No point in online racing!

  • Thread starter Thread starter chrisr1984
  • 68 comments
  • 5,983 views
mics online? its usually 10 year olds saying theyll kill everyone in the room or singing just to wind people up.

that and there are no tactics to share in gt5(not that anyone does that any)
 
I tried online for the first time on GT5 yesterday...

room said Karting "clean".

everybody was playing bumper cars!!! :ouch:

we need more quality people online. dang kids...

Yup.....I only race Gtp people or close friends.....Im Pretty sure there will be some sort of quality control soon.
 
Well the cheapest bluetooth headsets are in the $30 dollar range, but I'd go with the official PS3 headset as it works extremely well with the system $50. It's syncs with the system automatically if it's on when you turn your system on, has the ability to go boom mic while it charges in the cradle and also has an interesting Hi quality audio mode. Not to forget it works flawlessly with cell phones as well, it's a lot of bang for your buck. Sony just launched a new BT headset, so try to snatch the old one as it might drop in price to pave way for the new one.

I use my mic online all the time, and i mute the annoying 13 year olds who just talk as if they just learned how to use their mouths.

There are no tactics in GT5 online yet as right now everyone is gung ho and fly by the seat of your pants, but when you stumble upon good racers that's another story. I raced a guy and he didn't have a mic, but I was paying close attention to his maneuvers and watched how he drove, clearly he was pretty good and if he had a mic he could told me where he was so I wouldn't move into his line unknowingly. I knew he was there only after I saw him in the rear view mirrors.
 
Need more fully tuned out Kubelwagen races! :lol:
 
I read on kotaku that kaz will be patching in exp and prize money , you just have to be patient it says

Yeah, something like in F1 2010 would be good, with credits so that you can race people online (not A.I.) and earn credits to purchase more ( :crazy: expensive) cars (premiums for me) 👍

Once my garage is full of the cars I'll still need to maintain credits for parts, tires, repairs, so make credits awarded for online races please :grumpy:
 
Didn't Kaz already say they might be implementing a feature with this in the future? Either way its not a huge problem as you can easily setup tourneys and gift cars to people as prizes.
 
I see no one here looked at the manual for this game. :lol:

Well if you play with a controller the only button you need is X so I never looked.:dunce:
 
The online matches could be selected as Deposit Races, where each racer hands in a set amount, lets say 5k, and the top 3 splits the money deposited.

Could have regulations in horsepower etc, the host decides such.

I like this kind of idea. I'd rather see everyone pay in and everyone gets money back out, though (with the winner getting the most, second place less, and so on). Maybe even take a little out for "track fees" to make it more realistic.

Then some lounges could be free, others paid/prize, etc. to give everyone a chance to choose what they want to do. We could even have "pink slip" races available for the I-really-think-I'm-the-best group.
 
mics online? its usually 10 year olds saying theyll kill everyone in the room or singing just to wind people up.

that and there are no tactics to share in gt5(not that anyone does that any)

You can always choose to mute someone's mic if need be 👍
 
What do you do with that money and xp once you get it...

Buy cars to race with


So you are telling us that you don't enjoy racing.


"I think that an introduction of prize winnings would give people a reason to drive more carfully.."

Is this a joke? If anything it would turn even the cleanest of drivers into a dirty bumper car out of greed. Not to mention that everyone would pick the same car after a month of online because its the one "that you need to win."
 
most games dont have any "benefit" in playing online. just the fun and challange of playing against real players

My friend. let me twist a little and complement your post:

Warcraft: full of "benefits" -> Eager -> Frustration -> Sickness. You have to play EVERYDAY 16h/day to beat robot-kids

GTplanet: no "benefits" -> Race anytime -> Fun is guaranteed even if you don't win -> Relief after 8h job/day. You can still perform well after 3 months idle.

That's my POV. 👍 fun is fun.
 
My friend. let me twist a little and complement your post:

Warcraft: full of "benefits" -> Eager -> Frustration -> Sickness. You have to play EVERYDAY 16h/day to beat robot-kids

GTplanet: no "benefits" -> Race anytime -> Fun is guaranteed even if you don't win -> Relief after 8h job/day. You can still perform well after 3 months idle.

That's my POV. 👍 fun is fun.

"Relief after 8h job/day"

What about a 12h job/day?

Burning insane LOTS of rubber and virtual gasoline with your friends in an airfield using supercars that you'll not be able to buy even if you work during 3 generations... EPIC < its the word.
 
I read on Kaz's twitter than in the next patch they will implement FUN into the game.
 
Its more fun to be rewarded and have goals to attain online.

In this day and age, to release such a big AAA game with such a shallow online system, and weird features like how damage is implemented, is pretty poor, and I love Gt5, but im not blind to some poor decisions, design in this game.
 
I say it's best to add an XP system, that way you can have a match making system that takes the XP a racer has along with their record. That way you would have top drivers facing one another and not a dog show where the not so good drivers get trounced all day.

Net more cash when you race against tougher competition, the more high XP players in a room, the higher the overall winnings. This would definitely encourage great racing, especially if you have a vote at the end before the credits are transferred to remove the idiot racer who cheats to win or drives unfairly. Is there replay save feature, this can be used to review races in case we need to report morons.

There should definitely be a stunt course, I mean we have these wonderful physics might as well see it in action doing things that would make car makers cringe :P

Side NOTE; what the hell people, I am thoroughly upset by the fact that almost no one by now has at least one headset for use on their PS3, seriously how cheap are you? They gave away 2 Bluetooth headsets one was with Socom and the other was WarkHawk, there is no excuse to be online and not have a mic. Stop with the typing, I don't have time to read anything while I'm driving, a simple "I'm on your left is much easier to react to", how the hell do you expect to type that while having your hands full of steering wheel? Stop the BS, high time you used your mics...even your old USB mic will work. Don't use those cheesy cheap static producing mics either.

Sorry just had to get that out, had a game with these silent idiots online...one idiot would ram me, the others wouldn't say where they were so I can't avoid you if I don't know you're there.

Not sure what games you play, every ps3 game I go to online has tonnes of peoples with mics. Its betetr then 360, as every 10 year old has a mic and is rude, and annoying, a lot less of that on PS3.
 
I say it's best to add an XP system, that way you can have a match making system that takes the XP a racer has along with their record. That way you would have top drivers facing one another and not a dog show where the not so good drivers get trounced all day.

Net more cash when you race against tougher competition, the more high XP players in a room, the higher the overall winnings. This would definitely encourage great racing, especially if you have a vote at the end before the credits are transferred to remove the idiot racer who cheats to win or drives unfairly. Is there replay save feature, this can be used to review races in case we need to report morons.

There should definitely be a stunt course, I mean we have these wonderful physics might as well see it in action doing things that would make car makers cringe :P

Side NOTE; what the hell people, I am thoroughly upset by the fact that almost no one by now has at least one headset for use on their PS3, seriously how cheap are you? They gave away 2 Bluetooth headsets one was with Socom and the other was WarkHawk, there is no excuse to be online and not have a mic. Stop with the typing, I don't have time to read anything while I'm driving, a simple "I'm on your left is much easier to react to", how the hell do you expect to type that while having your hands full of steering wheel? Stop the BS, high time you used your mics...even your old USB mic will work. Don't use those cheesy cheap static producing mics either.

Sorry just had to get that out, had a game with these silent idiots online...one idiot would ram me, the others wouldn't say where they were so I can't avoid you if I don't know you're there.
its called check your mirrors... i have a mic and dont feel the need to tell people that im passing they should know where i am.... The only reason i even turn my mic on when i play gt5 is so that peoples voices dont go through my speakers because thats annoying and i hardly even wear it because i dont reallly care what people are saying
 
I say it's best to add an XP system, that way you can have a match making system that takes the XP a racer has along with their record. That way you would have top drivers facing one another and not a dog show where the not so good drivers get trounced all day.

Net more cash when you race against tougher competition, the more high XP players in a room, the higher the overall winnings. This would definitely encourage great racing, especially if you have a vote at the end before the credits are transferred to remove the idiot racer who cheats to win or drives unfairly. Is there replay save feature, this can be used to review races in case we need to report morons.

There should definitely be a stunt course, I mean we have these wonderful physics might as well see it in action doing things that would make car makers cringe :P

Side NOTE; what the hell people, I am thoroughly upset by the fact that almost no one by now has at least one headset for use on their PS3, seriously how cheap are you? They gave away 2 Bluetooth headsets one was with Socom and the other was WarkHawk, there is no excuse to be online and not have a mic. Stop with the typing, I don't have time to read anything while I'm driving, a simple "I'm on your left is much easier to react to", how the hell do you expect to type that while having your hands full of steering wheel? Stop the BS, high time you used your mics...even your old USB mic will work. Don't use those cheesy cheap static producing mics either.

Sorry just had to get that out, had a game with these silent idiots online...one idiot would ram me, the others wouldn't say where they were so I can't avoid you if I don't know you're there.

Wow, rude much?

The reason why I don't have a mic is because not everyone feels comfortable talking to random people online they can't see face to face like in the real world. I know I don't. And I can't get one anyway, not because I'm cheap, because I can't afford it. My minimum wage paycheck from my part-time job goes straight to my car insurance, so quite frankly I can't get jack. I was lucky I could convince my mom to let me get GT5 in the first place.
 
Last edited:
If PD wants people (when I say people, I mean 90% of the users who will drop it when the next big thing drops aka casuals), they have to have some sort of reason to play online other than just fun. Also, getting around "idiots" isn't that big a problem. This is how I would do it:
First, divide the rooms in 2: ranked (rooms with certain limitations and you win prizes) and unranked (rooms you create just for fun)
with ranked rooms, your online stats, will be recorded, and certain limits will be needed to make a room official, such as HP/weight limits, types of assists, minimum number of people required in race, minimum number of laps, and preventive measures of cheating like cutting through grass/corners, driving backwards/stopping middle of road, and penalties for purposely spinning out other racers.
 
I just want online leaderboards for lap times, I think that would be a cool challenge.
 
What ever happend to playing a game for fun??


Exactly.

A bunch of friends have just gotten the game and we're just going to do online kart races for bragging rights. We'll probably end up putting cash on top of it as well.
 
Exactly.

A bunch of friends have just gotten the game and we're just going to do online kart races for bragging rights. We'll probably end up putting cash on top of it as well.

Adding a reward system = more fun, not rocket science. Face it, winning cars adds a lot of fun to these types of games. There is a reason every game today has a progression/reward system online. ITS FUN.

Saying its ok not to have it because you just want fun is moronic, obviously most find rewards online adds to the fun. this is 2010, having a reward system online is needed, PD is stuck in the ps2 era.
 
No point on playing online unless if its with your freinds, but only if they are clean racers. I remember going online with Prologue for abaut two races and since then I´ve never gone online. I just go online for updates.
 
There should be a balance system implemented in GT5...I entered rooms where a McLaren was going up against a Daihatsu. Speaking of credits, that would be a bad idea. Everyone should know that there will be lobbies with boosters and get 10000000000 credits at some point. I haven't been to the online portion of the game much, but they shouldn't have a win/lose ratio. Just to see what will happen then...

The penalty rules...don't get me started. GT5P was a pain...
 
Dunno the point of racing online is to have fun and win, in that order respectively, isn't it? Maybe make some friends along the way.

I mean tho some cash would be nice, and so what if people cheesed it by limiting a room to 3 people inviting their friends and farmed coin. Is it any more fun to take a severely overpowered car to the the high speed rings and ovals and racing it over and over and over and over by yourself for 30k 80k etc a pop. Would not see any harm in adding some cash incentive to the online.

Would not like to see random cars rewarded my garage if full of rewards cars from doing the single player stuff, but money can always be spent in gt considering some of the cars cost a truckload of cr.
I agree 100%, 👍
 
"Relief after 8h job/day"

What about a 12h job/day?

Burning insane LOTS of rubber and virtual gasoline with your friends in an airfield using supercars that you'll not be able to buy even if you work during 3 generations... EPIC < its the word.

more hours = more relief :)

8h is the standard.
"Don't hate the standards! Give'em a chance. :) 👍"

Btw, I work with Datacenters = 24/7. So I know that GT is not the place to get even more stressed :)
 
You want nothing to race for? LOOK AT THE PRIZE CAR SYSTEM. Al the prize cars are purchasable. NOW THAT'S NOTHING TO RACE FOR
 
Is this a joke? If anything it would turn even the cleanest of drivers into a dirty bumper car out of greed. Not to mention that everyone would pick the same car after a month of online because its the one "that you need to win."
^^This

Did you guys even play Prologue online? It was terrible, I've already had more fun in GT5 online in two sessions then I ever had the whole time in GT5P online. If they add money/exp rewards then it will end up just the same as Prologue. Everyone racing the exact same car (Ford GT and tuned Clio ring a bell anyone?), whichever car is best for that race. And everyone will be doing whatever it takes to win including punting, shortcuts, brake checking etc. etc.

Right now there is no incentive to do that crap in GT5 and I've seen very little of it. I've seen a decent variety of cars, people are actually racing the cars they like instead of the one that always wins. I've seen clean racing since the only reason to race online is in the interest of fun, there is no incentive to win at all costs.

Please, PLEASE PD do not add rewards for winning online or you will destroy one of the current bright spots for GT5.
 
Back