No endurance races then??

  • Thread starter Thread starter RossStevens1
  • 42 comments
  • 2,964 views
I've been playing since gt1, what I hated was some of the boring enduros in gt4, I did finish all the 24h races but , christ sometimes you had to race on tracks you don't even like at all forever , plus the lousy AI wouldn't make it any better
 
I don't think they'll add real endurance races in GT6, because the "mini-endurances" already simulate the day-night-day transition. So, in a sense, adding real Endurances is saying that those other events "never existed" ? I don't know, I don't understand Kaz, I think that's what he would be thinking, and why he won't add real-time endurances.

The only two ways he could add them to GT6, I think, would be:
1- Adding an "E class", just under or above the "RedBullRacing X-Challenge". (but then again, it falls into the "mini-endurances" never existed *time paradox*" lol). The money prizes should be increased according to the time selected.
2- Add a slider to the current existing events, so we can select 12, 24, 60, 120 minutes, or 12 and 24 hours.

Personally, I'd prefer the latter to happen. An "E" class would just repeat the same events from "S" in a new page. The latter option would be somewhat of a game breaker though, as the events have already been gold'ed, and thus, we basically have no reason to go back.
 
It might be added in a future update, most likely with B-Spec. You never know.
 
I don't do the endurance races anyway, so if they don't get included I won't care. I like the 24 minute/10 lap races much better.
 
I must say, I love the 20 minute races as they are now. Never a fan of boring, long, pointless races from old series :D

Fair point but the 24 minute races have exactly the same weather patterns EVERY time! Once you have won them once you know exactly how to do it forever. I love the long enduro's because you never quite knew what the weather was going to do, each race was different :)
 
Fair point but the 24 minute races have exactly the same weather patterns EVERY time! Once you have won them once you know exactly how to do it forever. I love the long enduro's because you never quite knew what the weather was going to do, each race was different :)

I'll give you that and sad for all the people who like doing the enduros, for my part, I physically don't have the time for them (family and kids) and I always found unfair, not being able to complete the game 100% because of them, so I'm happy now :D
 
Bring the Endurances back! This events are so typical in Gran Turismo series! Why don't we have it in GT6? It´s not fair!
 
It's a shame but GT6's lack of enduros has turned me right off the game. I am a total enduro nut and instead of spending hours faffing about I loved doing the big races that were challenging under the correct regulations.

I especially miss the 24 hour ones. :(
 
I never have time to do them, I'm not a racer in real life, (never could afford it) and don't have any real life friends who play Gran Turismo, so there's no real impetus for me to pursue them. I don't care much about "completing the game" or "platting", BUT... I do think they ought to be included. Many seem to enjoy them. Maybe as optional content, instead of mandatory for completion, as was the case in GT5...
 
I miss the endurance races and think they should have been included, and also believe the 24 minute races should have been with random weather like the 24h races in GT5. It's been a couple of weeks since I did them but don't remember racing in clear dry conditions at night so never got to see these accurate star formations in the sky.

Having said that I think its no bad thing having them added at a later date, I've plenty of cars still to try out in meantime and it means people with less spare time than me can still get the platinum trophy.
 
They should at least bring back the high lap count races... I miss the 200 miles of laguna seca.
 
Apologies for the thread bump, but I really can't believe enduros are out. What the hell is the obsession with making games 'accessible' for new fans by screwing over long-time fans? Seems like patronising 'oh we know they'll buy the game anyway so let's go after the fickle new fans'.

Either way, really hope enduros are back, as special events that perhaps don't count towards 100% game completion. Points have been made in this thread that not everyone can or has the motivation to do the enduros, which is understandable. I however think why put the long-distance major tracks and sportscars in the game if they aren't gonna be allowed to stretch their legs - 24 minutes is less than a BTCC race FFS! Blancpain Endurance is 3 hour races, in the Sprint Series it's 1 hour per race, Super GT has long races as does WEC obviously and TUSCC, so why put those kind of sportscar/GT races in the game if they won't drive for more than the length of time it takes to eat a pizza?
 
Back