Non-Racing Car Drift Trial: Cape Ring

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 38 comments
I just grabbed the gold using the 92 F40 with the linked specs above.
After about 30 minutes I gave up on the GTR Black with the linked tune specs because I couldn't manage to get over 4K.
Once I made the switch to the F40 I had a bunch in the low 4K's. Finally, I just locked in a solid drift around the full big bend, then swung it in home for a casual 4880.
Right away this car and setup just clicked for me and felt good.
I'm on a controller and drifting isn't as smooth as with a wheel, pedals and sifter I think.

What's your GTX toe and damper settings? Those are the only things I can't quite get right on this car.
I had a few more attempts last night in my M5, and then decided it was too heavy to keep the momentum up while keeping a controlled drift for the final hairpin. Jumped into my Mazda RX-7 GTX and after few attempts getting to know it's limits I finally cracked through with a narrow 4,551 run! Gold, and done!!

Used the same approach: enter the first corner at 150 km/h, little jab on the handbrake, countersteering while feathering the throttle and keeping an eye on the rumble strips. Little bit of handbrake through the chicane to steady the car and lose a little more speed and BAM! Thanks for your advice @drag_izayoi ![/QUOTE

What's your GTX toe and damper settings? Those are the only things I can't quite get right on this car.
I'll check it out for you tonight and report back. I think toe is around -0.15/0.05, can't remember damper settings. It's definitely not perfect, but I like the predictability of the set-up.

I'll check it out for you tonight and report back. I think toe is around -0.15/0.05, can't remember damper settings. It's definitely not perfect, but I like the predictability of the set-up.
I used to do extreme negative rear toe to get better angle but I should have been doing high springs because with huge negative rear toe it just slides off track.

I used to do extreme negative rear toe to get better angle but I should have been doing high springs because with huge negative rear toe it just slides off track.
Sorry, I didn't get time on GT6 last night. I always go with a really neutral rear toe, more aggressive front toe (but not THAT aggressive) and ensure the springs are pretty firm. It's a guaranteed way to get a slider.

Sorry, I didn't get time on GT6 last night. I always go with a really neutral rear toe, more aggressive front toe (but not THAT aggressive) and ensure the springs are pretty firm. It's a guaranteed way to get a slider.
Yeah I started tuning opposite from how I used to a while ago and have doubled my drift scores. My highest on Tsukuba is with a 700hp Viper GTS with 14,500 points on a rough tune after only 5 laps. (I was really surprised too, but it can really hold a drift) The only thing I don't like about the car so far is that it has a ton of body roll, but the tune is still really rough

Last edited:
RX-7 GT-X (FC):

Best of all parts.

Suspension:
85/85
6.03/8.33
5/6
4/4
4/3
0.6/5.0
-0.17/-0.19

LSD:
22/25/20

I forgot that I'd set the camber to such a wild rear angle. Looks badass and drifts like a good'un though!

85/85 seems a bit too low, but I probably set mine too high anyway (I usually run from 95-110 all sides while tuning)

85/85 seems a bit too low, but I probably set mine too high anyway (I usually run from 95-110 all sides while tuning)
Ride height doesn't really matter all that much for drifting, I don't think. Low as possible to get the centre of gravity as low as possible, and you're usually not worried about bumps and uneven road surfaces so it tends to work fine if you drop it as low as it goes.

Back