Not even January?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ppucci
  • 38 comments
  • 2,451 views
That's simply because there's no confirmed date. Q1 2005 could mean anytime from Janurary to March.. do you expect them to list it in all three months? Or none at all, until a confirmed date?

Based on current information, logic dictates the game will hit sometime in the first two weeks of January, shortly after the Japanese release, just as it's always been.
 
You know guys, I've been reading all these threads about the just anounced delay and really,in the greater scheme of things It's not that bad. On 28th Dec we will know everything about our beloved GT4.And I'm shure after the Japanese release the ball will start rolling for the other regions.
 
Mr P510
You know guys, I've been reading all these threads about the just anounced delay and really,in the greater scheme of things It's not that bad. On 28th Dec we will know everything about our beloved GT4.And I'm sure after the Japanese release the ball will start rolling for the other regions.

Well said. Nothing like watching people blow things totally out of proportion.

According to the information we have, the logical answer is that we'll have GT4 in the first two weeks of January. After all, when the Japanese date was 12/3, the American release was only eleven days after it... less than two weeks for the localization to America. There's NO reason to believe it will be any different now. If the game is on Japanese shelves on 12/28, I believe we can still expect the American version within two weeks.

Call me a Vulcan if you like, but it's simple logic.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But that'll mean that Sony took a very illogical path to releasing the game, which makes it nearly impossible to predict anyway.

I'm no happier than any of you to see the game delayed. But I also see nothing productive in whining about it... all your complaining isn't going to change the release date. Does it make you feel better or something?
 
you speak of vulcan knowledge but you say your a jedi. hummmmmmm
meza thinks youz confuzed. :) :)

its just a little bit longer
 
Jedi2016
Well said. Nothing like watching people blow things totally out of proportion.

According to the information we have, the logical answer is that we'll have GT4 in the first two weeks of January. After all, when the Japanese date was 12/3, the American release was only eleven days after it... less than two weeks for the localization to America. There's NO reason to believe it will be any different now. If the game is on Japanese shelves on 12/28, I believe we can still expect the American version within two weeks.

Call me a Vulcan if you like, but it's simple logic.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But that'll mean that Sony took a very illogical path to releasing the game, which makes it nearly impossible to predict anyway.

I'm no happier than any of you to see the game delayed. But I also see nothing productive in whining about it... all your complaining isn't going to change the release date. Does it make you feel better or something?

Well said...Sony better have a pretty good excuse if it's not released in January if it is released in Japan on December 28th. I don't see ANY reason why it would be delayed 3 months in the US after Japan's release.
 
camaro454
you speak of vulcan knowledge but you say your a jedi. hummmmmmm
meza thinks youz confuzed. :) :)

Actually, Vulcans and Jedi are very much alike.. Calm, at peace. Not allowing themselves to get caught up in emotional entanglements (like getting angry over a release date). Thinking things through before opening their mouths or entering a certain situation. Except Jedi have the added bonus of the Force and a lightsaber.. :)

Okay, back on topic, back on topic...

My money's on early January.
 
Jedi2016
Actually, Vulcans and Jedi are very much alike.. Calm, at peace. Not allowing themselves to get caught up in emotional entanglements (like getting angry over a release date). Thinking things through before opening their mouths or entering a certain situation. Except Jedi have the added bonus of the Force and a lightsaber.. :)

Okay, back on topic, back on topic...

My money's on early January.

I'll put half my money on January 👍 ...you know PD though... :nervous:
 
Maybe I'm one of the few looking at this issue from a conservative perspective. Like I said, I'm mad myself about how this all came down. The game will come out sooner, if not later. It will be weird understanding the specifics of the delay. I read something about "territories and regions" or something like that. I agree with Spawn9999999 about the March 2005 date as being a conservative date. Who knows? We may get it on New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, St. Patricks Day, the start of the NCAA Final Four, anything. Don't give up on PD, folks. Even they admitted it was a tough decision to delay the game more even with the Going Gold deal. Just a bit more patience. It isn't like PD is hiding GT4 from us. I don't know any game company that would even come up with such a thing.

Just a little more patience. ¿Por favor?
 
Could be that they're getting their own back for being beaten in WW2 💡 jk
 
At the end of the day, it might not be a bad thing that GT4 is delayed. I bought this week TOCA 2 and I just realized how far the Gran Turismo series has come in terms of realizm, entertainment and overall difficulty of the game. Consequently, it's better is PD make sure that everything is perfect before they release the game.
 
Everytime I have heard about delays I have thought "well that's OK, they are refining it and adding new cars and tracks". But now that it is officially finished I really can't see the reason for another delay (well I guess there could be some new gliches).PD better get it out soon.
 
Someone at scea is just lovin' to dick around with us with this release date.....
 
do you guys think this game is going to live up to its hype? do you know a game called fable delayed time and time again and it was a good game but not worth the wait.
 
It'll live up to it, as has every other GT game in the series.
 
there you go. just keep that date in mind so then when it comes out before that you'll be excited. well maybe.
 
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1319081&postcount=19

This was a post from "213101." I'm sure people still liked Fable even with the delays (I don't follow XBOX games much, so I don't know about such things). All I know is that "Malice" was delayed a lot and ended up as a gaming turkey. GT4 will have to be as fun and refreshing at GT1, avoid the fallacies of GT2, and execute extreme OWNAGE to GT4. Will GT4 deliver all three objectives? Hell yes. I'm an optomist on this. I can forgive PD, and I can wait. If Fable was delayed and still would be a great game, so can GT4. I wouldn't overrule this game as being "much better had it been released a lot sooner." I'd want it early, but that's how things go. Can't have it all.

So here's a question I'd ask all of you. I talk about "forgiving PD" for these delays. But when do delays come to a point where a GT fan isn't going to forgive PD for delay after delay? What decides when a GT fan should simply let go of GT4 and look for a better/alternative game title?
 
This is why I dislike delays.

Because of these dumb threads like this that repeat themselves.
 
I don't think a comparison to "Fable" is quite the same.. As I recall, Fable wasn't delayed to make it better, it was delayed to make it work, period. Whereas GT4 has always worked.. Prologue is testament to that. The last year has indeed been spent just making it better.

Delays mean nothing to me as a GT fan.. regardless of when the game comes out, I WILL buy it, period. I was a fan of GT since before I ever played it.. the hype on GT1 was enough to get me to run out and buy it on release day, along with a DualShock controller. And I have yet to be let down by any of the sequels, and I won't be let down by GT4. All the delay does is make me go buy other games to play in the meantime.. but this isn't "competition" or "finding alternatives", it's just "passing the time".
 
It's just the way they keep bringing it forward, then pulling it back at the last second.

It's like taking candy from a baby except instead of taking it, you gradually move it closer until the baby tries to grab it. Then you pull it away. Then the baby starts crying. Then you do it again. Then the baby cries again.
 
MadduckUK
and the baby grows up emotionally scarred

and will eventually look back to find someone to blame and to point the finger at for all the resentment they feel. :trouble:
 
And then he will try to kill or rape somebody because of his emotional problems :nervous:
 
I have a question for everybody.
Could this rash on my neck be cured by Gran Turismo 4?

I might have picked up some nasty bug in Los Santos...
 
Back