Not good at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
I've completed Gran Turismo 7's career, menu books? whatever you want to call it, and it has left me so underwhelmed.

This game is such a tiny offering and does not compare to previous offerings.

No Australian Supercars Championships, no Japanese Touring Car Championship, no Endurance Championships, no Nascar Championships, no Drift Championships or any other championships the world has to offer...which you won't see here.

Just a sad little World Touring Car Championship finale.

This has to be the worst Gran Turismo game l have ever played. It's lightweight and the handling of the cars is truly suspect with all that oversteering...The game feels like a scam!

What was the point of all those settings? They do hardly anything...

Also, the menu system is so counter-intuitive, so many button presses to collect things. Even collecting mileage has to be acknowledged with a button press.

I'm sorry, but l have always enjoyed and been a great fan of the GT games and l feel totally let down by this game...and all it's bugs and framerate dropping.

Last edited:
I feel similarly. Single player just feels like a big gimmick. Been watching GT5 videos and even started playing Forza Motorsport 7 today just to see what the single player content is like, and I don't see much reason to keep playing GT7 other than potentially to play Sport Mode when it gets in a better state.

and NASCAR when none of those styles of racecar is represented!
Or just make do with what you have available. ;)

1646885436998.png

Thanks for the replies, guys. I can now take off my flame retardant suit. 😀

The more l play GT7 the more l feel like i've been scammed. It feels shoddy and cheap, too.

The physics and handling of these cars are on a par with an old GRID game!

Those WTC races that appear after completing are so tacked on.
The scope of racing in career mode is awful and dumbed down.
Where do you think the update options for more racing championships will show? It all looks a bit finite to me with no room for expansion.

Also, where is this AI i've been reading about?
The AI in this game is not much different from GTS...

...and just look at the race option, yes a single option only, for the Le Mans track. Unbelievable!

At least they were right about collecting cars. That could be all you'll do with them at the moment.

Last edited:
Honestly with the linear career, it was a bit of a bore. The additional events added that have no relation to the actual progression. How do you expect people to collect 400+ cars?

I knew from the start with the events organized at the World Circuits it would be lackluster. But I didn't imagine it would be this short lived.

No, because the only way things are improved is by being critical of them and openly discussing people's thoughts and feelings.
I am an avid GT player ever since the very first game. I think l am at the point where l can make valid comparisons.

I saw one or two people complain about the physics in GTS and there were huge amounts of people shooting these poor fellas down, and saying what you've said and being protective.
Now, l see everyone condemning GTS handling and saying GT7 is now miles better.

The cars in GT7 are like London black cabs, can turn on a sixpence!

Last edited:
I'm more upset about the lack of endurances.
You create your own races, custom race is available on every circuit, that's a big bonus. And you can set 200 laps, endurance enough for you? Plus get a good collection of cars and set AI to drive them. Make any class you want, there's more than enough choice. And the time and weather.. fuel, tyre wear it's all there.

You create your own races, custom race is available on every circuit, that's a big bonus. And you can set 200 laps, endurance enough for you? Plus get a good collection of cars and set AI to drive them. Make any class you want, there's more than enough choice. And the time and weather.. fuel, tyre wear it's all there.
I think you misunderstood... or I...
What I understand is that whoever criticizes the lack of stamina has some players who start whining immediately after a few hours of play.

No, because the only way things are improved is by being critical of them and openly discussing people's thoughts and feelings.
I am an avid GT player ever since the very first game. I think l am at the point where l can make valid comparisons.

I saw one or two people complain about the physics in GTS and there were huge amounts of people shooting these poor fellas down, and saying what you've said and being protective.
Now, l see everyone condemning GTS handling and saying GT7 is now miles better.

The cars in GT7 are like London black cabs, can turn on a sixpence!
you dont know how to drive

you dont know how to drive
I've played every Gran Turismo game ever. The new physics in handling I think is great. The suspension travel over bumps and body roll makes it alot of fun. It's easier to over correct a slide making it more realistic for me. The way the turbo lags, low revs in low gears can mean a slow exit on corners. It also feels more like driving on rubber than plastic.

Exacly, you can literaly create a full grid of whatever you have in your garage.

Yesterday I made my own Porsche cup car from the 996 and raced it against group 4. Brilliant race.

If I get another 19 of the same Porsche, upgrade them all to the same spec and then give them all individual livery’s I’ve got an entire field of Porsche cup cars. Obviously thats a lot of credits to achieve but the possibility is there.

The same could be done with literally any car in the game that allows custom liveries. Retro F1, Touring Cars, Lambo Cup, Megane trophy, Clio Cup Etc. You can even name the AI drivers!

Last edited:
Exacly, you can literaly create a full grid of whatever you have in your garage.

Yesterday I made my own Porsche cup car from the 996 and raced it against group 4. Brilliant race.

If I get another 19 of the same Porsche, upgrade them all to the same spec and then give them all individual livery’s I’ve got an entire field of Porsche cup cars. Obviously thats a lot of credits to achieve but the possibility is there.

The same could be done with literally any car in the game that allows custom liveries. Retro F1, Touring Cars, Lambo Cup, Megane trophy, Clio Cup Etc. You can even name the AI drivers!
Yep. I'm working in all muscle cars, well all classics. Own liveries etc. Playing with PP so the fields even. Full race mini coopers can give the muscle cars a run on twisty tracks. You can always create own liveries too. I'll try get a few double ups to have more than 1 of each looking the same. And yes tuning your own gt3 or 4 cars the same. Even switching up their liveries. However, it would of been nice to do custom championships

Everyone's praising the physics for finally being realistic and now you, someone who played the older titles, says they're broken.

It's a you problem.

The other day I went to Tsukuba and managed to pull off my first ever proper drift with a wheel, meanwhile cars stay planted with enough downforce and you can really feel it.

New cars, tracks, and features have already been announced coming. Sit tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back