Not enough free space for replay :-

• Thread starter redhed17
  • 75 comments
I have the same problem. Why is it always 5mb?
Sometimes it just doesn't react when you go to replay, perhaps I missed caption while racing. What use it that, I can't stop to release some space. Well I could, but the race would continue and I would be penalised for bad Sportsmanship I guess.
Some sort of explanation from PD would be nice, or have we missed it in the manual?

Well I just this minute cleared my temporary cache and it told me there is 901mb of free space (wherever?). Went to Campaign mode to do an Oval cash builder and got the message again (free up 5MB of disk space). So it's not the cache of temporary files.

I don't know if this gives any feedback but I wonder if the issue might be down to the game simply reading the free space on the
PS4 incorrectly?

At the moment I am playing on three accounts (two offline and one I use for online racing) and my main online account has the
error about not enough space to save replays because I have saved too many since October (which I could delete from my library
if the uploader worked for online races :irked:)

However my other two offline account which have nothing saved in My Library it also generates the error message Not Enough
Space to Save Reply/Photo's. so it seems like the save file for the PS4 is somehow reading the disc space wrong or somehow
the save data for all users on the console is linked in one file?

It would be good if we could get the option to export the videos as well as the photo's because that way I wouldn't have to loose
the online race memories I'm trying to keep, I have the Ps4 share video's but it's not quite the same as watching the in game
replays.

(they are not saved on your hard drive).
They are. Replays, along with photos, are saved in the game data space. I know this because I've lost them all twice after having to delete the game data and performing a fresh install because of the main menu freeze bug.

This issue is incredibly infuriating. So many great races I couldn't save the replay for and I like to watch parts of every race back but can't anymore. So many replays that crash the game if I skip through. I can't believe in all this time they still haven't fixed it. I can't tell if it's one of the most unlikely glitches ever or whether it's one of the most unjustifiable development decisions ever.

I have two accounts and they are directly in sync with the replay limit like darth says. If I delete one from one account I can then save one on the other but then I can't save on the first one again and vice versa. It could be the game is reading available space wrong as darth says. It could also be a Playstation problem rather than a Gran Turismo problem e.g. all games have a set limit of data they can save. That is, unless anyone can confirm they've saved 100GB of Project CARS/Assetto Corsa replays on PS4? Maybe there are types of data a game can save with different limits and the game is listing it as temporary data instead of saved game or something therefore having a smaller limit?

I have over 800Gb of space on my PS4, so imho it has nothing to do with space on the machine, rather than space PD give you on their servers. They don't tell you how much space they give you, so apart from the 5Mb message, there is little chance of being able to manage it.

As for PD fixing it, do they know of the problem? :(

Last edited:
SO, I also have had the same problem. Somewhere I remember seeing 5G as a limit for memory during the saving of replays. However, I didn't think this would prevent us from taking scapes. I can't do any scape pics because of the need to free up 4 or 5mb of memory.
I deleted replays and older scapes and still the same issue.
So, at this point, I am just occasionally interacting with GT Sport.

I know the new July update is coming, but with the memory issue, I can't see my interests staying up.
Hopefully, one day, they will address this insidious problem.

I just can't help saying this - in GT6 days, I saved about 1,400 replays and there was no sign of the game stressing out about it.

I'm extremely disappointed that there are no Export Replay & Import Replay options in GT Sport like there were in previous GT games. I had over 400 replays in GT5, & over 100 replays in GT6, with no problems whatsoever. I haven't come across the 5mb bug yet, but it sounds absolutely awful for guys like us who love replays.

:nervous:

VBR
I'm extremely disappointed that there are no Export Replay & Import Replay options in GT Sport
Yep it's very disappointing indeed.

I have over 500 replay files that I would love to export to USB simply because my GT Sport installation is broken since update 1.20 (I cannot do any Circuit Exp or Missions, the game freezes on hitting the event entry button, and I cannot load any ghost replays in time trials) and so I really need to delete the game and re-install freshly to fix this, but I will lose them all if I do, which would be a shame. :(

I've already had to do it once earlier in the year to fix the same bloody issue, tho it only affected Circuit Exp that time. :irked:

Last edited:
Yep it's very disappointing indeed.

I have over 500 replay files that I would love to export to USB simply because my GT Sport installation is broken since update 1.20 (I cannot do any Circuit Exp or Missions, the game freezes on hitting the event entry button, and I cannot load any ghost replays in time trials) and so I really need to delete the game and re-install freshly to fix this, but I will lose them all if I do, which would be a shame. :(

I've already had to do it once earlier in the year to fix the same bloody issue, tho it only affected Circuit Exp that time. :irked:
I think you can share them publicly and download them again after reinstalling.

Hoping this is accurate.

I was about to ask if this was possible as I've been doing this with quite a few of my replays.

Some I'll just delete but others have some good battles.

Top right hand corner is saying I've 38 saved and 2.2gb of free space remaining.

So far I've shared 13 of these.

I'll have a little experiment later and delete one I've shared to see if it remains in the discover section.

Hello. I've just done an offline race, and went to look at the replay and got the message that there was not enough free space, and to free up 5Mb. Now I may be a bit dim, but free up space from where? I have 860Gb on the machine. :confused: With 860Gb free on my machine I didn't expect to get any messages about lack of memory. :irked:

Has anyone else had this message? I did a quick search but couldn't find anything, and haven't seem this mentioned before. :confused:

Does it mean what gets uploaded to the PD servers? If so, where can I see how much space/memory I have used/can use?
I beleive the issue is with the GTS. Ot seems to only allow users about 4Gbs of space for decals, liveries, replays and photos. I would bet that your capacity is full or nearly full. You may need to clear out some files. Photos can be transfered by doing a screen shot of the photos to the system and then deletw the original GTS photo file from your library.

The videos could be off-oaded the same way or by uploading them to a cloud service, like YouTube or other.

Jist something to think about.

Yeaaaah...ummmm... I'm not gonna sit there and upload 500+ mostly irrelevant time trial replays and type out the required text for each one too.

I'd much rather be able to batch save them to a USB drive. I still have all of my GT5/6 replay files on the USB drive.

Yeaaaah...ummmm... I'm not gonna sit there and upload 500+ mostly irrelevant time trial replays and type out the required text for each one too.

I'd much rather be able to batch save them to a USB drive. I still have all of my GT5/6 replay files on the USB drive.
Ok

We can only hope that PD have some changes coming up with the new DLC or a future system bug fixes update.

I personally have got on top of the replays issue by ensuring I do weekly uploads of my replays to the server but I never thought about adding them to favourites or then bookmarking them so I may experiment with that later.

Have been meaning to do some work on testing this again but the current overall limit for the internal game memory space is 5GB
worth of data which is Scapes Photo's, Race Photo's, Replays.

Car Liveries, Race Suits & Helmets do not count towards the storage space of my library but they do affect the number of liveries you can bookmark which is daft.

I'll do some checking when the new DLC update is here to see if any changes were made to this.

is there any way to back up replay and photo it keep telling me i have no room left to save more ????
Photos can (going from memory alone, I'm not at my PS4) be directly exported to USB. The only way to "back up" replays is to share them to the GTS website.

Photos can (going from memory alone, I'm not at my PS4) be directly exported to USB. The only way to "back up" replays is to share them to the GTS website.

There is no way I can’t back up to my USB 4tb hdd, only photos that sux I have a lot of my leage race some are 40 min some are 1 hour I want to keep them

There is no way I can’t back up to my USB 4tb hdd, only photos that sux I have a lot of my leage race some are 40 min some are 1 hour I want to keep them

The only way you can do it without uploading to the website is to use Shareplay to record the replay by letting it play through and then press the
share button and square to save.

This is my new method for ensuring I keep my replays or just saving the race after it finishes.

No replays saved, no photos saved, 40 liveries saved and a terabyte of free hard drive space. Why the hell can't I save a thing? It's the only reason why I've not run the GTP WRS.

Been playing since launch. First real unacceptable problem is this.

Only showed up yesterday (04/05/2019). I have:

44 scapes photos
120 race photos
315 replays

Pretty lame, as I have plenty of system storage AND a 2TB extended storage drive. Would love to hear a rational explanation from PD on why there's limits on this...

This is bad enough that I made a GTP account for the first time just to report this.

Would love to hear a rational explanation from PD on why there's limits on this...
As replays (and photos) are saved with game data (and are deleted if you ever uninstall the game itself) I have a sneaking suspicion that the limit of user savable data (distinct from game save (status) data) is one imposed by Sony rather than PD. It would not surprise me if the (3gb'ish) limit is applied to, and reserved for, every game as some sort of "experience assurance" method so that users can't go crazy and fill up their hard-drives, with user savable data, to the detriment of being able to install other games/updates.

Granted, in a ideal world, we'd be able to use whatever space is physically available but tech companies often do things like this to save themselves hassle from average (i.e. incredibly stupid) customers; the kind of customer that would buy a 500gb PS4, fill it up with user savable data from one game, then endlessly complain on Twitter or forums because "PS4 is ****, it can only install 2 games" or "Sony rip off... 1 game filled up mem, wot kind of morons r they?", etc, etc. Yes, its inconvenient for us but never underestimate the noise idiots can make (look at Brexiteers in the UK).

Granted, in a ideal world, we'd be able to use whatever space is physically available but tech companies often do things like this to save themselves hassle from average (i.e. incredibly stupid) customers; the kind of customer that would buy a 500gb PS4, fill it up with user savable data from one game, then endlessly complain on Twitter or forums because "PS4 is ****, it can only install 2 games" or "Sony rip off... 1 game filled up mem, wot kind of morons r they?", etc, etc. Yes, its inconvenient for us but never underestimate the noise idiots can make (look at Brexiteers in the UK).
A simple message saying how much space each game needs, and for the game to also check before installation to warn the user if there is not enough space. I have about 4-5 games, but generally only play GT Sport, so to have a 1TB machine with hundreds of GB's free is just a waste. And it is not as if you can use the space for anything else as you could with the PS3. :rolleyes: I should have paid a bit more and got the PS4 Pro, but got attracted to the GT Sport Bundle with the GT branded PS4. :rolleyes:

But there is something PD could do, and that would be to give us the options to export/import all of those local data files (in batch mode) to an external drive so that we needn't lose any by deletion just to save more recent files.

That is all we need and wish for.

This is the definitive word on the subject:
Ah, so my suspicion was correct then.

But there is something PD could do, and that would be to give us the options to export/import all of those local data files (in batch mode) to an external drive so that we needn't lose any by deletion just to save more recent files.

That is all we need and wish for.
It may not be a thing that PD can do something about though, not if Sony have limited the types of files that can be exported to USB (for instance limited to MP4, JPG and PNG file types).

Last edited:
I have 99 scape photos, 61 race photos, and 156 replays (largest were Tokyo Gr.3 and Sarthe Gr.1 GT League enduros). My save data on disk is around 300 MB (both replays were larger than disk save data size).

And now the game stops me from recording new replays.

I have 99 scape photos, 61 race photos, and 156 replays (largest were Tokyo Gr.3 and Sarthe Gr.1 GT League enduros). My save data on disk is around 300 MB (both replays were larger than disk save data size).

And now the game stops me from recording new replays.

1) Do you have enough physical space left on the PS4 hard-drive?
2) Do you use multiple PS4 user accounts to play GTS? (Save space of 3gb, limited by Sony, is shared across all user accounts)

1) Do you have enough physical space left on the PS4 hard-drive?
2) Do you use multiple PS4 user accounts to play GTS? (Save space of 3gb, limited by Sony, is shared across all user accounts)
I exclusively play GTS on it and there's no other users on said PS4.

Back