Nordschleife Lap Times

• Thread starter bonobo4
  • 2,230 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I just found out about this thread. And I am wondering. How are the times verified to be true? The spreadsheet has very few videos and I don't see any screenshots, although that doesn't proove much, but still...

?

(EDIT: Ok, I have read the whole opening post and it does mention this problem :) )

Yeah, its mostly based on trust, theres no real benefit into lying about the laptime anyway, if the time dont look right i will ask for a video or the replay file :)

Racing / Non production

05:21.991 - Audi R8 Race Car (Audi Team Playstation Oreca) (Feverpitch82) BEATEN

I had to check this R8 didnt have a stage 3 turbo on it but its the stock engine with stage 1 only. Quite amazed how fast this car is.

Racing / Non production

05:23.798 - C60 Hybride Judd Race Car '05 (Feverpitch82) NEW

Didnt think much of this car, nose is really heavy and isnt much fun to drive.

Last edited:
Here is the full list, sorry for all the posts. All racing / non production with stock turbos:

05:27.362 - Mazda 787B '91 (feverpitch82) BEATEN

05:27.848 - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Team Peugeot Total '10 (Feverpitch82) BEATEN

05:21.991 - Audi R8 Race Car (Audi Team Playstation Oreca) (Feverpitch82) BEATEN

05:29.868 - Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99 (Feverpitch82) BEATEN

05:22.003 - Toyota Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89 (Feverpitch82) BEATEN

05:50.058 - BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 (Feverpitch82) BEATEN

05:25.020 - Nissan R92CP Race car '92 (Feverpitch82) BEATEN

05:27:313 - Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03 (Feverpitch82) BEATEN

05:23.798 - C60 Hybride Judd Race Car '05 (Feverpitch82) NEW

When I did GT academy this year, I noticed the top guys were using a very specific cornering technique. I made it my no.1 priority to learn it and my times are tumbling on every RWD car, ive not been able to stop today :)! Ive got videos for every lap if anyone wants to see any of them.

Last edited:
Congratulations, i can see some improvement in your driving :)

Thanks Mike.

Racing Non Production:

05:23.102 - Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car ’89 (Feverpitch82) BEATEN

06:06.785 - Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car (Feverpitch82) BEATEN

05:39.884 - Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06 (Feverpitch82) BEATEN

05:59.781 - Esperante GTR-1 Race Car '98 (Feverpitch82) NEW

I have videos of all my laps if anyone wants to see them. Cheers.

Racing / Non Production

05:26.152 - BMW V12 LMR Race car '99 (Feverpitch82) BEATEN

05:35.709 - Mercedes Benz CLK-LM Race Car '98 (Feverpitch82) BEATEN

Im thinking we must be seeing some speed increases from handling updates? I dont understand where this much speed has come from. I am using a new cornering technique which I noticed the top guys were using on GT academy and it gained me about 2 seconds per lap on twin ring motegi, maybe over 13 miles it works out to alot more than that. It has totally changed my view of how to drive the car, tis v cool.

Im thinking its time to go after one fo the ferrari F1 times.

Racing/Non-Production Vehicles (ALL STOCK)

06:33.898 - Mazda RX-7 TC (Feverpitch82) BEATEN

07:11.545 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Touring car (Feverpitch82) BEATEN

06:51.967 - Subaru Impreza TC (Feverpitch82) BEATEN

06:34.219 - Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA '00 (Feverpitch82) BEATEN

I attempted the Chaparral 2J Race Car '70 time of 6:04 and on a pretty decent lap with no mistakes I was 13 seconds short...something is not right here.

I have videos of all these laps if anyone wants to see them.

I attempted the Chaparral 2J Race Car '70 time of 6:04 and on a pretty decent lap with no mistakes I was 13 seconds short...something is not right here.
I hope you're not calling foul play there, I can personally vouch for GTP_twitchy.

I dont know how many PP the car have stock, but i did 6:02 at 600PP at Time Trial event 34 if i remember, id need to test with full PP, if theres something may be the car had adjusted gearing, diff and suspension and has been placed in the wrong category.

Let's remember to play nice boys, as Mike has said several times this is more of a database than a hot lap competition, and it's all just for fun anyways. :)

I hope you're not calling foul play there, I can personally vouch for GTP_twitchy.
He was banned from the GTP registry because of cheating and bad attitude so 'feverpitch82' has every right to question that lap.

But feverpitch, please use the edit button when you want to post new information and you're the last one to post.

i'll beat his time to prove you wrong ;)
What are you proving with that then?:dopey:

We can't make sure all times on the list are 100% clean.. but if a laptime seems suspicious we could ask for a replay to verify the time. I'm not saying yours is, I doubt it is actually.

Last edited:
So after a long time:

Production:
08:44.750 - Citroën C4 Coupe 2.0 VTS '05 (zedextreme8177) - BEATEN
This has become my favourite FF car to drive around, I love the sound as well :dopey:

07:42.237 - Lotus Esprit V8 '02 (zedextreme8177) - BEATEN
Another one of my new favourites. It handles great in my opinion, and has excellent throttle response despite being turbocharged, and sounds absolutely wicked 👍

07:41.706 - TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00 - UPDATED
I'm actually surprised this car is quicker than the Esprit. It obviously has more power and weighs less, but it just seems so much more relaxed and slower around the circuit than the Esprit (probably due to the much softer suspension). I also was short-shifting the whole way at 6800-7000rpm simply because it sounds much better (it doesn't seem to affect the acceleration too much, though shifting at 7200 would be better according to the powerband). I did the lap with ABS: Off as the real car doesn't have it, no adjustments made to the brake bias or anything :)

Race/Non-Production:
06:08.574 - Chevrolet 2011 Tony Stewart #14 Impala - NEW
The only time I've actually managed to beat my previous own NASCAR laptime :grumpy: I could use a better setup since I'm terrible at suspension tuning. Was run with ABS: Off as I do with all race cars.

There's still some time left in those laps. Including the typical small mistakes on the lap (I have a habit of missing apexes), I was using the H-pattern for all of them, don't really like to use the paddles on manual cars :scared:

Unfortunately, I don't have the free time to update the spreadsheet yet :banghead:

Nice time Zed :) good to see you back with some new times.

And thx Wes and Mac for taking care of the thread i am pretty busy these days. 👍

took me about 30 minutes to relearn the car, but my 1st lap (and my ghost for now) is a 6'04.2
stay tuned, i'll go under 6 if im lucky enough to keep this car under control for the course of one lap lol

Can you tell me what the diferent of Racing/Non-Production Vehicles (ALL STOCK), Racing/Non-Production Vehicles and Production Vehicles?

As described in the first page of the spreadsheet,

-productions category= stock cars, road legal, stock tires

-Racing/Non-Production Vehicules (ALL STOCK) = racing cars or prototype cars stock no adjustment allowed what so ever and using stock tires.

-Racing/Non-Production Vehicules: Adjustment (tuning) allowed, racing soft tires allowed
but NO power adder allowed except oil change and break-in. ....Stock power but tuning allowed using racing soft tires...

:)

Finally! Wow, 2J is THE hardest car to drive on this track for sure (1 clean lap in over 2 hours of trying)!
So much understeer and aerodynamic capabilities of a fridge. The ammount of times I lost it at Kesselchen or under braking before Bergwerk...

At least 4/5 seconds left out there but good luck anyone trying this without active steering, it's crazy.

Racing/Non-Production Vehicles (ALL STOCK)
05:59.135 Chaparral 2J Race Car '70 (GTRoadRunner) UPDATED I mean BEATEN

Anyone having doubts in my integrity as a racer will have a replay, I might upload a video to youtube but I don't want to upload laps which have so much time left on the track, however with this beeing so hard I might do it. haha
Cheers.

Last edited:
I never use active steering, but i can see it help for this car.

If you upload your video, post it here we will add it on the sheet, and since its your first submission, it may be a good thing to post the video, not that its not a impossible time, it doesnt matter, once a video is posted we will not ask other ones unless something look weird. :)

with tuning i guess i could make the car more stable but in stock condition its so unstable, i can feel that it has 42 year old suspension, i cant keep it flat out from bergwerk untill mutkurve, and that says a lot about the difficulty of this car
so, with tuning my honest guess is at least 5:45, possibly 5:40 but without tuning 5:55/56 would be a great lap and my guess of beeing maxxed out is 5:54
i will try this again, i'm always looking for improvements

i remember the tt 600pp, i did it too (enetered top 5 but lost interest quickly), great time from you i recall but i remember that you did use active steering ;)
Ti-tech85 did a sub 6minute lap with as off... crazy, crazy man. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back