Not good at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, people actually defending this 5 minute campaign? Unbelievable. 9 years after Gt6 and 80 bucks later and THIS ******** is supposed to be a whole GT mode? Even a prologue had more to do wtf...

This is not even a discussion, it's shocking. Think about GT3, gt4, even 5. After the whole Gt7 campaign you would have done maybe 5 percent of those games.

But now fanboys tell us to just waste your time with random cars on random courses for nothing, because that's what you do when you love cars, right? You really are a PR victim.

Oh and how do updates make it better? Because you have more random events that are not really part of the gt mode? That's just work... There is a reason there's no percentage whatsoever. Yamauchi needs to leave. After 25 years he still has no clue how to make a game around his stuff.
But if at the time before the game released they announced another delay from the original March 4 release, then there would still be complaints either way. I agree the campaign is rather shorter in comparison but if it had delayed to add more to it, then the complaints would still come in so there doesn’t seem to be a winner in all this…

"They disagree with! They're a circle-jerk! Flame them! They're a cult!"

I had no idea this was Dave Meltzer's Wrestling Observer message board.

My point still stands, you guys aren't the target audience of Gran Turismo 7, stop expecting Polyphony to deliver you a PS5 version of iRacing. You guys are at best a fringe-minority of the player base.

Last edited:
I second this motion, the guy is only on here to argue and flame people who don't agree with him. This isn't the dumpsterfire end of reddit...
I’m always up for a good debate.. I have been dead wrong on subject and said i was wrong before… I truly understand how some people will not like certain things.. as they have every right too! Even myself there things Killing GT7 for me and some of my friends who race regularly online… What I don’t get is if you read some people who clearly don’t like Kaz/ Pd /GT and they have every right too.. you don’t like the product after you got it that’s cool get your money back be done with the game… but to come on here and just constantly complain, insult, and just be out right nasty baffles me..

I tried PC2 to didn’t really like the game at all gave it a try a couple tries… went on the forums ask questions got help by a lot of the PC2 guys setting up my wheel and the game.. but it was just not for me… stop playing the game and stop browsing the forums… heard about PC3 did some research didn’t like what I saw … and stayed away… I’m thinking to myself why I constantly argue with people who actually like the game pc2 if I don’t like it? I’m not going to change their opinion like I don’t get it… like I didn’t buy PC3.. I would never go in that forum just picking argument with people because I don’t like the game or felt like a VIDEO GAME burned me so I gotta come hard next version and insult people and what not… weird flex but hey what you going to do…

At the rate some people here play games, even if it had 500 events, you'd finish it within a month and then start whinging that there's nothing to do.

Never saw someone complaining about gt4 career...
So so much content, 15 races league, qualification, 700+ cars.
Now TWENTY years later, 1 day campaign, 2 online races lel.
But fanboys luv racing anywhere so who cares about career they just need 1 car and 1 track.

In an acceptable state for whom?

Attachments

• A627B732-DCEC-4E3A-9314-6A79AC97517C.jpeg
    A627B732-DCEC-4E3A-9314-6A79AC97517C.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 6
This is a very good point that I'd not even considered. Maybe it's not incompetence or laziness, perhaps just like their "2022" game that feels like it's from 2017, they're also going into the "Live Service Mk1" fad that was also prevalent in 2017, where you pay up-front for a shell of a game and they hand it out piece-meal over the course of years. Would explain why this game is always online even though it has no right to be...

I'm hoping it's just their arcane nature and seeming unwillingness to listen to any feedback that they've been demonstrating since mid-GT5 that is causing this and not them chasing long-dead trends (that died for a very good reason)
I mean, I hope that's the case too. But even most Japanese developers seem to be cognizant of the bad optics that generally offering a freemium game, and in general micro-transactions, provide. Not Kaz and Polyphony, though.
I had no idea this was Dave Meltzer's Wrestling Observer message board.
Does that make me Eric Bischoff then?

My point still stands, you guys aren't the target audience of Gran Turismo 7, stop expecting Polyphony to deliver you a PS5 version of iRacing. You guys are at best a fringe-minority of the player base.
In what world is not wrapping a game around freemium ideals and a grinding economy and artificial scarcity trying to make it seem like iRacing? GT Sport was already that, and people rejected it massively.

What people are mad at (rightfully) is the lack of content in comparison to older GT titles (and hilariously, GT Sport) when you're out of the Menus walled garden. They're mad at the artificial scarcity of the car list in general, and the fact that unless you got the 25th Anniversary edition head start, or pay for the micro-transactions, there's no real way to earn money in the game other then grinding like a mad man, especially considering the game wants, and expects you to, collect cars. And as said earlier in the thread by me, there's no guarantee that Polyphony are going to return to the payouts that Seasonals presented in GT5 and 6, so what happens if that's the case?

So yeah, this comment makes absolutely no sense when taken in relation to what people are actually 'complaining' about.

I mean, I hope that's the case too. But even most Japanese developers seem to be cognizant of the bad optics that generally offering a freemium game, and in general micro-transactions, provide. Not Kaz and Polyphony, though.

In what world is not wrapping a game around freemium ideals and a grinding economy and artificial scarcity trying to make it seem like iRacing? GT Sport was already that, and people rejected it massively.

What people are mad at (rightfully) is the lack of content in comparison to older GT titles (and hilariously, GT Sport) when you're out of the Menus walled garden. They're mad at the artificial scarcity of the car list in general, and the fact that unless you got the 25th Anniversary edition head start, or pay for the micro-transactions, there's no real way to earn money in the game other then grinding like a mad man, especially considering the game wants, and expects you to, collect cars. And as said earlier in the thread by me, there's no guarantee that Polyphony are going to return to the payouts that Seasonals presented in GT5 and 6, so what happens if that's the case?

So yeah, this comment makes absolutely no sense when taken in relation to what people are actually 'complaining' about.
So much this... People ignoring what others are actually pointing out. Facts. It just makes no sense.

In an acceptable state for whom?
For myself and other people that bought the game because it was sold as a return to the GT of the past. That's why I bought this game, offline career mode content. It was all completed four days after the launch... That's not acceptable to myself and by the looks of it, a great many others on this forum alone that returned to GT because they were sold on this being a modernized GT4/GT5. What did we get? GT5 Prologue. Excuse me, GT7 Prologue. For $70... That's not acceptable to ME, that's WHOM.

Did you just say Project Cars 2 looks better than GT7 on PS5? Did you actually even play it on PS5?

This has to be the most unintentionally funny thing I've read on this forum in a long time, never change GTPlanet. 😄

Maybe you should pop PC2 in the PS5 again.

The environment, the details, it's arguably better looking than the stale environment of GT7.

Did you notice that everything in GT7's environment is static? Nothing moves.

PC2 It's freaking beautiful.

And to be fair, here's Monza on GT7. It's fair to say that PC2 is arguably just as beautiful as GT7 and it's an old game.

Last edited:

Woah, I think everyone needs to take a breath.

Until this game there was no concept of campaign. There were race with type/model power classifications which is what we have got.

The menu isn’t a campaign it’s a way to give you everything you can use to “complete” the game although personally I’m not sure how you ever complete a driving game. Tick trophies off or have everything is that “complete”? I don’t know, personally I can always go faster and that’s what I drive for.

But it’s a game that you can always improve a sector here, a brake point there? It’s a game about driving and driving for you.

I’m really really not sure what people want from these things anymore?

I grew up at the right time for GT1 to release and for me in games as it is in real life to drive, drive for fun drive for lap times or just because I can.

Doing races isn’t grinding, it’s racing. What makes it grinding is when you do it because you want something other than the racing or to make credits.

Over the next few years I’ll take hundreds of cars round the ring just to see what they are like, do countless hours and get no credits for it.

And then GTA 6 will come out I’ll play that and then mood wise will switch between the two games.

I never will understand how driving cars in a racing game is grinding. Unless it’s a level blocker then maybe but even trophies are based around spending time driving some of them.

If you like cars, like driving and racing then I’m not sure what the issue is. Even the MTX are priced to be pointless and futile/prohibitively expensive in a pay to win way???

For myself and other people that bought the game because it was sold as a return to the GT of the past. That's why I bought this game, offline career mode content. It was all completed four days after the launch... That's not acceptable to myself and by the looks of it, a great many others on this forum alone that returned to GT because they were sold on this being a modernized GT4/GT5. What did we get? GT5 Prologue. Excuse me, GT7 Prologue. For $70... That's not acceptable to ME, that's WHOM.
It’s not completed though? It’s just not guided now? There are events to do and you can pick and choose them as you wish?

This guy needs to visit Ace & Tate . . .
The first time the helicopter flew over scared the crap out of me at the braking point…

Also, just to add half the physics problems are people looking at the scenery rather than as far down the road as they can….maybe ;)

Campaign is pretty sparse post menu books (which is annoying and linear anyway) ... pretty disappointing but oh well.

My main gripe is being able to gold every license and mission within 4 days of release only playing evenings. That would be impossible on GT4. The difficulty curve is minimal even on "Expert". AI is poor throughout but I would not of expected any real improvement here (Sophy announcement withstanding).

Moving forward I hope Sport mode really kicks into gear with some nice variety of races (with Gr1/2/3/4 etc.) and removal of tuning from some of the Daily Race options - replaced with BoP lobbies again.

Still happy I got the game and can mod a road car into something a whole lot more fun and race it online.

Maybe you should post two comparable videos of PC2 and GT7 on the same track?

If you can't do that, then you've lost the debate. I posted two videos of Monza comparing the two.

What did you post?
I don’t know what you are arguing about, but once I’m driving there is just the road in front of me, It’s a luxury to enjoy the scenery…

Campaign is pretty sparse post menu books (which is annoying and linear anyway) ... pretty disappointing but oh well.

My main gripe is being able to gold every license and mission within 4 days of release only playing evenings. That would be impossible on GT4. The difficulty curve is minimal even on "Expert". AI is poor throughout but I would not of expected any real improvement here (Sophy announcement withstanding).

Moving forward I hope Sport mode really kicks into gear with some nice variety of races (with Gr1/2/3/4 etc.) and removal of tuning from some of the Daily Race options - replaced with BoP lobbies again.

Still happy I got the game and can mod a road car into something a whole lot more fun and race it online.
Fair.

I’m hoping that further DLC expands that side of the game, and rather than delay for a year like every other game they shipped it light to get more of this type content in over time.

Until this game there was no concept of campaign. There were race with type/model power classifications which is what we have got.
Incredibly debatable. Those races, and indeed, championships, constituted a campaign. Much like how the Menus constitute a campaign.

although personally I’m not sure how you ever complete a driving game.
By reaching the signified end point set by the developers? In GT's case, that's usually been the credits gained after beating the GT World Championships in the older games, and indeed, Kaz said in the lead up to the release of GT7 that the traditional 'end' of the game was after completing the final menu and watching the credits roll. No different then 'completing' a narrative driven game, except the methods for doing so are different. And GT is no different in that regard.

If GT is going to continue flying the flag of a structured, Car-PG style of game, then they absolutely should add more races right off the hop instead of cutting content to the bone to give themselves the ability to bring it back in later updates to make up the difference and be patted on the back for being supposed good guys. Really, I'm just going to quote Famine since he gets at the issue better then I can:

I'm pretty sure I could come up with a list of enough single-player races to fill up 300 hours without any repeats (or any feeling of repetitiveness) with just the cars and tracks in GT7 in about half an hour; I think pretty much anyone could triple the current offering without much thought - Kei car race, unmodified car race with 500PP cap, super-tuner Like The Wind race, stick a 90-minute or two-hour "endurance" race in (or a bunch of each; Maggiore is crying out for an enduro, and you've got Le Mans, N24, Daytona, Spa, and Barcelona which all host 24hr races, Fuji and Bathurst hold endurance races, Trial Mountain held 2hr enduros in the PS1 era, Alsace looks great at night, Monza, Brands, blah blah etc), one-make events for all the brands, VGT event... and that's just 30 seconds of idle musing.
And this is why I say there's not enough game. There's easily 300hr of offline racing content possible, but GT7 gives us only just about a half of a tenth of that... while still having the stuff to collect appropriate to a 300hr game. Yes, more will come, and more content will come too, but it could have launched with almost no grinding, just a varied array of races with only the content it has.
That, and actually offer some semblance of difficulty, and rewards for choosing a higher difficulty, instead of masking the same slow and dumb AI under difficulty settings that don't matter in the grand scheme of things because most of the difficulty comes artificially from AI being halfway around the track when you start the race.

Doing races isn’t grinding, it’s racing. What makes it grinding is when you do it because you want something other than the racing or to make credits.
I'd say that racing can be grinding, due to the reasons outlined above. And considering Polyphony, by their own admission, made car collecting a major part of the game, invariably it means one's going to have to be grinding if they want any of the big game hunting vehicles to finish a scrap book.

Over the next few years I’ll take hundreds of cars round the ring just to see what they are like, do countless hours and get no credits for it.
Good for you. I'm playing the game by the way Polyphony wants me to - buying cars, tuning them up, and racing. And all three of these aspects have various levels of problems that absolutely needs to be addressed, and criticized.

If you like cars, like driving and racing then I’m not sure what the issue is.
That, or you're not willing to listen to the problems outlined by the literal highest ranked member of the staff not named Jordan, reviewers from reputable sites, and people in this very thread, including myself, and think that your reasons for playing the game are applicable to all, when they aren't anywhere close.

Last edited:
Woah, I think everyone needs to take a breath.

The menu isn’t a campaign it’s a way to give you everything you can use to “complete” the game although personally I’m not sure how you ever complete a driving game. Tick trophies off or have everything is that “complete”? I don’t know, personally I can always go faster and that’s what I drive for.

But it’s a game that you can always improve a sector here, a brake point there? It’s a game about driving and driving for you.

I grew up at the right time for GT1 to release and for me in games as it is in real life to drive, drive for fun drive for lap times or just because I can.

And then GTA 6 will come out I’ll play that and then mood wise will switch between the two games.

I never will understand how driving cars in a racing game is grinding. Unless it’s a level blocker then maybe but even trophies are based around spending time driving some of them.

If you like cars, like driving and racing then I’m not sure what the issue is. Even the MTX are priced to be pointless and futile/prohibitively expensive in a pay to win way???
Exactly. GT is all about the driving. It's never been truly realistic but it has always felt rewarding. It's not there yet but it isn't that far off.

On the career mode, I'm enjoying it and I've still got plenty left to do. There's even a good chance I won't have finished it by the time new content starts arriving.

Maybe you should post two comparable videos of PC2 and GT7 on the same track?

If you can't do that, then you've lost the debate. I posted two videos of Monza comparing the two.

What did you post?
Unfortunately for you, I have a life away from the forum, I'd rather go enjoy this incredible thing known as "social life" than follow your comical demands which you know no one will ever bother following without confirmation bias.

@kilesa4568 @///M3 Sorry guys, but according to others in this thread we must unanimously agree that the game is a disgrace otherwise we're a circle-jerk or a cult, and we must post on and become youtube content creators as decreed by @Mark folsom.

Last edited:
I don’t know what you are arguing about, but once I’m driving there is just the road in front of me, It’s a luxury to enjoy the scenery…

I don't know what you're talking about either? There's virtually no argument here. An old game PC2 has arguably just as good graphics if not better in some cases, a better physics model, more tracks, nearly 200 cars, an actual championship, a massive single player campaign, challenges, hot laps, tons of more content then you can shake a stick at.

All I'm saying, PC2 has lost favor because it's older. If it was released the same time GT7 was people would be falling all over themselves to play it.

I mean just look at these screenshots.. I don't care about the resolution. Look at the details and the coloring. PC2 is gorgeous.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220310-141707_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220310-141707_YouTube.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220310-141638_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220310-141638_YouTube.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 5
Perhaps a way to add content without spending too long working on it is to port over the GT League races from Sport. Maybe change them, add some more, but take the structure and give out rewards that make you want to play more events.

The issue with Sport is that all you got were credits and a trophy, since there were no modifications for the most part. Or even if you give out the same rewards, you can use those credits modifying your car. It gives you more to spend them on and more of a reason to keep playing.

What they really need is a ton of different events to let you earn enough to get every car in the game without repeating races - or at least a good chunk to that goal.

Who doesn’t want to play The Passion of Dr. Wankel again?

Last edited:
I don't know what you're talking about either? There's virtually no argument here. An old game PC2 has arguably just as good graphics if not better in some cases, a better physics model, more tracks, nearly 200 cars, an actual championship, a massive single player campaign, challenges, hot laps, tons of more content then you can shake a stick at.

All I'm saying, PC2 has lost favor because it's older. If it was released the same time GT7 was people would be falling all over themselves to play it.

I mean just look at these screenshots.. I don't care about the resolution. Look at the details and the coloring. PC2 is gorgeous.
Cool. It wasn’t.

I also am 25 years vested in to what “I like”

Quite honestly graphics really aren’t my thing, and I spend enough on car and motorbike track days in real life that I don’t need that in my living room. Horses for courses though and I get what you are saying but we are talking about computer games here.

I have better graphics walking out the front door and actually driving or riding the things I have and they come with better physics to, I have a “games” console to play games on….

I have AC, PC2, NFS, Ride 2,3,4 rFactor, live for speed, GT Legends, iRacing, had the original NFS before it was EA for godsake.

Im a petrol head, but I’m also pragmatic about what is enough for me….I enjoy them all, they are all good in their ways.

Perhaps a way to add content without spending too long working on it is to port over the GT League races from Sport. Maybe change them, add some more, but take the structure and give out rewards that make you want to play more events.
I mean, it's clear that's exactly what Polyphony are intent on doing, considering how utterly laughable the amount of classic, typical GT style events are present when you are out of the Menu walled garden. And in that way, then it's not really a good thing that they're adding stuff post launch that could have shored up the game from launch, no?

Yes, its called assists.
Assist are one thing, they essentially have to be turned on so much that you may as well just watch a YouTube video as you're not really driving the game anymore the game is.

I'm talking more like they do with controllers or wheels on PC games. Fine turning the hardware the way you would fine tune a car in game.

It’s not completed though? It’s just not guided now? There are events to do and you can pick and choose them as you wish?
If you've completed cafe mode, when you go back to the "World Circuit" there is the list of championships at the bottom of the page, I'm sure you know what I'm referring to. If you scroll over them it will tell you the license type required in order to enter.
The only licenses that are needed are National B and National A. We have International B, International A, and Super license tests, but we do not have the corresponding career mode and races that utilize those licenses. Every game in the series has had IA/IB/S licenses and races (I think... can't remember if Super was added after GT2 or not) Even GT Sport, once they added the content that became the "Spec II" version, had these race types. So it's very clear we are meant to have those higher level races and championships since the licenses are included, PD just didn't include them at launch.

This is a big reason why people are complaining about the game being so cheap with the credit payouts, as it was the IB/IA/S races that have historically paid 100-300k+ for winning a race. Since all we have are the National license races we're seeing fairly low prize money relative to the cost of buying tires/turbos/parts in general, as well as the price of high-end vehicles. If you think about it we've always had GT500 (Gr. 2) championships, LMP/Group C (Gr. 1) championships, Lambo Cup, and since GT5, go-cart, Formula, and Red Bull races, all of which are glaringly absent. The same goes for large endurance races that take hours to complete, which we again do not have. Half of the standard offline content is absent, that is why I have a problem with the game in its current state.

I mean, it's clear that's exactly what Polyphony are intent on doing, considering how utterly laughable the amount of classic, typical GT style events are present when you are out of the Menu walled garden. And in that way, then it's not really a good thing that they're adding stuff post launch that could have shored up the game from launch, no?
Agreed, I think they could’ve bolstered it before launch but I suppose better late than never. GT League would probably be more enjoyable to go through in 7 given that you can upgrade your car, plus there’s the incentive to collect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back