Non-Racing Car Drift Trial: Circuito de la Sierra

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 31 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Non-Racing Car Drift Trial: Circuito de la Sierra

NKeZWJi.jpg

Image courtesy of GRANKUSTOM .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 23/10/2014 – 06/11/2014, 04:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 23/10/2014 – 20/11/2014, 04:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
Categories: Normal Car

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 110,000
Silver: Cr. 50,000
Bronze: Cr. 30,000

Gift(s):
Gold: MATTE BLACK paint chip

Target Score:
Gold: 6,100
Silver: 5,000
Bronze: 4,300

TC, ASM & SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Circuito de la Sierra
Track Length: 16.78 miles / 27005 m
Time of day: 08:01
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
The matte black is a new chip.

So there are three Matte Blacks in the paintshop once you got them all.

From top to bottem they are: Seasonal chip, GT-86, LFA.

The paint overview is here.

The Seasonal drift trials are always 'sector mode' so it is unnecessary to put it in the OP unless PD add the info to the event page, if/when there are any changes.

supraSpecial Stage Route 5 Clubman_2.jpg

Toyota Supra RZ '97

Wheel / Joypad:
PS3 controller
Power:
475 BHP @ 6100 rpm / 70.1 kgfm @ 4200 rpm
Weight:
1328 kg
Performance Points:
533pp
Tires:
CH

Suspension: (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)
Ride Height:
Front: 90 Rear: 90
Spring Rate:
Front: 8.30 kg Rear: 6.30 kg
Dampers (Compression):
Front: 3 Rear: 3
Dampers (Extension):
Front: 4 Rear: 4
Anti-Roll Bars:
Front: 3 Rear: 3
Camber Angle (-):
Front: 2.0° Rear: 1.0°
Toe Angle: Front:
-0.14° Rear: 0.20°

Brakes:
F: 5 R: 5

Drivetrain: 6 Speed

Differential Gear: Fully Customisable Differential
Initial Torque:
F - R -10
Acceleration Sensitivity:
F - R -29
Braking Sensitivity:
F - R -10
Clutch & Flywheel:
Twin Plate
Propeller Shaft:
Carbon

Power
Oil Change:
No
Power Limiter:
100%
Engine Tuning:
Stage 1
Computer:
Sports
Exhaust:
Semi-Racing
Exhaust Manifold:
Standard
Catalytic Converter:
Sports
Intake Tuning:
Yes
Turbo Kit: Stage:
Standard
Nitrous Oxide (N2O):
No

Body

Body Rigidity Improvement:
No
Downforce:
F: 0 R: 15 (optional)
Weight Reduction:
Stage 1
Bonnet:
Carbon
Windows:
Weight Reduction
Ballast:
0 kg
Ballast position:

I bought a new jaguar XKR-S '11, and used it for both drift events.
Based the suspension on shmogt's(Banned?) suspension of the BMW VGT.
_Jaguar XKR-S '11_Drift_by_DDDsprayshop.jpg

if you use my offline database program?
download zip, the .csv and foto are in the zip.
Import csv and in editmode add the picture into that record, and the tune is in your database.

Last edited:
yes shamrockGT was banned suspect he was jack in disguise.
tune looks good might have to give a go.
I did not know that.
BTW, the jag does drift nice without lots of power tuning, but i'm a noob at drifting, but i got enough points for gold.

right i need to stop opening my mouth today i've put my foot in several times already. :lol:
I did not know that.
BTW, the jag does drift nice without lots of power tuning, but i'm a noob at drifting, but i got enough points for gold.
Good to know I'll give it a go, like you i'm a noob nub drifter want to get better at it just havn't sat down and learned yet lol.

Sorry for the offtopic.
But shmogt is banned, i tried the @ and his name did not pop up.
So i searched were i used his user tag, and read in his profile "BANNED"
I don't know if it is something with SHAMROCK.

So i don't think i'm wrong with my statement. Too bad, i liked some tunes from shmogt.But i can acces his website.
yeah I mistook the Shmogt as a incorrectly typed shamrockGT, as @DolHaus stated they are different people.
I wonder what Shmo did to get banned. I've seen a few long term SN's with the banned tag recently. Maybe it's time to go back over the ToS and EULA here might have changed something...

right i need to stop opening my mouth today i've put my foot in several times already. :lol:

Good to know I'll give it a go, like you i'm a noob nub drifter want to get better at it just havn't sat down and learned yet lol.
Keep swinging, you're bound to hit one eventually :lol:

Sorry for the offtopic.
But shmogt is banned, i tried the @ and his name did not pop up.
So i searched were i used his user tag, and read in his profile "BANNED"
I don't know if it is something with SHAMROCK.

So i don't think i'm wrong with my statement. Too bad, i liked some tunes from shmogt.But i can acces his website.
So he is, had no idea. Never drove any of his tunes but they were fairly popular on the forum
ShamrockGT was someone else though, whole other kettle of fish

Check the Banned User Log, his name is there along with others :) Doesn't seem much of a reason for banning, maybe he did something really bad when the mods confront him ?

Hated this event. It took me a long while to complete it compared to others. Inevitably, I would get zero for the final section, and there was also a left hand bend in the middle where my car insisted on spinning--despite having the wheel fully locked right and releasing accelerator completely.

I've been having some problems with my wheel since the last update, including a complete loss of accelerator function at times, but I don't think that was the issue here.

Grrrrr! Given up trying with the Scirocco R, spun out unpredictably at two different points on the track - knowledge is probably the key. I managed a dirty 10:49. Its fast enough probably for a gold with flawless driving and a better gear tune. I have the Nurburgring permanently burnt into my brain from thousands of laps on it on GT. Most of the other tracks too but the Green Hell, Le Mans & Spa predominantly. Might have to whip out the NSX Type R :lol: and get some laps in till it's its all clean all the way...

Grrrrr! Given up trying with the Scirocco R, spun out unpredictably at two different points on the track - knowledge is probably the key. I managed a dirty 10:49. Its fast enough probably for a gold with flawless driving and a better gear tune. I have the Nurburgring permanently burnt into my brain from thousands of laps on it on GT. Most of the other tracks too but the Green Hell, Le Mans & Spa predominantly. Might have to whip out the NSX Type R :lol: and get some laps in till it's its all clean all the way...

I suspect you meant to post this in another thread.

The matte black is a new chip.

So there are three Matte Blacks in the paintshop once you got them all.

From top to bottem they are: Seasonal chip, GT-86, LFA.

The paint overview is here.
Saves me from having to use the secondary account to find the chip's source...thank you kindly. ;)

Tried the Spitfire straight from the other DT, but it is not really powerful enough the fast corners on this track. I got a bronze and Gold may well be possible if I learn the track properly. Might try my Jag XKR though.

I got gold very easily with this tune.

Ferrari 599 '06

Tune here

f599driftimg1-jpg.174007
I'll give that a try, I got a gold on the opening day but I've found that your drift tunes are fantastic, or at least suit my style very well. I don't know much about drifting really but through playing GT regularly I've got to a point where I can gold the events easily.
Sometimes I make my own rough tune, not as good as an expert tune but stiffening all the dampers, shortening the gears & setting the diff to 60/60/5 seems to get the car sideways for me.
When I really want things to work well I have a look in your tuning thread knowing I'll be able to score well (by my part timer standards).

I recently used these settings on a car I was trying to perfect for an endurance race when I decided I needed a break to blow off steam. Just had a rough guess but it worked really well for the way I drive while trying to drift.
If you have time, I'd be interested to hear where I've gone right or wrong & maybe I can learn a bit more.

Either way, thanks for all your great tunes! :bowdown:

I'll give that a try, I got a gold on the opening day but I've found that your drift tunes are fantastic, or at least suit my style very well. I don't know much about drifting really but through playing GT regularly I've got to a point where I can gold the events easily.
Sometimes I make my own rough tune, not as good as an expert tune but stiffening all the dampers, shortening the gears & setting the diff to 60/60/5 seems to get the car sideways for me.
When I really want things to work well I have a look in your tuning thread knowing I'll be able to score well (by my part timer standards).

I recently used these settings on a car I was trying to perfect for an endurance race when I decided I needed a break to blow off steam. Just had a rough guess but it worked really well for the way I drive while trying to drift.
If you have time, I'd be interested to hear where I've gone right or wrong & maybe I can learn a bit more.

Either way, thanks for all your great tunes! :bowdown:
I don't know about the spring rates as I am not on the PS3 at the moment. I usually go for a lower anti-roll value. Say 2 and the front, 3 at the rear. I would also alter the toe values. a negative value on the front and a high positive value on the rear. I usually start with a value of say -0.20 (Front) and 0.50 (Rear) and play around with the toe until you can hold a drift without the rear spinning on you. I hope this helps.

@S_Bridge - I just had a thought, if you were still looking for tunes for that particular car (for endurance/time trial races), FITT had a Mazda challenge a while back where that car was tuned by a few tuners on this forum. If you goto the FITT Archives in the GT6 Tuning forum, that should sign post you to the results and hopefully the tunes which were submitted for it. If I recall, Motor City Hami's tune was very good and would probably be extremely competitive in endurance races.

Back