No way these timings in suzuka

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chicane85
  • 93 comments
  • 7,964 views
Even without the right camera angles/accel/brake info, you can still make out where things are going wrong.

First corner looked ok
2nd corner was slow and didnt maximize the exit
Essess lines need tightening up and smoother, with more speed through the corners.
Dunlop had a slow entry and didn't use the width of the track on exit.
Degner 1 and 2 were slow on entry and mid corner speed.
Hairpin was a slow exit and not using all the track
Spoon entry looked ok, but slowed down too much and stuck to the inside. Spoon should be taken out - in - out - in -out, and your line was out - in - in - in - in

That's just roughly, and anything else I've missed was too hard to tell from camera angles. You need to be sticking to one side of the track or the other where a lot of times the car was mid track or had more width to the outside of the track. The bigger the curve you can make going through a corner, the faster you will be and your not maximising the track to do so.
 
My best lap for Suzuka was a 2:01.031, and that's on a controller. I could probably go faster but a 1:58.4 is really a cut above my level. That's not cheating, it's just being extremely fast. The time was done within legal means, so don't doubt it.
 


So much time to be gained from maximising the track limits. It appears that you were far from the edge of the track on most entries and exits. Once you start taking more track, you can carry much more speed through the turn and therefore have more speed on the following straight.
 
I just had a go in this and got a 2:05.5 on my second lap, with a controller and automatic transmission. Like everyone's said, watch the top 10 times, and do your best to follow the speed/line/braking points/gears. You'll improve.

How do I watch the top 10 times? I don't seem to be able to click on anything in the listing.
 
How do I watch the top 10 times? I don't seem to be able to click on anything in the listing.

Sport mode - click on the event - Qualifying Rankings - Top10 - Click orange play button on the replay you want to watch


Btw here's a 1.57 from TRL_Lightning for comparison
 
Last edited:

Timetrial, with this grp3 merc,
Best lap was 2: 02: 0100
Big difference
Tcs 2
I guess big difference in handling, as the gti hNdles like ***** tbh
 
Last edited:

Lap with telemtry, best lap was 2: 06: 146

I don't know how much time you have to practice but you might wanna turn on the racing line and cones. Brake on the double cone turn in on the single. Can really speed things up. And TCS 2.

And just have fun.
 
Sport mode - click on the event - Qualifying Rankings - Top10 - Click orange play button on the replay you want to watch


Btw here's a 1.57 from TRL_Lightning for comparison

He s drivinf with a wheel, im with a controller, impossible to make those gear inputs into corners..
 
Well i use a pad with no assists and my time is currently 2.00.54 with an optimal lap time of 1.59.3 and theres people faster than me.
Very hard without assists, everytime i hit the gas out of a corner i end up with oversteer to o
Point of spinning
 
Very hard without assists, everytime i hit the gas out of a corner i end up with oversteer to o
Point of spinning

The VW is tricky on Suzuka with pad, try the 911.

Your Mercedes time of 2.02 is done with no BOP and RS tyres.
 
The VW is tricky on Suzuka with pad, try the 911.

Your Mercedes time of 2.02 is done with no BOP and RS tyres.
I will buy that one when i get the credits, can t even sell cars, all of them are gift cars lol
 
I will buy that one when i get the credits, can t even sell cars, all of them are gift cars lol
Black market you can sell them black market the way to go .
 
Black market you can sell them black market the way to go .
Which black market?

The VW is tricky on Suzuka with pad, try the 911.

Your Mercedes time of 2.02 is done with no BOP and RS tyres.
With bop only half a second slower, 2:02: 542
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Very hard without assists, everytime i hit the gas out of a corner i end up with oversteer to o
Point of spinning
Change up earlier and be gentle on the throttle. It may feel slower but it’s far quicker than losing traction.

You’re also losing lots of time coasting in corners. You need to use all of the track. Work on coming off the throttle, tucking the nose into the apex, and accelerating through the corner. The car should be pivoting from one corner to the next in the early sequence.

I would say 2.03 is an OK time for an inexperienced driver.
 
I have seen best record in suzuka normal full circuit, is 1:58..that is impossible with the gti gvt, i have tried with that car btw i play with controller,manual gears, i managed only 2:06, no way that difference, i am not making any mistakes at all aswell.
Not making mistakes does not equal to being fast. Sorry to say but your time is poor.
 
I am able to run low 2'01s with the AMG on a controller at Suzuka and even quicker in the 911 RSR with a low 2'00. With a perfect lap I am confident that I can run a 1'59.xxx in the Porsche but I don't feel that I'll have time to run that. While wheel users typically do have the advantage, being competitive on a controller is a possibility if the effort is put forth to learn the proper techniques.

Here's a video of me running the AMG in a race. Mind that my driving here isn't perfect by any means.

​
 
Watch the top 10 replays and compare sector times to find out where you are missing the most.

There is something wrong with the replays on the leader boards. I have been writing down sector times to see where I need to improve from the leader boards and if you add up the individual sector times they can be up to a second slower than what the users top 10 time is. If anyone does not believe me go check it out.
 
There is something wrong with the replays on the leader boards. I have been writing down sector times to see where I need to improve from the leader boards and if you add up the individual sector times they can be up to a second slower than what the users top 10 time is. If anyone does not believe me go check it out.
Penalties ;)
 
Penalties ;)

But I thought the fast lap replay was a replay of the users top 10 time? Penalties dont make sense, like I said if you the sector times on the top 10 lap replay they do not add up to his time on the board. My point is they must not be showing the players fastest lap time
 
IOF Racing , 1:57.520 very smooth drive , perfect lines and inputs.
 
But I thought the fast lap replay was a replay of the users top 10 time? Penalties dont make sense, like I said if you the sector times on the top 10 lap replay they do not add up to his time on the board. My point is they must not be showing the players fastest lap time
Which lap shall we look at? Or are you saying all?
 
Which lap shall we look at? Or are you saying all?

I have not found 1 top ten lap where the replay sector times equal the fast lap, I have checked this out over a half dozen weeks or so. I suspect if you randomly pick 1 top ten replay you will also discover the sector times are slower than what the players fast lap is.
 
Back