Nordschleife Tourist - no other cars?

Yes...just because it's a trackday layout doesn't mean other cars should be running around.
Well, I just don't see the the point of including the layout then tbh. And you can't even set up a custom race to simulate a tourist lap.

But anyway, looks like that's how it's meant to be. Thx!

The timing isn’t even set-up right. I like to run my cars from first timing point to the last at the beginning of the straight and coast to the parking area but the full lap is through the barriers/gates to the first timing point again. Makes no sense 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
The timing isn’t even set-up right. I like to run my cars from first timing point to the last at the beginning of the straight and coast to the parking area but the full lap is through the barriers/gates to the first timing point again. Makes no sense 🤷🏻‍♂️
I agree. A "Bridge to Gantry" timing would be cool.

Still in the habit of yeeting it through the ticket boothe area (as neat as i can trying not to touch the barriers) because of this. I think I'd still do it if the lap ended at the gantry at the beginning of the Dottingher Hohe and then restarted at the bridge. Some kind of speed reducing incentive applied on you until you pass the cone area would be cool, and penalize you for how many seconds you spend going too fast before passing the cones to officially start the next lap at the bridge.
Though there would need to be a slight delay before the speed limit applies just after passing the gantry to dissuade you from decreasing speed too abruptly.

Practice Mode, like there is in GT4, would solve that. Random 19 AI cars each session.
I still will never forget this event back in GT5 Prologue. An option to turn A.I. on or off in time trial would be great.

Still in the habit of yeeting it through the ticket boothe area (as neat as i can trying not to touch the barriers) because of this. I think I'd still do it if the lap ended at the gantry at the beginning of the Dottingher Hohe and then restarted at the bridge. Some kind of speed reducing incentive applied on you until you pass the cone area would be cool, and penalize you for how many seconds you spend going too fast before passing the cones to officially start the next lap at the bridge.
Though there would need to be a slight delay before the speed limit applies just after passing the gantry to dissuade you from decreasing speed too abruptly.

I still will never forget this event back in GT5 Prologue. An option to turn A.I. on or off in time trial would be great.

PD gave us something similar in GT Sport. The Time Trial mission or driving school at Brands Hatch. We have to set a lap time in the GR.4 SLS with other cars circling the track.
The really cool part about it, there are a couple Gr.3 AI cars setting lap times too. So, it's nearly like British GT multi-class(bit of a stretch). ;)

PD gave us something similar in GT Sport. The Time Trial mission or driving school at Brands Hatch. We have to set a lap time in the GR.4 SLS with other cars circling the track.
The really cool part about it, there are a couple Gr.3 AI cars setting lap times too. So, it's nearly like British GT multi-class(bit of a stretch). ;)
Funny why don't I remember that:confused:, either selective memory or I didn't think much of it or something. I'll have to revisit sport to try this again:cool:

Funny why don't I remember that:confused:, either selective memory or I didn't think much of it or something. I'll have to revisit sport to try this again:cool:
Might be players just wanted to get through the driving school and missions to hurry and get the prize cars at the end. I know that’s why I did it.
Found my post from September 2020:
One more thing about the multi-class requests. In the Mission Challenge TT, using the Gr.4 SLS, once completed, watch the replay.

Players notice the AI cars are slow flashing their hazards. One or two cars are driving at speed(I think it's a Gr.4 4C). Flicking through the cars ahead and behind, there are a couple GT3 cars on the track!
You'll never see them while you're setting your time.

It's another feature PD haven't added in Custom Race, Single Race, GT League and Sport Mode. Yet, we see plenty of multi-class pics in teaser pics(like GR.4 cars on the track with N- class cars) before GT Sport debuted.

Back