Not getting paid for Death Valley Seasonal

Border collie hair :lol:. Lets get serious on this issue now, I don't know why are some players are having this problem and some are not or is it random issue or a thing called the internet might be the problem. You would think if the problem was that event every player would be experiencing a problem.

This is why i'm intrigued about what triggers it.
I have excellent internet, and no problem with any other internet-related activity. The only problem I've ever had on the internet has been a PS3-related issue - and all others who use the two service providers we have hooked up have no problem.
Again the only time my PS3 has frozen up has been on GT5 or GT6.
So - for me at least, I've narrowed it down to a PS3 problem - and so far only with SEN/PD.
But, I'm just wondering if there are other variables other than the most obvious.

Send the collie over to me. :)

I've had this happen to me (ding, ding, ding freeze - quit GT6) 4 times, once 5th three times 1st. So only valid result is 15th - my first try. Only this event!!! Grrrr

Sorry posted under Death Valley but this happens at Sierra seasonal! My bad.

Last edited:
I have the same lock up problem. I'm using the 2j and can finish no higher than 8th.
OK, I can add a bit of info here. As I said earlier I have 3 different entities in GT-6 with a fresh install from the internet/ Sony. My original disc has been destroyed by me after a fit of rage with unfair seasonals. So, a fresh install of the whole game on my (fairly new) 500 GB PS3. All 3 entities were saved from my former game with Super licences and the game about 70% complete, and lots of cars. My core entity, the entity I log in with, (SkypilotRV4) played the DeathValley race with the Chaparal 2D which handles the race very nicely with only one pit stop and times averaging around 2:22 with race hards on front and Race mediums on rear. So, I won and got the bazillion dollars and the dumb and dumber Tank Car, and all was well. Then I duplicated the race with entity Number 3, Mustangxr, and the same results. Then I did everything the same with entity number 2, O.Henry, and got the lockup situation. I run that race/entity every day with the same result..... no payout and a lockup. I have about 7 wins so far without a payout. One day I ran it 3 different times with 3 wins and no payout. A silver lining in all this is that I learned the Death Valley course pretty well, which is a new course for me.

All of the entities had room for the payout in the bank except for one and that one was filled to the 50 Mil limit with the payout.

The entity that cannot receive the Death Vally payout has no other issues with gameplay/racing. All three entities raced the Audi S1 Pikes Peak Rally car in the Andalucia circuit and there was no issue with 1st place payout for all three. I have not tried to get a 2nd or 3rd with the problem entity at Death Valley. I guess that would be the next troubleshooting step.

Maybe someone else can figure this out?
Cheers, Pete

Ok so I'm a sucker for punishment. Or maybe I'm just enjoying kicking skulls at death valley Pro Bono!..Three wins and still no payout and no trophy to show for it..Black screen, logo, ding, ding, ding...But I still enjoy the thrill of the chase.

Or as Rowdy Roddy Piper once said "I have come here to chew bubble gum and to kick some ass..And I'm all out of bubble gum"!

Race 1 - Acura RSX - ranking 15th - skipped replay - no crash
Race 2 - Shelby Daytona - 5th - skipped replay - crashed
Race 3 - Shelby Daytona - 3rd - skipped replay - crashed
Race 4 - Deltawing - 1st - watched replay - crashed
Race 5 to 8 - Panoz Esperante - 2nd to 7th - skipped replay - crashed

I guess there is no problem with the car, as the game crashes with different cars. It's not the replay either, as it still happens when i skip it. It doesn't seem to be the track, as this happens on Sierra and Death Valley.

In my case the game always crashes after the replay. My conclusion is that something is wrong with the payout. PD must have changed it, because usually you can get multiple payouts but not in the holiday seasonals.

I haven't played these holiday seasonals much, but add me to the list of people that experienced the system crashing 'ding ding ding'.

Only happened once, on the Desert Valley event if my memory serves.

I have a question for those who have been affected...

How many of you have the "modified" versions of custom tracks??? By this I mean the "extra long" versions of certain course maker tracks as an example.

I had some of these tracks, had troubles with lockups etc., got rid of them and have had no problems since.

Cheers

Never had any custom tracks. The game is completely original. Maybe i own too many cars (1600+). But only 2 of them are in the garage.

How many of you have the "modified" versions of custom tracks??? By this I mean the "extra long" versions of certain course maker tracks as an example.

I had some of these tracks, had troubles with lockups etc., got rid of them and have had no problems since.

Cheers

I had a modified extended run track for about a day but deleted it before running these seasonals.

As a side note I had downloaded this 'long range' modified track on my app which is why I believe the app ultimately crashed. I'm staying away from anything modified in the future. I had very little to no issues with GT6 up until that point.

Cheers
I don't have any of those tracks, and it crashes for me every time
I should have been paid for one time I won and other times placed. Nothing.

Rit
Win two and strike two!..Another 25mins gone and no trophys. Just a black screen again and that damn logo. I'm done with this crap!..:mad:
That has happened to me three times. I hate it!! PD, fix your game

Jack I have given up on the awards and the money and now I simply do it for the fun of it...Happy New Year to all and to all good night!

Can anyone confirm at which position the events start paying out? Does 10th place pay? It crashed when I've finished 2nd and 10th, bot not dead last.

Anyway, I'm still convinced this crashing issue is profile related. Nothing to do with your car, your number of credits, the login bonus, whether or not you watch the replay, or your internet connection, etc.

I think @Baron Blitz Red is onto something with the downloading of hacked course maker tracks. Maybe your PSN profile picks up a bug/glitch/virus that doesn't work well with this event. If it's true, I wouldn't expect any fixes.

Just had a go at not being in the payout zone. Finished 13th and the game didn't crash! I'm convinced the crash has to do with the payout. I guess there's an overflow of a counter that doesn't affect every player or something similar. I'm trying to finish 12th now, as i think this is the lowest finish for the payout. I assume the game will crash again.

Sorry for the double post. But this is interesting:

After i finished outside the money ranks the game didn't crash and now it doesn't crash at all. Finished 12th and 11th and i got payed.

Sorry for the double post. But this is interesting:

After i finished outside the money ranks the game didn't crash and now it doesn't crash at all. Finished 12th and 11th and i got payed.

I think you may be on to something here.
I have never gotten paid even though I have won that race a million time.
I purposely finished 15th after reading your post and the game did not crash for the first time.
I have not tried the race again but I will try to go for a higher finish next time and see if the game will crash and whether or not I get paid.

The Sony PSN maintenance from yesterday didn't change anything. Ran the Andalucia race, finished 4th and the game crashed per usual.

I may not get to try this again tonight, but thought I'd clear the cache and see what happens. Anyone else try clearing the cache yet?

Last edited:
Okay, I tried to clean some cache and remove some games that I do not play anymore. No effect.
I rebuild the database. No effect.

I drove myself to 13th place. Everything works, but no money
I drove myself to 6th place. Everythin worked and I get paid.
Then I drove myself to the 1st place and tadaa. Everything works as it shoul.

Of course there is a possibility that this was a coincidence but you can try. I would like to hear if it works for you too.

Also, after my 6th place I accidently went away from the seasonals, so you don't have to drive those positions in a same session. Not sure about that though as my case may be coincidence like I said.

Okay folks, looks like this works. At least for me it did.
Go to safe mode. Rebuild database (you will lose all your videos, music and messages (not the game data though)
Play and enjoy the prizes. No ding ding

Few things I'm not sure, but using about 12 hours to this.....
1. I was 13th on a first run, then 1st. Not sure if this has nothing to do with freezing.
2. Not sure if rebuilding database is necessary or it is just the safe mode.
3. If you turn off your ps3, you have to do that safe mode thing again for another seasonal.

Please tell me if this works for you.
Naturally I can't take anything responsibility about these instructions of mine.

http://community.us.playstation.com...o-access-Playstation-3-SAFE-MODE/td-p/5812274

Okay, I tried to clean some cache and remove some games that I do not play anymore. No effect.
I rebuild the database. No effect.

I drove myself to 13th place. Everything works, but no money
I drove myself to 6th place. Everythin worked and I get paid.
Then I drove myself to the 1st place and tadaa. Everything works as it shoul.

Of course there is a possibility that this was a coincidence but you can try. I would like to hear if it works for you too.

Also, after my 6th place I accidently went away from the seasonals, so you don't have to drive those positions in a same session. Not sure about that though as my case may be coincidence like I said.

Interesting strategy, I didn't have this problem with Death Valley, but are having it with Andalucia. Think I will try this there.

Go to safe mode. Rebuild database (you will lose all your videos, music and messages (not the game data though)

1. I was 13th on a first run, then 1st. Not sure if this has nothing to do with freezing.
3. If you turn off your ps3, you have to do that safe mode thing again for another seasonal.

Naturally I can't take anything responsibility about these instructions of mine.

http://community.us.playstation.com...o-access-Playstation-3-SAFE-MODE/td-p/5812274

Didn't go to these lengths, but turned off my personal music and set the default instead. Still crashed. I'm going to just wait for the next round of Seasonals this upcoming week. Officially done with the Holiday events.

Rebuilding the database in safe mode "did not" help me. Still can not win Andalusia event (different cars) without freezing the PS3.

The problem is definitely triggered by the payout.

It only happens when the game tries to pay you. But since you can only get paid once for reaching a position, once you get paid for 1st place you won't have the problem anymore.
I tried something similar to what you did and the game does not freeze when I finished 15th, but it froze when I finished 3rd.

So if you finish lower than 12th it looks like it does not freeze because it is the last paying position.

Someone tell PD to release an update to fix this?

Back