No point A to B rally on course maker?

  • Thread starter Thread starter grafpt
  • 16 comments
  • 2,242 views
Messages
842
United States
San Francisco, CA
Messages
pixel_activist
I could have sworn this was confirmed but I don't see it on the course maker. Has anyone found that?
 
I swear that i read on here that all reference to it has been removed from the official website.
 
I swear that i read on here that all reference to it has been removed from the official website.


Oh, I didn't read that, thats a very big bummer for me :/
 
Quite gutted really... No 0-1000m, no 0-400m, no Test Course.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So there's no point to point rally? What about point to point on tarmac?
 
I've seen videos, what are you guys talking about, it's in!
 
Point to Point in the Course Maker. All point to points i've seen appear to be from arcade or life, not generated from the course maker. I haven't seen anything to suggest an option in course maker to make a point to point track.
 
Point to Point in the Course Maker. All point to points i've seen appear to be from arcade or life, not generated from the course maker. I haven't seen anything to suggest an option in course maker to make a point to point track.

There is some rather in depth video on the CM floating around and none of them mention a point to point option. I'd say it's a big NO at this point.:)
 
I've seen a video of it (I think from GameStop site). There was an option for point-to-point or circuit. In the final build, it seems to be missing or taken out I think.
 
If it was removed, Polyphony no doubt had a very good reason for doing so. After all, they capped the number of Premium cars at 200 because it would have taken too long to make all 1000 cars Premium ... and there wasn't enough space to do it, anway.
 
What exactly do you mean by "Point to point" Rally tracks? Do you mean just an open space with a basic path that you don't have to stick to, and you simply have to hit points on the open space? I really don't understand what people are talking about when they say point to point. Every Rally race I have seen has a track and fencing that the drivers need to stick to.
 
Point to Point is driving from one single point to another without going in a circle. Say you mapped out a path from your home to your grandmother's home, that is point to point. Instead of mapping out a path from your home around your neighborhood and right back to your home. That would then be a circuit.
 
Strange have just picked up my copy and will have to wat till after work to play it :indiff: . But was reading the booklet it says in course maker part of the booklet it reads "and if its going to be a circuit or a point to point track" ....
 
https://www.gtplanet.net/gamescom-gran-turismo-5-breakout-session-full-details/photo05a-1/

From way back in August. Hopefully it's something that will be made available in later patches, I'm really bummed about not having it to be honest.

Thank you for finding that pic! I knew I wasnt loosing my mind lol Im very bummed because I plan to host a full Rally championship using tye course editor. As someone mentioned before Im sure there wasa good reason why they took it out for the time being, Im sure it will be in one of the up coming updates.
 
Back