Nordschleife appreciation thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter drspeed
  • 187 comments
  • 16,814 views
Just won the Nascar, just do the downforce guys (50 front, 70 back), and lower the top speed to 340kmh, and it's a piece of cake, left the 2nd guy by 15 seconds and i had some major mistakes. I've turned all aids off and abs off as always..
 
I absolutely love this track!
It's awesome to drive on. And the track just looks amazing.
 
Having not played any of the GT games for nearly a decade, my only experience of the green hell has been in Forza 2 and 3. Needless to say my first few experiences in Forza 2 were not very fun. However, it only took 10 or so laps for me to get to the point that I started liking the track, and a few more for it to become my favorite.

Now with GT5 I'm still getting a feel for the game, of course on the ring. My favorite cars on the ring are 7 to 9 minute cars. Race cars don't really interest me much. M3's, Corvettes, GTRs, etc are my prefered ring type cars. Something I may own some day.

Maybe it's just me, but I find that I have a rythm for the ring. If I run off or mess up, I generally end up fighting the rest of the lap until I find the rythm again. Anyone else have this trouble?

My biggest frustration so far with GT5 is having to grind through races to make money for new cars that I can build, tune, and drive on the ring.
Place first in 4 of the 5 races in the Dream car championship for an easy 900,000. Takes about 40 to 50 minutes in the Formula GT, a bit longer with a Pagani Zonda or something.
 
Absolutely love the ring my favorite track and its the only track ill use in practice and arcade and dont even get me started on the 24hr part, just pure amazement
 
I drove down to the ring from the UK last may i can not recommend it enough,
if you get the chances to go, GO.

As for real life vs game, the game is a excellent representation the big difference is how step the hills and are.

Here is a clip of me in my mates gt3 rs (i am the passenger)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTRku4hySn0
 
Bob won on it last night while I still have yet to. Bob is a better driver than me. Do you know how humiliating that is? :)
 
Place first in 4 of the 5 races in the Dream car championship for an easy 900,000. Takes about 40 to 50 minutes in the Formula GT, a bit longer with a Pagani Zonda or something.

Ahhhhh.... Thanks for the tip.
 
Right, update on how i'm doing on the ring with the gt-r and 458. You have to bear in mind i'm still a new comer to the ring and i'm still looking to improve hugely. did a 7'47.8 in gt-r and 7'56.1 in the 458. Beat my previous gt-r time by 49 seconds. Reckon a 7'37 and i'll be a happy camper.
 
Back