I don't have a problem with the delay, since a few weeks back, Europe was going to have to wait months for "localisation" issues.
Now the game went Gold, but now it's not anymore, how does that actually happen?
I'm sure there is something really weird going on here... This isn't just a normal bug hunt or error I would guess. How could it have gone Gold in the first place if it still had bugs in it.
They've had over a year of delays, and in that time could have been checking and bug fixing. I'd expect the version planned to be released within a few weeks for christmas in the US and Japan, was nigh on perfect for it to have gone gold.
There must be something else happening, it's not often a game goes gold, then goes back for "tweaks"...
An honest answer for the delays would be nice, but it's the usual, gameplay and quality control from Sony and PD. Why would it have gone gold if there was still so much wrong with it?
My guess is that either they are totally useless at bug testing and keeping up to projected dates, or they have finished it all, and Sony/PD have decided last minute to incorporate something they have been testing and just needs to be dropped in.
Seeing as it's a new year release, could that mean maybe a car lisencing runs out or PD get a lisence (Porsche Ferrari??), or maybe multiplayer?
Like I said, why would it go gold and then suddenly be turned around and be released again just 4 weeks later in Japan, missing the christmas boom, but going into 2005?
Something weird, I just hope they don't keep getting "new" last minute ideas every month and push it on and on and on making it better and better but never letting us use it!
Dave