• 38 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Non-Racing Car Drift Trial: Cape Ring

DT#55 - Non-Racing Car Drift Trial @ Cape Ring.png
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[DT#55] - Non-Racing Car Drift Trial @ Cape Ring.jpg

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
This one is giving me hell, spent about a half-hour with my favorite drift car (ShaunM80's Ferrari) and still no gold. I think I need a slower car.
@shaunm80's F40 will gold this, so will his GT-R Black Edition. 👍

I had a couple of attempts with the GT-R, with added nitrous & I was close to gold without driving particularly well. Then I saw your post & gave the F40 a try & just scraped a gold with 4,543 points on the 3rd restart.

I did it with this.

Event: Non-Race Car Drift Trial (10/08/2016)

Car: Shelby Cobra 427 '66

Score: 5,739

World Rank: 300th :eek: :D

You just got to drift right from the start and keep it going to get a good score. The last 2 curves are important because you can slide off to the right just before the finish, I had about 5,200 and slid off at the end and got a Big Fat "0"

I was like 🤬 🤬 :banghead:

Hi,

I've never done a drift event before, so is there a how-to for beginners? i.e. which car, tires, settings? Is this one "easy" for beginners or should I try something different first?

thx,
D.

Hi,

I've never done a drift event before, so is there a how-to for beginners? i.e. which car, tires, settings? Is this one "easy" for beginners or should I try something different first?

thx,
D.

I can't drift on this game worth crap, so I use only 3 cars to get through all the drifting events. They're super easy to drift, and control, thanks to ShaunM80 tunes. One is the Ferrari 599, another is the racing FRS, and the last one is an AWD car (can't remember what it is at the moment).

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/exeter-gt-tuning-updated-with-new-seasonal-setups.300860/

Go to the drift tunes section.

This is the 599 tune you want for this event.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...w-seasonal-setups.300860/page-28#post-9794493

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

thanks. I tried the 599, this is ridiculous. The car spins out on the straight while accelerating to the first corner. Did a few tries, best so far 1987 points :boggled:

D.

Hi,

2048 points, bronze. Over and out. As a punishment I painted the 599 with the gained military-003-W chip :D

Cape Ring.jpg

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I did it.

After nearly 1:30 hours, I passed the Cape Ring...
...with 4505 points!!! Haha, how crazy is that?

Did it with Shaunm's Ferrari. Thanks!

See added photo.

Attachments

• IMAG1456.jpg
    IMAG1456.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 23
I don't do drifts very often, but since I like seeing the gold cups lined up when I look in the seasonals page....

Did it with a 1970 Chevelle SS! Max HP, all trans, suspension, brake and body mods, Comfort mediums and zero rear toe.

Tried with different cars, then I tried with the Tank Car, got 5948pts.

I'm still wondering how they get 9000+ at this, especially with the Tank Car :confused:

I've sunk hours in to this one and still can't get it, including using the tank car and the Ferrari 599 tune further up the page.

Edit: Finally crushed it with the Tank Car.

Last edited:
I used my Shelby GT500 tune and got 6k but went off track at the last turn. fml. It seems that either I don't slide enough to hit the second corner at the apex or I slide off track.

A few runs in my drift-tunes Acura NSX and I'm about 300 points off gold. Will have to keep at it on this one for a bit. This is the trickiest set of corners in this track for drifting!

Only doing this one for the prize car...

Many attempts now and still no gold! I've managed 4,2XX in my M5 drifter, but not surpassed that gold score yet! I've found entering the first drift at 150kph and giving a little stab on the handbrake starts the drift off perfectly, getting the right angle and drift line. But it's the chicane at the end of the section that catches me every time. I had one run where I was just about to crack 4,500 and I slid off the track to the right of the end markers. Rage ensued.

Any hints/tips how to master the final chicane?

Start with a wheel in the grass, it may be easier than the handbrake, but not a 150, maybe 135-140. For the last chicane, go slower than you normally do and use the handbrake, that could help a bit.

Start with a wheel in the grass, it may be easier than the handbrake, but not a 150, maybe 135-140. For the last chicane, go slower than you normally do and use the handbrake, that could help a bit.
I had a few more attempts last night in my M5, and then decided it was too heavy to keep the momentum up while keeping a controlled drift for the final hairpin. Jumped into my Mazda RX-7 GTX and after few attempts getting to know it's limits I finally cracked through with a narrow 4,551 run! Gold, and done!!

Used the same approach: enter the first corner at 150 km/h, little jab on the handbrake, countersteering while feathering the throttle and keeping an eye on the rumble strips. Little bit of handbrake through the chicane to steady the car and lose a little more speed and BAM! Thanks for your advice @drag_izayoi !

Back