No point in online racing!

  • Thread starter Thread starter chrisr1984
  • 68 comments
  • 5,983 views
with mechanical damage coming with in weeks id say that won't be a problem no more

Won't stop the course cutting and I bet they'll find a way to hit the wall and not seriously damage the car.

^^This

Did you guys even play Prologue online? It was terrible, I've already had more fun in GT5 online in two sessions then I ever had the whole time in GT5P online. If they add money/exp rewards then it will end up just the same as Prologue. Everyone racing the exact same car (Ford GT and tuned Clio ring a bell anyone?), whichever car is best for that race. And everyone will be doing whatever it takes to win including punting, shortcuts, brake checking etc. etc.

Right now there is no incentive to do that crap in GT5 and I've seen very little of it. I've seen a decent variety of cars, people are actually racing the cars they like instead of the one that always wins. I've seen clean racing since the only reason to race online is in the interest of fun, there is no incentive to win at all costs.

Please, PLEASE PD do not add rewards for winning online or you will destroy one of the current bright spots for GT5.

iRacing's Driver's World Championship had a $10,000 prize to the winner and was full of clean racing....

Incentive based racing does not have to equal dirty racing.
 
As much as it pains me im realizing I just need to get a new 360 and go back to forza 3. Its just a better game.

With the auction house and livery editor, designers would team up with tuners and create amazing cars, then sell them in the auction house, and they were not cheap.

So as a player after career mode is all done, you could race online and earn money, and buy those amazing community built cars. There was this wonderful cycle and addictiveness to the game that could go on forever that is completely missing from GT5.

Its just impossible to understand some of these decisions they made.
 
cuz it's just plain fun to race against your friends online!

but it would be nice to earn exp and prize money from them for sure
 
Won't stop the course cutting and I bet they'll find a way to hit the wall and not seriously damage the car.



iRacing's Driver's World Championship had a $10,000 prize to the winner and was full of clean racing....

Incentive based racing does not have to equal dirty racing.

there is already a course cutting block if you turn penalty's on you get like a 5second penalty hardly no one turns that on though. But im sure with rank races every thing will be on and locked.
 
The real online game play destroying feature will be when they start give credits for wins. It will be the crash fest of the century on every race, half of the field will quit after the first corner; and by last lap there might be only 2 guys still in the race.

The online racing etiquette is poor, people who quits after only 1 lap is common.
 
As with every online game, it depends on who you play with... I have had alot of fun online and some really close nascar racing too...(Me and one guy took off from the pack and duked it out for 9 laps unfortantly I didn't get a good jump off the draft in the last corner of the final lap and lost by .028 of a second) I have had great fun trying keep up with other fully tuned monsters on The 'Ring with my scary unstable SuperVeloce and I have had an awsome time just drifting in free mode on Tsukuba in my Charger with a bunch of other people. Considering it's PD's first REAL* try at online features, I'd say it's a good start. Just avoid the rooms full of Veyron(A car that should of been left out of the game, I'd rather drive a honda van) Fags who can't drive...
 
I would like to see an online ranking system, where you win points depending on how high you finish and the quality of opponent, the ranking would also be used for matchmaking you to opponents of a similar level.

Almost every game with online features has this sort of online levelling / ranking system.

Imo you have to have something to play for and aim for, repeatedly competing in 'exhibition' mode with no rewards gets old pretty quick.
 
I think its a epic fail there is no rewards, leaderboards, and stats tracking in the game.

We are in 2010. Since like 10 years every respectable online game had such features.

When everyone starts to relalise just how few events there are in the game, and how costly some cars are & how much xp is needed to reach level 40. It wont be so fun to do the same stupid race against the AI for like 1000 times in a row.

Also morons who bumb into you will do it anyway. I dont see much clean racing when joining a random room now, so why would it be much worse if they implemented a system, where people got a litle cash & XP.

Besides that anyone who is seriously about online racing will do it in closed games with other people who also likes clean races.
 
Back