United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Non-Racing Car Drift Trial: Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow

DT#37 - Non-Racing Car Drift Trial @ Big Willow.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[DT#37] - Non-Racing Car Drift Trial @ Big Willow.jpg

Last edited:
Not much of a drifter with the DS3, but did manage to gold with an unmodified Cizeta and a Lancia Stratos. If nothing else, it was fun and interesting.

Anyone one have any tunes/advice? Never tried to drift before, but I want that gold chrome.

Bought the tank car but can't get it to turn let alone drift lol

Managed to get 1660 so far... The first corner is getting easier and I average 900 there, but I keep screwing up the other zones.

+edit
And done :) 2127

Last edited:
I
Anyone one have any tunes/advice? Never tried to drift before, but I want that gold chrome.

Bought the tank car but can't get it to turn let alone drift lol

Managed to get 1660 so far... The first corner is getting easier and I average 900 there, but I keep screwing up the other zones.

+edit
And done :) 2127

Same here, Never tried to drift before, but I want that gold chrome, any advice or video to learn how to drift?

Bought the tank car too, I use Racing Wheel G27

Thanks

Jedi

I

Same here, Never tried to drift before, but I want that gold chrome, any advice or video to learn how to drift?

Bought the tank car too, I use Racing Wheel G27

Thanks

Jedi

I would have thought your best bet to is to start with the DS3 if you want to learn quickly.

The dedicated drifting forum is a good place to start.

Not sure if the Tank Car is an easy starter, look for modest power RWD, start at 300bhp or so, decent torque delivery and good balance. Maybe look at an M3, or try a modern Camaro like in @shaunm80's tuning garage. @DolHaus has some moddest tunes also, in the drifthaus garage.

As for technique, the easiest way to start is just turn in and overpower the tyres with a prod if the throttle. Countersteer as the back end comes round and essentially use the throttle to control the drift angle, and steering to point the car.

Watch for snap back When you let off gas and countersteer at the same. If you spin early, your entry speed might be too fast.

Just a few of my thoughts! it just takes practice. Good luck!

My mclaren mp4-12c is the easiest car I have for drifting in my garage. Easy to counter steer and capable of achieving big scores.

Edit: That and my BMW Vision Gran Turismo drift setup. That is also very good for race car events.

Last edited:
I would have thought your best bet to is to start with the DS3 if you want to learn quickly.

The dedicated drifting forum is a good place to start.

Not sure if the Tank Car is an easy starter, look for modest power RWD, start at 300bhp or so, decent torque delivery and good balance. Maybe look at an M3, or try a modern Camaro like in @shaunm80's tuning garage. @DolHaus has some moddest tunes also, in the drifthaus garage.

As for technique, the easiest way to start is just turn in and overpower the tyres with a prod if the throttle. Countersteer as the back end comes round and essentially use the throttle to control the drift angle, and steering to point the car.

Watch for snap back When you let off gas and countersteer at the same. If you spin early, your entry speed might be too fast.

Just a few of my thoughts! it just takes practice. Good luck!

My mclaren mp4-12c is the easiest car I have for drifting in my garage. Easy to counter steer and capable of achieving big scores.

Edit: That and my BMW Vision Gran Turismo drift setup. That is also very good for race car events.

Thank you!! :gtpflag:

Last question:

Once I learned how to drift with the DS3, Could i have the same results with a Wheel?

Thanks
jedi

4375 with the EAG Mec 300 SL.

Last question:

Once I learned how to drift with the DS3, Could i have the same results with a Wheel?

Thanks
jedi

Well, I can't drift with a wheel much at all - never had the time or patience. But then I use an old DF Pro, and I expect the G27 is a lot better.

I really suggested the controller as it's easier to learn (IMO) and you want to get the gold chrome paint before the seasonal ends. There is no reason why you can't get good with a wheel, there are plenty of drifters out there who use one. It's just practice.

Again, check out the drift forum - I'm sure there is help there...

Last question:

Thanks
jedi

A Lotus Elise is good for drifting. I am also fond of the Lancia Stratos, although it can be a bit tricky at times. Generally run them both unmodified except for tires, which I adjust to suit the situation.

Back