North Korea, Sanctions, and Kim Jong-un

Bulgaria
Canada
EDIT:

Because of General Discussion about North Korea, this thread will be re-titled.

Read the full article:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17661219

The first thing that came to my mind was Homefront. But I mean what does "peaceful purposes" mean?

"Pyongyang has previously said the launch, for "peaceful purposes", is to mark the centennial of the birth of founding leader Kim Il-sung on 15 April."

I'm just curious what the point of it is? Are they just going to send it up like Sputnik with a around the world lap counter?

Last edited:
Maybe it's just a really, really big firecracker. One with the pretty, pretty lights and the big, big mushroom cloud. You know, the one that would wipe a city of the map if it accidentally went off-course and crashed into South Korea.

This is really stupid. What a waste of resources.

This is really stupid. What a waste of resources.

Aww... come on. Whenever you have choice between (test)rocket launch vs. eating to survive..... like literally, people are starving to death, you spend that cold hard cash on the rocket every time. :D

They are not completely stupid though. You know they do this to gain political leverage, so they can beg for more energy & rice. Who needs to invest in industries & agriculture when you can just beg with the missiles you made. :)

Yeah, I know. I wonder if war will ever be outdated. Seems like such a barbaric thing these days with all the posturing.

Yeah, I know. I wonder if war will ever be outdated. Seems like such a barbaric thing these days with all the posturing.
I don't think it will end any time soon. There is no profit in peace to too many powerful figures, as it's about the control. Control of materials, economy, etc., etc. And those who truly control those things, they are not the Obamas, Bushes, or are voted into offices.

It has always been about the posturing & wars. If that ended one day, it would be something completely new for the mankind.

"And if anybody starts getting nosy, just, you know, shoot 'em. Politely."

Or "dismiss with extreme prejudice"? :dopey:

Is it just me or does this remind me of that game "Homefront"?

Seeing as most of their missiles end up in the sea of japan, I think they are looking at it all wrong. They should make an Inter-Continental Submerged Missile :sly:.

Then we will really be scared, I can imagine the military briefing meets with the President now. Oh the lulz.

They're probably sending a rocket because it being in the sky is the only way to stop Kim Jong-Un from eating it.

It looks like the path is going to go directly south towards the Phillipines so nowhere near Japan but could get close to South Korea.

They have started the fuelling process now so the launch must be in the next day or two.

Every time North Korea is mentioned I can't help but think of this video (especially the first part.)

I can't take anything in north korea seriously, the bbc has a reporter in north korea, he did a report last night on when he was shown around a modern factory in NK, he said all of the workers stood around doing nothing and when they did they loaded finished products back into the start of the machine so it at least looked like they were doing something. I doubt that this rocket launch will come to anything.

I can't wait to hear the excuse.

Will it be the classic American sabotage" or something more positive like "we meant to do that"?

I expect it will be something more like "Rocket? What rocket? We didn't launch a rocket. If there was a rocket, it wasn't ours."

Yeah. They in fact launched a ballistic missile. And it failed miserably.

Let's get some clarity here...

Like I said:
Seeing as most of their missiles end up in the sea of japan, I think they are looking at it all wrong. They should make an Inter-Continental Submerged Missile :sly:.

Then we will really be scared, I can imagine the military briefing meets with the President now. Oh the lulz.

No, North Korea haven't been in touch with me recently. I will let you know as soon as possible when they do with their plans for that!

:D

Back