon to be transfered. Why can't PD do the same.

...and I think people are forgetting you could transfer up to 100,000 credits from GT3 and licenses from GT4P to GT4.

Well if you look at GF they have a system that only allows non-hacked Pokemon to be transfered. Why can't PD do the same.

...and I think people are forgetting you could transfer up to 100,000 credits from GT3 and licenses from GT4P to GT4.
I perfectly know about the GT3/GT4 credit transfer, you still couldn't transfer cars.

Also, I'm pretty sure developers handle data differently, Game Freak handles Pokemon data differently from the way PD handles their car data.

I would of prefered it if they said "because we want to let our players start over again", that would be fine.

...but this reason seems like they didn't even try to get around the hacked car transfering.

I would of prefered it if they said "because we want to let our players start over again", that would be fine.

...but this reason seems like they didn't even try to get around the hacked car transfering.
That sounds like an even lazier answer.

You bought stuff for GT5, so use it for GT5. No-one has taken that away. The people that bought a Fanatec CSR Elite for Forza are going to be really disappointed if they can't use it for Forza 5. But equally, they can still use it for what it was purchased (and advertised) for.

Like Johnnypenso said, the hacking is the scapegoat, and their way of selling you the bad news.

Wow, cry harder?

Why the hell would you want to transfer your cars over? IT'S A DIFFERENT GAME.

Some people have failed logic...

I don't remember a time during the GT series where you've been able to transfer cars to the next game. GT5 only allowed GTPSP transfers and only for Arcade mode.

Latest Posts

Back