No more rocking!

• Thread starter Rallywagon
  • 44 comments
Now I remember why I left the drift forums.....
You know Blunt, we haven't seen eye to eye on a couple of threads, but this one, I'm right there with you. Seem like a bunch of teeny boppers that think they know everything up in herehighjacking, fighting, and arguing the same stupid **** in every thread they see.
whoever moderates this section of the forum, A, you suck at executing your responsibilities. B, feel free to close this thread, nothing useful or beneficial happened.

You know Blunt, we haven't seen eye to eye on a couple of threads, but this one, I'm right there with you. Seem like a bunch of teeny boppers that think they know everything up in herehighjacking, fighting, and arguing the same stupid **** in every thread they see.
whoever moderates this section of the forum, A, you suck at executing your responsibilities. B, feel free to close this thread, nothing useful or beneficial happened.

Lol. I may be new here, but aiming shots at moderators probably isn't such a good idea. Previous run ins with moderators has taught me that. You sir, will unfortunately learn the hard way.

Drifting irl isn't hard, games like live for speed its easy to drift in because its realistic, wish i could say the same about GT6.

Exactly! The fundamental fact people don't get.

Maybe people understand this but also understand that they can't change the game so they have sucked it up and tried to learn how to drift on GT6 instead of b****ing everywhere 24/7.

Exactly! The fundamental fact people don't get.

I have average to decent car control in real life. But Gran Turismo 6 is so far off base with a couple of things that I lose the will to keep trying to get it under control.

I still struggle a LOT with the braking system in GT6. Without Abs, even the slightest nudge on the brakes sends the car off the track in a straight line with maximum understeer. Besides that, if you don't make the suspension quite stiff, the handling of 90% of the cars feels really bad.

So many people say GT6 is so much better, and so much more lifelike, but I wonder: What do you think, as an experienced real life drifter who's opinion I actually trust? ^^

I have average to decent car control in real life. But Gran Turismo 6 is so far off base with a couple of things that I lose the will to keep trying to get it under control.

I still struggle a LOT with the braking system in GT6. Without Abs, even the slightest nudge on the brakes sends the car off the track in a straight line with maximum understeer. Besides that, if you don't make the suspension quite stiff, the handling of 90% of the cars feels really bad.

So many people say GT6 is so much better, and so much more lifelike, but I wonder: What do you think, as an experienced real life drifter who's opinion I actually trust? ^^

I once pulled the handbrake of a Vw Golf around the corner, that classed as experience? xD On a serious note though, I've had some fun in my brothers MX5 when it rains and comparing it to GT6 it's nothing a like because firstly your not experiencing the G forces that you would in a real car and secondly, the clutch feature for the G27 is pretty dull in GT6 just like it was in GT5 so you don't have to be as careful with your throttle and such. As for general wheel movement, I'd say it is pretty close.

If this game supposedly has a better physics engine, I really hope that PD patches soon the G27 wheel to better simulate or convey what the car is doing.
Because I'm starting to lose hope.
Ds3 users seem to be adjusting better from what I hear.

If this game supposedly has a better physics engine, I really hope that PD patches soon the G27 wheel to better simulate or convey what the car is doing.

I'm actually improving visibly every day. Getting tandems done in a decent fashion too, now. (On some tracks, mostly flat ones :P)

Just keep practicing.

Since you can't seem to get a hang of drifting on GT6, I too use a G27, I would be more than happy to give you a tune for a 2007 Nissan Fairlady Z. If you refuse to accept or even consider my help then I suggest you stop complaining about the game.

Practice makes perfect:

Last edited:
attachment.php

They told me to stay away from the drifting forums. I didn't listen, guess I'll go now. Sorry for interrupting.

Word is going around that there is a glitch when upgrading rims.
I started the game with 17s on my 240, so I never had a chance at the stock rims.
Maybe that glitch is what's preventing proper feedback on the g27 wheel.

I've setup my game car realistically to my real car.
If I can drift properly in the real car, it should also translate to the game.
As I have seen in gt5.

Real Life trumps game.

Also, I don't plan on tweaking things in the game unrealistically just to get it to drift.

I COMPLETELY agree that practice makes perfect. I just don't want to unlearn real drifting by playing a game that doesn't portray it accurately.

If I see that this game cannot hold up to reality. I'll continue practicing on gt5.

Everybody here wants a realistic driving experience. I am one of 'em.

I want gt6 to be the best it can be.

Last edited:
Word is going around that there is a glitch when upgrading rims.
I started the game with 17s on my 240, so I never had a chance at the stock rims.
Maybe that glitch is what's preventing proper feedback on the g27 wheel.

I've setup my game car realistically to my real car.
If I can drift properly in the real car, it should also translate to the game.
As I have seen in gt5.

Real Life trumps game.

Also, I don't plan on tweaking things in the game unrealistically just to get it to drift.

I COMPLETELY agree that practice makes perfect. I just don't want to unlearn real drifting by playing a game that doesn't portray it accurately.

If I see that this game cannot hold up to reality. I'll continue practicing on gt5.

Everybody here wants a realistic driving experience. I am one of 'em.

I want gt6 to be the best it can be.
Fair enough. Only thing is, what makes you assume my tune is unrealistic in any way?

Maybe your real life tune only needs to be tweaked a tad. You never know. Pm me and we can discuss more if you would like!

Artica, as I've said COUNTLESS times, this game is orders of magnitude more realistic for drifting than GT5. May I suggest that even though you are drifting in real life, maybe your issues in GT6 have something to do with a small but crucial flaw in your technique. I'd be interested to see a video of your attempts to make an accurate judgement rather than just trading jibes. I am, after all, a drift instructor in real life.

Latest Posts

Back