No point in online racing!

  • Thread starter Thread starter chrisr1984
  • 68 comments
  • 5,983 views
Messages
446
Messages
GTP_ChrisR1984
Does anyone think that the lack of points or money for winning spoils the online experience?

Nobody seems to race propperly online as there is nothing to race for. I think that an introduction of prize winnings would give people a reason to drive more carfully..

Plus it would make that grind a little less monotanous.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Put cash up and the idiots would be more idiotic in there devious ways of winning LOL But yeah it would be good if they could put some form of prize in there, it would be open to abuse though. maybe some online stats? Still parts of the game to be released via patch so fingers crossed
 
If you only gave money to the top 3, not alot, 10,000, 7500, 5000 for 1st 2nd and 3rd.

If they made it atleast 3 people on track to get cash would help with the people trying to abuse the system
 
Why to you write the first letter in red? but anyway, I'm not so sure about that. In prologue, i could usually only find 1-2 other people to race with, so even if someone just sat there, the would win 3rd prize money by default. Now I know there's more people in GT5, but what's to stop some friends having 2 people races and spamming for gold?
 
Now I know there's more people in GT5, but what's to stop some friends having 2 people races and spamming for gold?
prize money increases with the number of people in the room, then it really doesn't matter if two people drive around letting each other win or whatever, because they could have just joined a room with a bunch of people, got a midfield finish and got the same amount of money, with the bonus of it actually being fun. 👍

brought to you by Forza2
 
If there was a way of recording stats about contact with other racers, crashes etc, then it would make it easier to work out if people were going to race like morons. People who race like this could then be avoided, and give everyone a better experience. I don't think having money prizes would work otherwise, as it would make people try to win by foul means. I mean, if your doing a race in single player mode, if your losing at the halfway point then you how often do quit and restart? Its not worth taking the time if your not going to win anything (or complete some sort of objective, like completing the event). However if there is nothing to win, then then this isn't an issue and you can concentrate on enjoying the drive, and not necessarily having to win. If that makes sense?!?
 
its ok but i hate people who have faster cars and can't take it when getting beaten by something not as fast. I've only raced on the nurburgring in my 458 and someone in a very fast gtr just kept ramming me.:grumpy: when we got to the twisty part of the track i was gone:tup:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The penalty system online is always a pain.

I get pushed off the track by a Nascar in my Civic. 5 Second penalty!

I get hit in the back by a rival car. 10 Second Collison Penalty!

This is what annoys me, besides that I'm all up for credits online and also some type of ranking of what type of driver you are or some type of in-depth statistics anyone could look at. That said it still is fun to race online and beat people with a completely inferior car.
 
As it seems to be an rpg game maybe take some of the best elements of mmorpg's like an online daily race, win and you get a random prize car depending on the track your racing on for the 1st one and money for races here after. Choose random car/track option for extra goodies etc possibly some kind of special currency to buy special items from a special shop? these kind of tricks keep people playing mmorpg's because the special items are highly desirable in the game and only available after hard work online. And team racing with your friend/friends as a race team against computer cars and other player teams.

just a thought.
 
What ever happend to playing a game for fun??
 
Dunno the point of racing online is to have fun and win, in that order respectively, isn't it? Maybe make some friends along the way.

I mean tho some cash would be nice, and so what if people cheesed it by limiting a room to 3 people inviting their friends and farmed coin. Is it any more fun to take a severely overpowered car to the the high speed rings and ovals and racing it over and over and over and over by yourself for 30k 80k etc a pop. Would not see any harm in adding some cash incentive to the online.

Would not like to see random cars rewarded my garage if full of rewards cars from doing the single player stuff, but money can always be spent in gt considering some of the cars cost a truckload of cr.
 
I read on kotaku that kaz will be patching in exp and prize money , you just have to be patient it says
 
Agree, with the grind needed to get yourself a fleet of top cars, I'm not gonna do anything that doesn't earn me credits!
 
I read on kotaku that kaz will be patching in exp and prize money , you just have to be patient it says

Not to complain, but after 5 years we shouldn't have to wait for things such as mechanical damage, online leaderboards, and full online functionality to be patched in at a later date. Good to hear they are at least addressing the issues though. 👍 It will be great to have my endless hours of online time spent with some sort of reward.
 
most games dont have any "benefit" in playing online. just the fun and challange of playing against real players
 
I actually feel like there should be no cash prizes for online races. Too many spammers would just rack up money and buy cars they don't deserve. I figure this way, the expensive cars would be scarce just like it should be.

The online is great, if you don't find the competitive nature in racing other people online rewarding then maybe this game isn't for you. What I have been doing lately is adding people with mics that race clean to my friends list. Then I eventually create a lobby and we all have great online races. I think restricting the cash flow from online races is the best thing because it will keep players engaged in earning credits the hard way.
 
I actually feel like there should be no cash prizes for online races. Too many spammers would just rack up money and buy cars they don't deserve. I figure this way, the expensive cars would be scarce just like it should be.

The online is great, if you don't find the competitive nature in racing other people online rewarding then maybe this game isn't for you. What I have been doing lately is adding people with mics that race clean to my friends list. Then I eventually create a lobby and we all have great online races. I think restricting the cash flow from online races is the best thing because it will keep players engaged in earning credits the hard way.

x2 👍
 
The online is great, if you don't find the competitive nature in racing other people online rewarding then maybe this game isn't for you.

+1:tup:👍
 
I say we need XP and credits for online. Along with a wager system. Also it would be nice if there was a "matchmaking" like mode. Keep the lobby system, but add Matchmaking (keep track of records so people arent blowing eachother away all the time).

Also...would it be so hard to bring back the leaderboards we had in GT5P. I loved seeing where I was on a track specific to a car.
 
The penalty system online is always a pain.

I get pushed off the track by a Nascar in my Civic. 5 Second penalty!

I get hit in the back by a rival car. 10 Second Collison Penalty!

This is what annoys me, besides that I'm all up for credits online and also some type of ranking of what type of driver you are or some type of in-depth statistics anyone could look at.

This.........
 
online is mainly about bragging rights to me lol. and drifting with friends
 
I agree add events like races and time trials in Prologue whihc rotate. I know they are being considered. Hopefully the december update brings alot of goods. We know Polyphony will support the game well thanks to prologue :)
 
The online matches could be selected as Deposit Races, where each racer hands in a set amount, lets say 5k, and the top 3 splits the money deposited.

Could have regulations in horsepower etc, the host decides such.
 
I see no one here looked at the manual for this game. :lol:

Take a look at it. There will be a way to earn money online in a mode called Matchmaking. We just have to wait for it to show up in a future update.
 
They could just put a flat cash reward for online racing. 30k credits per race or something, but you have to complete it to get the cash. That way, maybe, fewer people (hosts!) will drop out halfway through a race. The incentive to win isn't then as ridiculous and maybe people will race a bit more sensibly. Fat chance, of course, but you never know...

Another thought - one make races, random car, random track. Winner gets to keep the car and add to his collection.
 
The entire point of online racing is to enjoy the greatest challenge and competition. It doesn't need anything except to be independent of GT mode (ie, no need to repair after online race, and no need to earn cars offline).

As long as the dreadful GT mode is in use though, credits and XP should be added to allow people to not play GT mode as much.
 
What ever happend to playing a game for fun??

+1...

Yeah, complaining days on GTP! Hopefully it'll end soon :)

Actually I only race/cruise with friends, slowly or fast, making drifts or donuts, making short drag races on straights, drifts on turns, or hotlapping for a good and old time attack.

And its... EPIC FUN. Taking pics and watching replays after its even better.

So, I don't bother... its just fun as it is already. Putting money will just attract a bunch of cheaters/idiots on the servers. Hopefully we can organize races only with the good guys. :)
 
I say it's best to add an XP system, that way you can have a match making system that takes the XP a racer has along with their record. That way you would have top drivers facing one another and not a dog show where the not so good drivers get trounced all day.

Net more cash when you race against tougher competition, the more high XP players in a room, the higher the overall winnings. This would definitely encourage great racing, especially if you have a vote at the end before the credits are transferred to remove the idiot racer who cheats to win or drives unfairly. Is there replay save feature, this can be used to review races in case we need to report morons.

There should definitely be a stunt course, I mean we have these wonderful physics might as well see it in action doing things that would make car makers cringe :P

Side NOTE; what the hell people, I am thoroughly upset by the fact that almost no one by now has at least one headset for use on their PS3, seriously how cheap are you? They gave away 2 Bluetooth headsets one was with Socom and the other was WarkHawk, there is no excuse to be online and not have a mic. Stop with the typing, I don't have time to read anything while I'm driving, a simple "I'm on your left is much easier to react to", how the hell do you expect to type that while having your hands full of steering wheel? Stop the BS, high time you used your mics...even your old USB mic will work. Don't use those cheesy cheap static producing mics either.

Sorry just had to get that out, had a game with these silent idiots online...one idiot would ram me, the others wouldn't say where they were so I can't avoid you if I don't know you're there.
 
I tried online for the first time on GT5 yesterday...

room said Karting "clean".

everybody was playing bumper cars!!! :ouch:

we need more quality people online. dang kids...
 
Side NOTE; what the hell people, I am thoroughly upset by the fact that almost no one by now has at least one headset for use on their PS3, seriously how cheap are you? They gave away 2 Bluetooth headsets one was with Socom and the other was WarkHawk, there is no excuse to be online and not have a mic. Stop with the typing, I don't have time to read anything while I'm driving, a simple "I'm on your left is much easier to react to", how the hell do you expect to type that while having your hands full of steering wheel? Stop the BS, high time you used your mics...even your old USB mic will work. Don't use those cheesy cheap static producing mics either.

Sorry just had to get that out, had a game with these silent idiots online...one idiot would ram me, the others wouldn't say where they were so I can't avoid you if I don't know you're there.

I don't have a mic because I've never had a game that needed one before. Never played either of the games you listed. I really only use the PS3 for multimedia and racing. If you are going to tee off on people you could at least give them a link to cheap bluetooth headsets. I'd get one if it was inexpensive.
 
Back