No GT6 till 2015?

• Thread starter monildan
  • 189 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wont get my hopes up for those types o graphics in GT6 simply so that I wont be setting myself up for disapointment. Nobody knows how powerful the PS4 will be yet. After all we were promised 1080 60FPS in every PS3 game and that promise was not kept. If we get GT5 graphics with 1080P 60FPS and proper AA in GT6 it will be good enough for me. Also you have to remember that it will take time for PD to get to grips of programming for the new hardware. They wont magically know how to get the best out of the PS4 the minute they get it in their hands.

^ So that's why they shouldn't wait 2015 to sell another GT game if they can't have a technologically advanced product compared to their competitors.

2015 is way too soon IMHO.
Add about another 3/4 years onto that.
And I can't even tell you stop being sarcastic because you could be right lol.

It's a fact, that the technology is always envolving and getting more and more complicated, which requires more time in developping a product. Let's go back to the past in the 90's to see what has happened until now.

We were probably struggling with a Pentium II or a Pentium III processor. Our computers were slow and had only a single processor and less than 256MB RAM. But the game developpers were already 5+ years ahead, movie-industry even 10+ years. After Sony released the PS1, we were probably stunning about the 3D-technology. But for the game developpers, the limitations of a PS1 were clear. The graphics were very limited, so the developpers spent ca. 30% for graphics in the developping time. After the graphics were finished, there was a a plenty time left for the real important thing: The Gameplay. The games were released pretty quickly. GT1 came out in 1997, the next Volume followed 2 years later with a huge amount of new cars, tracks and events and a few updates on the graphics. When I was young, I always have enjoyed playing games like Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon besides Gran Turismo.

The GT releases

Now back to the present. Guess how it would look now? While creating a background in the 90's was a piece of chocolate, it takes now very long time and is still not good enough. You might not agree with me 100%, but the fact is, that the people were very often screaming for better graphics. Bringing better graphics is good, but do you really want to see every little detail, even it's totally unimportant for the gameplay? The developpers were "forced" to bring us better graphics which was taking more time in developping.... a bit too long time... And this (sorry in advance:nervous:) happened in GT5. PD has spent too much time on modeling cars, disappointed us every time with their delays, that they were - let's say - forced to release it as soon as possible, regardless it is finished or not. So what did we get in the end? A game which has very good graphics, but a limited gameplay. And that's not what we wanted after waiting 5 years of developping.

My appeal to PD would be to concetrate less on graphics and focus more on gameplay. DLCs are okay, but they would never make a game 100% finished. So a GT6 on PS3 would be welcome to me, because they have the chance now to prove us what they are capable of. The risk for bringing GT6 on PS4 is, that we could experience the same fate as with the release of GT5.

Last edited:
^ So that's why they shouldn't wait 2015 to sell another GT game if they can't have a technologically advanced product compared to their competitors..

Honestly some people on this forum are wrapped up in their own little reality that they fail to see the real world. Nowhere did I say in my post that they should'nt release another GT before 2015.

My appeal to PD would be to concetrate less on graphics and focus more on gameplay.
Have you not seen the uproar when GT5 was released with mostly standard cars? Did you not see how many people complained about 2D trees? So many people care more about graphics than anything else. Dont get me wrong. I dont mind those small things but if they ignore the graphics we will have all that complaining about graphics all over again.

Have you not seen the uproar when GT5 was released with mostly standard cars? Did you not see how many people complained about 2D trees? So many people care more about graphics than anything else. Dont get me wrong. I dont mind those small things but if they ignore the graphics we will have all that complaining about graphics all over again.

I understand what you mean, of course there are things that need to be fixed. Even I don't take care much on small things such as 2D trees:lol:. My only wish is, that PD should shouldn't spend too much time on modeling new cars and should take care more to the gameplay. Complaints are something that we have to live with. A game will never be perfect.

You'd never guess why the people of my country complained about GT5 :lol: .

I remember someone saying something about current gen consoles being behind the times, and that's very true. If Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft all want to stay in the gaming industry they really have to crank up the specs of the consoles. Just go to your current electrical shop where they sell Laptops, PC's, Mobiles etc etc. They've all advanced so much particularly mobiles.

Take for instance Samsung's Galaxy S3. It'll be ARM-based, with a 1.8 Ghz Micro-CPU and 2 Gigs of RAM... 2 GIGS!!!!!! (That's exactly what my brother has in his laptop atm, and his isn't even a year old yet!).

HP and Apple are also advancing, as are Linux OS devs, like the devs at Ubuntu. They plan on releasing a Ubuntu mobile & Tablet in the next 2 years! Apple are selling LAPTOPS with a 8-core processor 2.5Ghz, and upto 8 gigs of DDR3 RAM and not only that, they've also switched to AMD processors (win) so they're also 2-3 times faster than previous models. The next gen consoles are going to have, to have at least 8Gb of RAM and a 8-core 3.5 Ghz CPU. Not to mention a whole new GPU. Take NVidia with their GTX-590. 600Mhz graphics clock, and 1224Mhz processor wise, with 3GB of GDDR5 RAM.

ARM is the way forward and it was Microsoft who delayed our knowledge of it, even though I've known about it since Acorn was first developed.. for those of you who have no idea what it is... just think back to when PC's were very slow... ARM PC's where pretty fast...

What I'm trying to say is, the manufacturers are going to have to think right outside the box and further beyond. If they don't they'll get left behind. I'd like to see PD break their 2 GT titles to a console trend, and release GT6 on the PS4. I think then, and only then will we begin to see Kaz's vision.

well one thing PD used to be very good at was squeezing every drop of performance from the previous playstations. If you look at GT4 compared to GT3 the difference was remarkable.

Then again I no longer have any faith in PD's abitlity to create decent AI or gameplay, in which case it doesn't really matter how good it looks.

BkS
I remember someone saying something about current gen consoles being behind the times, and that's very true. If Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft all want to stay in the gaming industry they really have to crank up the specs of the consoles. Just go to your current electrical shop where they sell Laptops, PC's, Mobiles etc etc. They've all advanced so much particularly mobiles.

Take for instance Samsung's Galaxy S3. It'll be ARM-based, with a 1.8 Ghz Micro-CPU and 2 Gigs of RAM... 2 GIGS!!!!!! (That's exactly what my brother has in his laptop atm, and his isn't even a year old yet!).

HP and Apple are also advancing, as are Linux OS devs, like the devs at Ubuntu. They plan on releasing a Ubuntu mobile & Tablet in the next 2 years! Apple are selling LAPTOPS with a 8-core processor 2.5Ghz, and upto 8 gigs of DDR3 RAM and not only that, they've also switched to AMD processors (win) so they're also 2-3 times faster than previous models. The next gen consoles are going to have, to have at least 8Gb of RAM and a 8-core 3.5 Ghz CPU. Not to mention a whole new GPU. Take NVidia with their GTX-590. 600Mhz graphics clock, and 1224Mhz processor wise, with 3GB of GDDR5 RAM.

ARM is the way forward and it was Microsoft who delayed our knowledge of it, even though I've known about it since Acorn was first developed.. for those of you who have no idea what it is... just think back to when PC's were very slow... ARM PC's where pretty fast...

What I'm trying to say is, the manufacturers are going to have to think right outside the box and further beyond. If they don't they'll get left behind. I'd like to see PD break their 2 GT titles to a console trend, and release GT6 on the PS4. I think then, and only then will we begin to see Kaz's vision.

And after the consoles finally do all this, they will be close to equal with my current PC :lol: j/k but seriously if they don't up their game, the console market is going to continue shrinking.

Griffith500
I anticipate GT6 sometime in 2013, i.e. up to about three years after GT5. I don't fully agree with this "no GT6 on PS3" idea, there's so much more that can be done still on PS3 that wasn't fully explored in GT5.

That is, unless Kaz has changed his mind about GT6 "not taking as long."

I agree, The PS3 still hasn't shown its full potential yet.
I think the biggest reason they haven't pushed it to it's limits is loading times. I'm sure the PS3 can handle much higher res graphics but the time to load the textures would drive people crazy.
Unless they can somehow have an incentive to get people to install SSD's in their PS3's. An SSD in a PS3 has been proven to cut loading times in half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back