No endurance races then??

  • Thread starter Thread starter RossStevens1
  • 42 comments
  • 2,964 views
Messages
7
United Kingdom
U.K
Messages
RossStevens1
Hi there new to the forum. Had a search about on here about the lack of endurance races but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know if it's something they are adding on an update or not bothering anymore.

Many thanks

Ross
 
We can only hope. You can do it in arcade but it isn't even near to being a great driving experience (can't use tyre/fuel depletion, max 12 cars per grid, etc.).
 
You have now the legendary 24 Minutes of Le Mans :lol::lol::lol: Kaz said that he was making gt6 more "friendly" for the people that was playing a GT game for the first time, I think that's why they are gone now.....
 
@Rikardo: And when you say "friendly" of course you mean "not requiring an attention span"? :lol:

We are all hoping for the return of endurance races but that is all it is for now, a hope. As far as I am concerned Gran Turismo is not Gran Turismo without Endurance races! They may be a PITA to complete and can be mind-numbingly tedious but still....I had GT5 for a year before GT6 came out and I had completed all the enduros bar the 2 24 hour ones (which I would have done eventually if GT6 hadn't come out and will go back and do at some point)
 
why 24 minutes? i mean it isn't that creative and since they have le mans i play both 24 hour races on gt4 and gt5. @nursemorph lets yust hope for an update 1.3 wich has endurance races, all of them including the smaller one's like the 200 miles of laguna seca.
 
Maybe they should ad time races to online, so you can race an online 6 hour race or something, that would be fun
 
Oh joy! So we have to wait and see if it's in an update. If they don't I will be hugely disappointed
 
There's quite a few Endurance series going Online at the moment; join one! They are way more interesting to do with real life opponents :)
 
The fact there are no endurance races is a game breaker for me. I was really looking forward to GT6 and haven't even opened the game after getting it for xmas. I might as well return the game and get something else.

I don't know why there can't just be a slider to adjust the length of the races so you can make them as long as you want, and the game adjusts the rewards accordingly. That way everybody is happy and the game is "accessible." I think this is a step backwards for the series and a slap in the face from PD to true GT fans.

Oh well, I guess I will just look forward to PCars coming out.
 
In GT5 I spent almost 2 hours setting up the car (and myself) for the 24 hours race... Now you just go around La Sarthe for 24 min and you don't even feel a little tired, that's not endurance...... ooohh the good old times.......
 
Agreed. Even if they compressed it into 2 hours, it would be better than 24 minutes!
I don't see the point in having tracks like La Sarthe, Spa, Nurburgring, Bathurst etc... when you can't race the kind of races those tracks are known for. I would settle for at least a two hour timed race.
 
The 24h race on the Nordschleife is terrible, lap 1 on inters, lap 2 on heavy-wets and lap 3 on racing tires and because the AI doesn't change the tires after lap two the race is way to easy to win because they drive as slow as a Beetle or a 2CV around the corners... made +25 seconds into -20 seconds 👎
 
I hope they add some with the B-spec update.
 
been reading on some other forums and lots of people speculating about it being in an update with the b spec mode, as you say, fingers crossed!!!!!
 
I think they will eventually add some endurance type events to the "Special Events" or "Class" sections on the main menu. They already have the RedBull class of events but they can eventually add other stuff like NASCAR or F1 class with longer races and tighter rules.

Im guessing that they will do that when Bspec comes out. I cant wait because I always use Bspec to farm credits while I go to work LOL!
 
they should install them but not have them as part of the main career mode
 
The 24h race on the Nordschleife is terrible, lap 1 on inters, lap 2 on heavy-wets and lap 3 on racing tires and because the AI doesn't change the tires after lap two the race is way to easy to win because they drive as slow as a Beetle or a 2CV around the corners... made +25 seconds into -20 seconds 👎

You don't even need to change tyre... can do the whole race on hard tyres even in a downpour and still fly round faster than the AI
 
I think the Petit LeMans races would be very worthwhile. I would never do a 24 hour race in GT5 or 6 if they were added. But the shorter ones I would. The only thing that might make a longer race doable is the ability to postpone the race. That was added to GT5, but to have to come back and complete the race before doing any other racing is out of the question for me. I don't have the patience or the desire for it. I can see it being an option though for those that do like the challenges.

It would be nice to have them added and the ability to save the race and come back to it any time, still being able to do other races before coming back to it though.
 
I think the Petit LeMans races would be very worthwhile. I would never do a 24 hour race in GT5 or 6 if they were added. But the shorter ones I would. The only thing that might make a longer race doable is the ability to postpone the race. That was added to GT5, but to have to come back and complete the race before doing any other racing is out of the question for me. I don't have the patience or the desire for it. I can see it being an option though for those that do like the challenges.

It would be nice to have them added and the ability to save the race and come back to it any time, still being able to do other races before coming back to it though.


Agreed. Maybe lock the car that is being used in the Race that is suspended.

A full 24 hour race would take me a month to complete with the amount of spare time i have.
 
Agreed. Maybe lock the car that is being used in the Race that is suspended.

A full 24 hour race would take me a month to complete with the amount of spare time i have.

Then just don't race it.

A very simple solution to all this would be giving the player options: "Ok, do you wanna race Le Mans through out 24 hours in 24 minutes (or 2.4 hours)? Ok, take this GT-R as a prize and x amount of credits by winning it. Oh, do you wanna race the event on full 24 hours? Do it and then take this Ferrari 250 GTO and 50x amount of credits".

Everybody would be happy.

What makes me sad is realizing that the enduros may have being dropped for the sake of the casuals. But by doing so, without any explanation, PD is simply alienating an audience who played the **** of all games in the past 15 years. It's like they gave us a very cool feature in the previous games and simply put it away, just to sell more and became more user-friendly (which is good, as long you don't mess up with the legacy of the series).

In the end of the day, it's just PD being PD. And because of that, I think that proper endurances are gone for good.
 
Last edited:
You don't even need to change tyre... can do the whole race on hard tyres even in a downpour and still fly round faster than the AI
the 787b is terrible on heavy wets, PD really f'ckd them up imo, you have wheelspin all the time...
 
I thought i read somewhere that pd was going back to gt4 style b spec. Where you had bob take over for a while and then go back racing when your rested
 
Before enduro's can be added they must first fix the car rigidity problem.
 
the 787b is terrible on heavy wets, PD really f'ckd them up imo, you have wheelspin all the time...
The wet tyres are crap even in full wet conditions the inters are the best
 
Last edited:
I must say, I love the 20 minute races as they are now. Never a fan of boring, long, pointless races from old series :D
 
Back