Not good at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've only been on here since Saturday.
What kind of argument is that? So what, because he made the account less than a week ago, what he’s saying doesn’t have as much weight as what you say? Well by that logic, I outrank you by nine years (Actually almost by 20 - I had a previous account back at the start of the millennia, but I didn’t use it for a couple of years, and a I don’t know if it got deleted or I forgot both username and password 🤦🏻‍♂️😄)
And I agree with him.
This game is severely lacking content in some areas. Content that used to be there in previous games. Content that they have, let’s give them the benefit of the doubt, forgotten to put in again.
And it is inexcusable

What kind of argument is that? So what, because he made the account less than a week ago, what he’s saying doesn’t have as much weight as what you say? Well by that logic, I outrank you by nine years (Actually almost by 20 - I had a previous account back at the start of the millennia, but I didn’t use it for a couple of years, and a I don’t know if it got deleted or I forgot both username and password 🤦🏻‍♂️😄)
And I agree with him.
This game is severely lacking content in some areas. Content that used to be there in previous games. Content that they have, let’s give them the benefit of the doubt, forgotten to put in again.
And it is inexcusable
To his defense, I think he was just pointing out that I might have missed what was discussed in the past.

It's really quite evident that the more I play this game, the more the phrase 'wide as an ocean, shallow as a puddle' does a good job in describing GT7.

There's aspects which, on the surface at least, are great sounding, and hell even work in execution, but are invariably brought down either by Polyphony's patented baffling design choices or, more then likely, by Polyphony's desire to bring the game more in a freemium direction. A return to a classic career mode! Too bad you're mostly stuck doing one off races and championships are few and far between, and the Menu system basically serves as the game's main campaign mode, which still hand holds you for most of it anyway. Customization has finally been overhauled and revamped! Hell, I'd probably rate it as better then Forza by this point, but still nowhere close to the personalization that Ghost's NFS games provide, and as someone upthread said, the fact of the matter is that outside of a few specific cars (and really, the Wide Body conversions) most of it is shared between the car list. People give guff to Forza Aero, but at least a good amount of popular vehicles in FH4/5 have unique and licensed bodykits where GT7 has jack. And of course, the fact that engine swaps are locked behind roulette spins.

More of a focus on road cars! Except most of them are lifted from GT Sport wholesale, and PD's reticence on adding modern road cars of the past half decade is becoming more evident and frustrating. And of course, the elephant in the room being that it's getting clear, a week on, that the in game economy was designed around artificial scarcity, and also designed out of giving cash rewards equivalent of peanuts, forcing people to grind to an untenable degree compared to older GT titles, while also providing a clear lane towards micro-transactions as an 'easy' way out (but still needing to give massive amounts of money towards PD if you have any desire of going that route in order to buy any of the 20 million credit cars)

Like, it's very clear what Polyphony is doing and to be honest, people should be ruthlessly critical towards it all. It's clear that Polyphony are making clear mistakes, and it's also incredibly clear that they are going down some very dark places that very few devs, especially in the racing game space but also in general are not going to anymore. I'd hope that would at least garner some honest criticism, but it's getting increasingly clear that this sub forum is operating under increasingly cult like mindsets where apparently everything is fine. It isn't, not by a long shot.

Ironically you could go play Project Cars 2 now for the PS5, and get better physics, more tracks, over 100 unique cars, tons of content, championships, single player, hot laps, it's endless.

And arguably better graphics than GT7

And to top it off, you can probably pick it up for 10 bucks at your local used video game store.
Haha, what?

The takes I see here get crazier every day.

Last edited:
That's a load

I too have hundreds of hours in PC2. Its physics model is vastly superior to GT7. Not even in question. You can keep a car on the edge you can bounce it through the turns you can skip the tires..
It's not as precise as ACC, or AMS oni racing, but it's not even a comparison with GT7.

GT7 is a freaking joke.

Did you just say Project Cars 2 looks better than GT7 on PS5? Did you actually even play it on PS5?

This has to be the most unintentionally funny thing I've read on this forum in a long time, never change GTPlanet. 😄

It's really quite evident that the more I play this game, the more the phrase 'wide as an ocean, shallow as a puddle' does a good job in describing GT7.

There's aspects which, on the surface at least, are great sounding, and hell even work in execution, but are invariably brought down either by Polyphony's patented baffling design choices or, more then likely, by Polyphony's desire to bring the game more in a freemium direction. A return to a classic career mode! Too bad you're mostly stuck doing one off races and championships are few and far between, and the Menu system basically serves as the game's main campaign mode, which still hand holds you for most of it anyway. Customization has finally been overhauled and revamped! Hell, I'd probably rate it as better then Forza by this point, but still nowhere close to the personalization that Ghost's NFS games provide, and as someone upthread said, the fact of the matter is that outside of a few specific cars (and really, the Wide Body conversions) most of it is shared between the car list. People give guff to Forza Aero, but at least a good amount of popular vehicles in FH4/5 have unique and licensed bodykits where GT7 has jack. And of course, the fact that engine swaps are locked behind roulette spins.

More of a focus on road cars! Except most of them are lifted from GT Sport wholesale, and PD's reticence on adding modern road cars of the past half decade is becoming more evident and frustrating. And of course, the elephant in the room being that it's getting clear, a week on, that the in game economy was designed around artificial scarcity, and also designed out of giving cash rewards equivalent of peanuts, forcing people to grind to an untenable degree compared to older GT titles, while also providing a clear lane towards micro-transactions as an 'easy' way out (but still needing to give massive amounts of money towards PD if you have any desire of going that route in order to buy any of the 20 million credit cars)

Like, it's very clear what Polyphony is doing and to be honest, people should be ruthlessly critical towards it all. It's clear that Polyphony are making clear mistakes, and it's also incredibly clear that they are going down some very dark places that very few devs, especially in the racing game space but also in general are not going to anymore. I'd hope that would at least garner some honest criticism, but it's getting increasingly clear that this sub forum is operating under increasingly cult like mindsets where apparently everything is fine. It isn't, not by a long shot.
To be faaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir.

There doesn't seem to be any 20m Cr. vehicles in the game anymore if this week is to go by.

The Hagerty Pavilion has a former 20m Cr. car currently in it for ~4.6m Cr., if I remember correctly.

People getting salty because they can't simply smash the throttle in every corner.
While I think the physics and realism are pretty good in this game, the snap-oversteer is WAY over the top, especially in FR cars. It seems fairly accurate in cars up to about 325bhp (depending on weight/weight distro/engine layout, etc) but when you get up to 450-500bhp it's comical how easily the tires will break loose. And I'm talking a very lightly feathered throttle and doing my best to only accelerate when the car is not in a turn, especially when getting into cars like the Ferrari F50, Tributo, '13 Viper GTS, etc even when they have no added power over stock config. I can still get the stupid high HP cars around the track, but I'm losing many, many seconds per lap due the the rear tires breaking loose with 5-10% throttle. Oh, and this is after dialing down the initial torque and acceleration sensitivity in the LSD.

That needs to be looked at. Doesn't need to be drastically changed; I think a minor tweak in whatever the myriad factors that go into would go a long way. Either that or they need to add a couple more TC settings that are like a 0.3 and 0.6, as setting it to 1 takes the life out of the very same cars.

To be faaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir.

There doesn't seem to be any 20m Cr. vehicles in the game anymore if this week is to go by.

The Hagerty Pavilion has a former 20m Cr. car currently in it for ~4.6m Cr., if I remember correctly.
The issue is, the 20 million credit vehicles are dynamically scaled due to fake market factors within the game. Who's to say that Hagerty (really, Polyphony, lets not kid ourselves) won't jack up the prices for all vehicles, not just the 20 million credit vehicles, the next time they come around in the Legend Cars cycle? That's ultimately the Pandora's Box that Polyphony feels intent to open with regards to GT7, and considering the utter lack of any real ways to make money in the game that isn't grinding races, it doesn't exactly bode well for the life of the game when, once you're out of the walled garden that is the Menus and generally being given what you need to succeed, you have to scrimp, save and grind like a mad man to get anything good, especially since car prices in general have inflated massively.

And that leads to another point - Seasonals. We know they're coming back, but in what form? And really, what hope is there, considering what Polyphony have done to the in game economy in the past two games, that the payouts will be as large as they were in GT5 or 6? I'm not really that high on that prospect, to be brutally honest.

You know what I do when I play a game I don't like? I stop playing it. And I play something else. No reason to stress over something I have no control over.

You know what I do when I play a game I don't like? I stop playing it.
People can play games they hate and criticize the parts that they do, while also acknowledging what they do like.

This sub-forum is truly going to be insufferable with people posting (measured, relatively flat) criticisms and those who like the game demanding that the discussion be more insular and more circlejerky, isn't it?

People can play games they hate and criticize the parts that they do, while also acknowledging what they do like.

This sub-forum is truly going to be insufferable with people posting (measured, relatively flat) criticisms and those who like the game demanding that the discussion be more insular and more circlejerky, isn't it?
Its already insufferable with the complainers.

Well said.

What an utter scam this game is! To me, this franchise is dead now.

Its already insufferable with the complainers.
Are they wrong though? This is a forum. There will be differences in opinion.

If you really want an echo chamber, I'm sure there are threads where you can do that. For now, accept that there will be 'complainers' (whether that be hyperbolic statements, or measured ones like mine) and deal with it.

What kind of argument is that? So what, because he made the account less than a week ago, what he’s saying doesn’t have as much weight as what you say?
I was referring back to how people on here reacted when GT Sport came out vs how Polyphony addressed it in GT7 and people reacted to that.

But good to see that you're one of those people who exclusively only read the headline/title/first line of something and assume they already know the rest of the content purely for the sake of venting a disproportionately aggressive flame-response. You go win those internet arguments brother!

Last edited:
This is a very good point that I'd not even considered. Maybe it's not incompetence or laziness, perhaps just like their "2022" game that feels like it's from 2017, they're also going into the "Live Service Mk1" fad that was also prevalent in 2017, where you pay up-front for a shell of a game and they hand it out piece-meal over the course of years. Would explain why this game is always online even though it has no right to be...

I'm hoping it's just their arcane nature and seeming unwillingness to listen to any feedback that they've been demonstrating since mid-GT5 that is causing this and not them chasing long-dead trends (that died for a very good reason)

You know what I do when I play a game I don't like? I stop playing it. And I play something else. No reason to stress over something I have no control over.
Sweet, are you going to pay for my GT7 copy since Sony won't refund at this point? Etherum or bitcoin will be fine.
Xd

but it's getting increasingly clear that this sub forum is operating under increasingly cult like mindsets where apparently everything is fine
even the admin is shooting bullets at PD* for all the wrong aspects of the game so I don't see the forum becoming a PD cult

(* and some users are blaming him for that)
exact, the Ford Mark IV something is at 4.6M Cr. and was a 20M unicorn in GTS, future will tell and I hope PD will hear the feedbacks from the players (they seem to have corrected lots of issues with the patch of this morning, so it is a good sign)

Unfortunately it's digital...

Oh well, guess I'll just keep lambasting the game until it's in an acceptable state.
For whom?

I’m curious why your opinion is somehow worth more than mine or anyone else’s?

Ford Mark IV something is at 4.6M Cr. and was a 20M unicorn in GTS, future will tell and I hope PD will hear the feedbacks from the players (they seem to have corrected lots of issues with the patch of this morning, so it is a good sign)
I was impressed when I saw the pricing on that car. It would be nice to not have those 5-6 cars that were 15-20mil just remain those prices arbitrarily. Certainly the quickest I've ever owned one of those classic racers, that's for sure.

Last edited:
For whom?

I’m curious why your opinion is somehow worth more than mine or anyone else’s?
Tried to add this to my previous message but it wouldn't let me for some reason.

I don't believe I stated anywhere that my opinion is greater than that of anyone else... When I say an "acceptable state" I'm referring to the content that should be here at launch. I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it again, what is here is fantastic imo, it's what is NOT here that I take umbrage with. If PD wanted to claim this is a return to the old GT formula then they needed to have the career mode finished at launch. I don't think that's unreasonable in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back