Not good at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
1hr a day of general play seems to get me a lot of credits like 350,000 roughly, I think the eco system is wrong but not where I’m going to kick up a fuss and return a good game,
Complaints are valid but the things of the “series is dead” and thinking this games lifecycle is 2years is exaggerating quite a bit,
It’s quite clear the micro transaction point is being pushed (I for one am not buying anything in this) and the addition of RGN inception on roulettes being absurd, however to say the series is dead or game is trash is a bit ott guys

Hate to tell you this, but you're not going to get very far, the way things are now. Maybe you're okay with your collection staying small, but personally I'm going to be quite disappointed when I only have 60% of the cars (and probably 30% of the total credit cost) by the time GT8 releases. Both because I don't get paid much for the races I do, and because I'll play less and less over time, especially as I get bored of the grind.
I get that.

But I think people don’t quite understand that I personally…me like driving, I like driving cars I can never have (E30 M3 I’m looking at you)

I also really enjoy driving round circuits. I pay real money to do it in real life.

So the trophies or the own them all thing is not on my radar. I want to take a car faster than it should do, no mods, no aids. Sure I’ll do the race events but that isn’t what cars mean to me that is something for other people.

I want an empty brands hatch and a lotus exige or carerra gt and no time limits and no pressure.

But I get I’m a car guy and like driving and pounding laps isn’t a chore but for others it must be a grind.

People getting salty because they can't simply smash the throttle in every corner.
Its not that at all.
But the game (let's not forget it is a game at the end of the day) has zero threshold for getting it wrong.
We're not talking full throttle we're talking about the game spinning your car out of control at 10% throttle when it should be 9%
Or even when the car is freewheeling at 20mph. The physics are screwed up somewhere.
The fact the difference between success and failure in braking is just as naffed, we're talking 9% and then car doesn't even slow or you can put 10% braking on and the wheels lock and the car dives to the right and into a spin.

It's just as likely that prices for these cars will shoot way up in the future.
This is ultimately the thing. There's no real market value with regards to the Legend Cars pavilion, it's all set by what Polyphony believes it should be set at. And what is stopping them from jacking the prices up to the 20 million cap when they see that people are getting money a bit too well?

Its not that at all.
But the game (let's not forget it is a game at the end of the day) has zero threshold for getting it wrong.
We're not talking full throttle we're talking about the game spinning your car out of control at 10% throttle when it should be 9%
Or even when the car is freewheeling at 20mph. The physics are screwed up somewhere.
The fact the difference between success and failure in braking is just as naffed, we're talking 9% and then car doesn't even slow or you can put 10% braking on and the wheels lock and the car dives to the right and into a spin.
You ever played the original mario? The threshold was much smaller than that for just jumping.

This is ultimately the thing. There's no real market value with regards to the Legend Cars pavilion, it's all set by what Polyphony believes it should be set at. And what is stopping them from jacking the prices up to the 20 million cap when they see that people are getting money a bit too well?
Nope, it’s set by hagerty’s who insure most of the worlds valuable cars and publish 6 monthly market papers on the market and desireability.

That was the big change having independent valuations then converted to game level currency.

I get that.

But I think people don’t quite understand that I personally…me like driving, I like driving cars I can never have (E30 M3 I’m looking at you)

I also really enjoy driving round circuits. I pay real money to do it in real life.

So the trophies or the own them all thing is not on my radar. I want to take a car faster than it should do, no mods, no aids. Sure I’ll do the race events but that isn’t what cars mean to me that is something for other people.

I want an empty brands hatch and a lotus exige or carerra gt and no time limits and no pressure.

But I get I’m a car guy and like driving and pounding laps isn’t a chore but for others it must be a grind.
I like driving too, which is why I want to be able to do more of it, in more cars.

But the way the game is set up now, you can't really do that without a large grind.

Also, with empty tracks, you're really going to be out of money quickly. That's only doable in custom races, and less AI = less money.

I get that.

Wait, so you have the E30 M3 and Carrera GT in the game already and therefore you’re fine and don’t need any more credits or whatever. So? Why should anyone care about your personal reference?

The game literally tells you to collect as many cars as possible, yet it will be near impossible to collect them all, but because your fine with your two dream cars, everyone else should be fine too?

Last edited:
I like driving too, which is why I want to be able to do more of it, in more cars.

But the way the game is set up now, you can't really do that without a large grind.

Also, with empty tracks, you're really going to be out of money quickly. That's only doable in custom races, and less AI = less money.
Hey, I’m not in a rush. I’ll rotate through the events do the circuit experiences when I have an odd few mins.

We are less than a week in….now in 6 months fair enough but I have the ring and a few beemers and Porsches.

Im cool.

Nope, it’s set by hagerty’s who insure most of the worlds valuable cars and publish 6 monthly market papers on the market and desireability.

That was the big change having independent valuations then converted to game level currency.
He'll dispute it even though it's been published on this site:

Hey, I’m not in a rush. I’ll rotate through the events do the circuit experiences when I have an odd few mins.

We are less than a week in….now in 6 months fair enough but I have the ring and a few beemers and Porsches.

Im cool.
I'm not in a rush either, but expecting to collect all the cars in a car collecting game within a couple years is reasonable I think. It just won't happen in any fun way at this rate. That's my problem.

It's great that you're happy with the cars you have, but most of us want to be able to use more of the cars in the game we bought. I'm here for a long time too. Driving one car per day would last me over a year. But I can't even do that with the current credit rates.

Wait, so you have the E30 M3 and Carrera GT in the game already and therefore you’re fine and don’t need any more credits or whatever. So? Why should anyone care about your personal reference?

The game literally tells you to cellect as many cars as possible, yet it will be near impossible to collect them all, but because your fine with your two dream cars, everyone else should be fine too?
Nope, I won the E30 and do not have the carerra GT its to expensive for where I’m at. I’ve golded most licences up to S, on the last 2 menus and only completed one mission block. I’ve spent some time trying to learn the new ring though, and the carousel is longer than previous games but closer to real life but that’s a different issue that I don’t have.

I’ll collect the cars or I won’t but until then I like cars, I like driving them even the crappy ones…I’m ok with that. It works for me.

Again, all about you, eh?
And what is your posts about? You or the greater good?

I can only speak for me, I’m not gonna pretend and specifically say “for me” so what are you post about about? You or others? I just can’t empathise with you or your others?

Nope, I won the E30 and do not have the carerra GT its to expensive for where I’m at. I’ve golded most licences up to S, on the last 2 menus and only completed one mission block. I’ve spent some time trying to learn the new ring though, and the carousel is longer than previous games but closer to real life but that’s a different issue that I don’t have.

I’ll collect the cars or I won’t but until then I like cars, I like driving them even the crappy ones…I’m ok with that. It works for me.
Can you for one second try to think about anyone but yourself, please?

Edit: Nope, apparently not.

Last edited:

Do you actually believe that Hagerty's does anything in this agreement other then simply rubber stamp their name on what essentially amounts to a brand deal? It's incredibly likely that Polyphony are setting the prices and simply found a good partner to have it seem more 'lifelike'. The same sort of deal where people blamed the FIA for fantasy track designs in GT Sport (and hell, even to the lead up of GT7) even though it was Polyphony who had final say in fantasy track designs, and the FIA were simply approving the recreations of real world tracks up to their standards.

Ok.

Let’s play this game.

My opinion is that for several years im
Going to drive cars around a track.

Other people don’t want to do that. They want all the cars, don’t drive for fun?

The payouts aren’t enough? My point of view is that isn’t what I pay for. You may pay for that.

What the hell can anyone on a forum do? You can take opinions, disagree and move on. You can double down on how aggrieved you feel. Yet it took me weeks to completing mario galaxy. Didn’t even get the cool costume….

How fast should progress be for you?

I’m asking him to acknowledge that there’s a problem with how the economy is designed in GT7. Nothing more. All he responds with is “I’m fine.”
More like you're trying to pester him into adopting your opinion (which it is, it's an opinion, not a fact), why do you have such an issue with people not thinking in an identical manner to yourself? You're trying to call him self-absorbed just because he doesn't agree with you?

I don't think being a "premium" member gives you special privileges where you're allowed to behave like this.

Ok.

Let’s play this game.

Other people don’t want to do that. They want all the cars, don’t drive for fun?

The payouts aren’t enough? My point of view is that isn’t what I pay for. You may pay for that.

What the hell can anyone on a forum do? You can take opinions, disagree and move on. You can double down on how aggrieved you feel. Yet it took me weeks to completing mario galaxy. Didn’t even get the cool costume….

I never said it needs to be fast, but it needs to be achievable.

It's faster than GT1's, even when you take into account being able to sell prize cars for 12,000, and it might also be faster than GT5's with the login bonuses taken out.

Do you actually believe that Hagerty's does anything in this agreement other then simply rubber stamp their name on what essentially amounts to a brand deal? It's incredibly likely that Polyphony are setting the prices and simply found a good partner to have it seem more 'lifelike'. The same sort of deal where people blamed the FIA for fantasy track designs in GT Sport (and hell, even to the lead up of GT7) even though it was Polyphony who had final say in fantasy track designs, and the FIA were simply approving the recreations of real world tracks up to their standards.
Man, having spent my life around cars and people that make and

after that edit.

We are done.

Keep moaning. Or drive. Up to you.

I don’t own PD or Sony or this forum.

More like you're trying to pester him into adopting your opinion (which it is, it's an opinion, not a fact), why do you have such an issue with people not thinking in an identical manner to yourself? You're trying to call him self-absorbed just because he doesn't agree with you?

I don't think being a "premium" member gives you special privileges where you're allowed to behave like this.
You sir, are misinterpreting things.

Behave like what? Telling a person to think about others and not only himself is bad behavior?
It's faster than GT1's, even when you take into account being able to sell prize cars for 12,000, and it might also be faster than GT5's with the login bonuses taken out.
Really? I doubt it, but I’m gonna take your word for it.

Ok.

Let’s play this game.

I do drive for fun... in lots of cars. That's fun to me. Driving the same car on an empty track for a long time is fun to you. We can both have our way, but I'm unfortunately limited by an unbalanced in-game economy.

I am saying it would benefit the majority of people to allow credits to be earned at a decent rate through methods other than the few high paying career races. Your response to this amounts to "No, I disagree, because I'm happy with less cars."

Allowing people to buy more cars does not take away your ability to enjoy your more limited selection as you wish. If anything, it will only help you. If you decide you do want a car, but it's very expensive, you'll now need to do 100 hours of driving to get it (a custom race at 50k/hr = 100 hours for 5M).

While finding this estimated number for an "empty" track at the Nordschleife (seems to be your ideal conditions?) I also discovered that custom races require at least one AI car, so I'm not sure how you'll achieve your empty track. Please do let me know, I'd like to have that option too for practice!

The point isn't that we want you to agree to drive more cars or anything. We're only trying to make the point that the current in-game economy is not good for car collecting, which is a bad thing in a car collecting game.

And it is with time and effort.

You either have them or you don’t.

1 week in and already driving cars is a chore. Did you by the right game?

God forbid you try online. That will be an eye opener.

Being always online, the game has a shelf life. There's no guarantee it'll even be accessible in a couple of years when the servers get taken offline.

The invite tickets and legendary car rotations don't give you a "couple of years" to grind for them. Just a matter of days.
How do you know?

Seriously we don’t know the rotation schedules.

We know GT8 isn’t coming any time soon.

It’s flagship title…so just logic dictates we have this for a few years yet….

And it is with time and effort.

You either have them or you don’t.

God forbid you try online. That will be an eye opener.
Now you’re misquoting. Great.

Who said I’m in a rush? Who said I don’t enjoy driving cars?

All I’m saying is that the economy in GT7 is making me and many others grind boring but relatively well paying races in order to afford the cars we want, while they’re on sale (on Hagerty for example) and if we miss them, who knows when they’ll return?

All I’m saying is that the economy in GT7 is making me and many others grind boring but relatively well paying races in order to afford the cars we want, while they’re on sale (on Hagerty for example) and if we miss them, who knows when they’ll return?
Well now that's just part of the fun. Makes it all the more satisfying when you have the right amount of money at the right time. At least, that's my opinion anyway. We will all have different experiences with this game.

Right. 1 week in to a driving game? Driving is an effort because you can’t have more stuff when you want!

The economy is tight but FOR ME isn’t an issue.

Im sorry it’s not great for you. Luckily I get to play my game. Sucks about yours though :( hope you get everything quickly without racing.

Edit: grammar and typos

Last edited:
Probably not, considering other games have actual half decent AI that make races somewhat interesting instead of The Real Chase The Rabbit Simulator.

The biggest issue with all of this is that what applies specifically, *to you, doesn't apply to everyone else.* I'm playing the game by the metrics that Polyphony themselves set in development. That is, playing through the Menus that they created and getting to the end credits. After that, then get to collecting the cars that Polyphony themselves says is a major part of the game. Kind of hard to do that when the economy is built the way it is, where I have to go up against AI that serves no real challenge except in the artificial sense in order to get cash, unless I want to spend 28 dollars Canadian to skip the line which ultimately does nothing anyway, because I still need to spend more to get any sort of money 'the easy way'.

I applaud Polyphony for at least trying to make a game where people can play different ways depending on their interests. But frankly, why are we brow-beating people for rightfully pointing out that the way that they 'expect' you to play (a way that frankly, they have made clear is the 'main' way to play) is so slow and so dependent on grinding, and that the economy is built upon a bonkers level of artificial scarcity and potential scummy micro-transaction reliance? People can't call a spade anymore?

Cool.

A couple of points.

It is PDs game and they make it how they want.

The points you have apply to you and I get that and other people. We are talking about a game that will sell millions. And here we are on a forum not connected to the game and attacking me personally. I’m tired and having people whine about not getting what they want one week in to a game is depressing.

Yeah it’s hard to make money. There is also no glory in winning a club race in the real world. Deal with it.

Last edited:
My opinion is that for several years im going to drive cars around a track.

Hmmm. Sounds like the same thing to me. They/we want the cars so we can drive them around a track. Why else would be buy a car game? The game is heavily restricting the ability to do that. For you, and for me, even if you pretend it doesn't.
I get that.

So many contradictions here. You keep banging on about liking driving, and wanting to do it in lots of cars, whilst ignoring that you're not going to be able to do that if you don't do the events that give you credits, and if you want them at a decent rate, you're going to have to do the same ones over and over.

People don't want or expect everything without racing. People want a variety of pre-made events to complete that will earn them credits in a reasonable amount of time whilst enjoying a range of cars and tracks. There are barely 100 races in the World Circuits Menu, the custom events pay out peanuts, so do most other things. Now players have discovered if you want to earn the highest rate of credits, there is ONE event that is head and shoulders above the rest. So your choices are repeat that one event and drive yourself crazy, or drive the lower payout events and take even longer to earn credits. THAT is what people have an issue with.

You said above you'd be happy earning 100K a day and in two months you'd have enough money. Well by my maths, that's only 6 million credits. You could blow that on just three cars, or it might not even be enough for one car. The total cost of cars so far, with 76 not priced, over 250 million credits.

So I again ask how you're going to drive hundreds of cars around the empty track if you can't afford to buy them? Where are the credits coming from for any one of us who just wants to drive and race all the cars in the game? So far all you've come up with is "Just play the game every day for two years solid", and I really don't think that is reasonable. That wasn't required with the previous games.

Argue with someone else.

I didn’t make this game and I can’t change it for you.

What a bunch of *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back