No ps4 limited edition car pack?PS4 

• Thread starter argyle1812
  • 19 comments
United States
United States
I have my copy of project cars preordered from gamestop but I noticed it does not include the limited car pack. However psn doesnt show project cars yet either. How do you get the modified pack and the limited pack for ps4?

I have my copy of project cars preordered from gamestop but I noticed it does not include the limited car pack. However psn doesnt show project cars yet either. How do you get the modified pack and the limited pack for ps4?
If you are from North America you cannot get the limited edition sadly.

If you are from North America you cannot get the limited edition sadly.

Actually you can get the LE car pack if you pre-order digitally. At least on the Xbox One. I don't know about the PS4 version. I assume it's the same.

The XB1 "Pre-Order Edition" includes the Modified Car Pack and the LE Car Pack.

While it shows the digital version is available with both in the european psn store, the US psn store doesnt show project cars period.

I really want to know about the chances of them being made available as DLC too. I missed out on the chance to pre-order the Limited Edition, so ordered the standard. So will be receiving the Modified pack anyways. But its the the pack with the Sauber that im really wanting. Problem being.... i really HATE not having a physical copy. I dont want to buy the digital, but concerned that it might be the only way to get the LE content.

I really want to know about the chances of them being made available as DLC too. I missed out on the chance to pre-order the Limited Edition, so ordered the standard. So will be receiving the Modified pack anyways. But its the the pack with the Sauber that im really wanting. Problem being.... i really HATE not having a physical copy. I dont want to buy the digital, but concerned that it might be the only way to get the LE content.

The devs once said they will make all content available for all players, so the two car packs should (I said should because we have no official confirmation for that) be available as DLC

I used to dislike digital copies, but do consider:

-easier to access
-it's not at risk of damage or loss
-doesn't clutter the place
-you're not going to be selling PCARS in a hurry :lol:

Also, which is more important for you? Having the disk or the content? Go with which one you value most :)

@psychoazubi I do hope the content will be free as so far the only players that aren't getting it are the ones that buy a regular physical copy. Rather more of an "anti disc" dlc than limited edition dlc

He means for those that don't/ can't, will there be a dlc for them at launch.

@J00N10R unfortunately we have no idea. It's one question I wish SMS hadn't stayed silent on.

So it isn't clear if you preorder it from any shop (on disc of course), you'll get the Pre order edition? Only Game and Amazon seem to state they have it.

I used to dislike digital copies, but do consider:

-easier to access
-it's not at risk of damage or loss
-doesn't clutter the place
-you're not going to be selling PCARS in a hurry :lol:

Also, which is more important for you? Having the disk or the content? Go with which one you value most :)

I still dislike digital copies.

You cannot beat:

:The feel of the product
:The excitement as you drive home from the game store
:The smell of the new shiny limited edition booklet
:The artwork on the steel or plastic cover.
:Sharing with a friend or family member. (But not likely in this case)
:Finally taking out the game when finished at night and putting it under your pillow before you sleep. Just in case somebody steals it. The PS4 is a bit big. :lol:

You cannot beat:

:Finally taking out the game when finished at night and putting it under your pillow before you sleep. Just in case somebody steals it. The PS4 is a bit big. :lol:
I've come to realise that the game itself is miles more important

You cannot beat:

Buy Both. I will.

The advantages of digital download would be : less wear and tear on the transport/laser assembly if you swap different games regularly and no chance of damaging the disc if/when you swap it for another game.
Of course, your HDD could get corrupted or suffer a failiure, but you can still download the game again for free once it's formatted or replaced, as opposed to having to buy a new game disc if it's damaged.
I don't know the implications of the extra car packs being reinstated if either the software or hardware fails ? Would your original DLC codes still be valid in a case like this ?

I don't know the implications of the extra car packs being reinstated if either the software or hardware fails ? Would your original DLC codes still be valid in a case like this ?

The dlc codes unlock content to your account serverside. As long as the code is authentic whatever console you use your accont on will entitle you access to the content that code originally produced by way of simply checking your accounts download history.

Hardware and software failure wont have any issues with your dlc being redeemed ...

Back