Not good at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The career mode has less than half the amount of races GT Sport did.

But we just have to wait for the updates, guys! Just wait for the updates for this game to get on the level of the game it's based on! Five years is apparently not even enough to come up with a half decent list of events.

Last edited:
Throttle control.
Problem there old bean is GT7 seems to operate on the strict notion that 0.5% too much throttle is insta-death.
Same goes for braking 14% brakes isn't enough to stop you... 15% brakes unsettles the car and is insta-death.

I get everyone who isn't having issues is big burly hairy chested men, but at the end it the day this is a game, it's supposed to be fun and accessible. Maybe PD could introduce an adjustment menu to increase the tolerances for smooth driving and insta-death.

Now true there's assists in game TCS, stability etc but all these do is numb the sensations, they essentially remove the reasons your playing Gran Turismo and not say Need for Speed.

I've had to run with full assists on (bar auto drives) and the cars are lifeless and on the replays they look silly, constantly twitching and bobbing and wobbling as the game tries to kill me and save me all at the same moment.

For this game to survive and keep players here both new and old like myself it needs to chill on the hard-core surgical precision thing, because frankly after a hard day at work last thing I want to do is have a second job trying to play a game.

Because as I said... its a game at the end of the day.

In some areas the game is great, no doubt about it.
But in so many ways it’s an absolute joke, and the fact that PD have been doing this for TWENTY FIVE YEARS, and they still make such boneheaded design decisions is just unforgivable.

Been playing GT since the first game, and only GTS left me more disappointed with the product I bought, but it’s close.
I guarantee that this is the last GT I buy on release at full price!

Ironically you could go play Project Cars 2 now for the PS5, and get better physics, more tracks, over 100 unique cars, tons of content, championships, single player, hot laps, it's endless.

And arguably better graphics than GT7

And to top it off, you can probably pick it up for 10 bucks at your local used video game store.

Last edited:
Ironically you could go play Project Cars 2 now for the PS5, and get better physics, more tracks, over 100 unique cars, tons of content, championships, single player, hot laps, it's endless.

And arguably better graphics than GT7

And to top it off, you can probably pick it up for 10 bucks at your local used video game store.
You think PC2 "arguably" looks better than GT 7?

Ok, where's your argument?

PC2 on back-compat is ugly, with terrible AA and ugly textures.
Now, on pc, that's a different story - as would a proper ps5 version.

But the ps4 version on ps5?

No...just no.

I have AC, PC 1, 2, and 3, Grid (2019), and none look as good as GT 7 - mainly because they aren't proper ps5 versions of the game.

Driveclub is the only game that is comparable, which is ironic for a game that old.

Last edited:
Lets be honest here. The game is very good at certain things but very lacking in some areas...and in some places a big downgrade from GTS (lobby settings for example)

The campaign is very short compared to previous GT's. I was genuinely shocked when it ended, "is that it?" I thought, no Gr.2 races, no Gr.1, no endurance races, WTF?

Hopefully these will get added in time, but the fact is there's a lot of features missing that should be in the game from the start, no excuses!

All there really is left to do now is spam the higher paying races to get coin to buy cars, which is going to get old fast...😒

Everyone's praising the physics for finally being realistic and now you, someone who played the older titles, says they're broken.

It's a you problem.

The other day I went to Tsukuba and managed to pull off my first ever proper drift with a wheel, meanwhile cars stay planted with enough downforce and you can really feel it.

New cars, tracks, and features have already been announced coming. Sit tight.
and new events for career mode and missions are also coming. We already got a lot of new music rally and we are only at the beggining

What's the fun in racing the AI, rather than saving money for baying or tuning the cars you love?

Cold Licenses, Cold Missions, be better in the online races, collect all the cars, acquire the plat. trophy is key for fun in this game for me.

Last edited:

But we just have to wait for the updates, guys! Just wait for the updates for this game to get on the level of the game it's based on! Five years is apparently not even enough to come up with a half decent list of events.
Yeah it needs 2-3 years of updates to get at GT4 longevity levels

Wow, people actually defending this 5 minute campaign? Unbelievable. 9 years after Gt6 and 80 bucks later and THIS ******** is supposed to be a whole GT mode? Even a prologue had more to do wtf...

This is not even a discussion, it's shocking. Think about GT3, gt4, even 5. After the whole Gt7 campaign you would have done maybe 5 percent of those games.

But now fanboys tell us to just waste your time with random cars on random courses for nothing, because that's what you do when you love cars, right? You really are a PR victim.

Oh and how do updates make it better? Because you have more random events that are not really part of the gt mode? That's just work... There is a reason there's no percentage whatsoever. Yamauchi needs to leave. After 25 years he still has no clue how to make a game around his stuff.

Last edited:
At the rate some people here play games, even if it had 500 events, you'd finish it within a month and then start whinging that there's nothing to do.
Yeah that's why every other GT actually had those numbers and no one complained.

I would even expect a monkey to make a better point.

Exacly, you can literaly create a full grid of whatever you have in your garage.

Yesterday I made my own Porsche cup car from the 996 and raced it against group 4. Brilliant race.

If I get another 19 of the same Porsche, upgrade them all to the same spec and then give them all individual livery’s I’ve got an entire field of Porsche cup cars. Obviously thats a lot of credits to achieve but the possibility is there.

The same could be done with literally any car in the game that allows custom liveries. Retro F1, Touring Cars, Lambo Cup, Megane trophy, Clio Cup Etc. You can even name the AI drivers!
I had no idea you could do this! Very much looking forward to creating my own races using my own garage cars. That sounds awesome!!

You create your own races, custom race is available on every circuit, that's a big bonus. And you can set 200 laps, endurance enough for you? Plus get a good collection of cars and set AI to drive them. Make any class you want, there's more than enough choice. And the time and weather.. fuel, tyre wear it's all there.
Once I’ve finished the cafe menus I’ll be doing races like this. With GRID STARTS.

It’s gonna be epic. I’ve got years of this game left to play 😎

Ironically you could go play Project Cars 2 now for the PS5, and get better physics,
LMAO this has got to be a joke, Project Cars 2 has probably the worst FFB physics of any game I have ever experienced, and there is no feel for tire grip. You never feel the limits of the tires and their grip, the cars are basically floating.
And I played PC2 for 600+ hours. The content of that game is absolutely amazing, but the physics totally ruin it.

If you want to make physics comparisons, take Assetto Corsa.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, guys. I can now take off my flame retardant suit. 😀

The more l play GT7 the more l feel like i've been scammed. It feels shoddy and cheap, too.

The physics and handling of these cars are on a par with an old GRID game!

Those WTC races that appear after completing are so tacked on.
The scope of racing in career mode is awful and dumbed down.
Where do you think the update options for more racing championships will show? It all looks a bit finite to me with no room for expansion.

Also, where is this AI i've been reading about?
The AI in this game is not much different from GTS...

...and just look at the race option, yes a single option only, for the Le Mans track. Unbelievable!

At least they were right about collecting cars. That could be all you'll do with them at the moment.
Scammed is a pretty good word for it imo, especially taking in to consideration the micro transactions. I guess now we know why they hyped it up way more than previous games.

LMAO this has got to be a joke, Project Cars 2 has probably the worst FFB physics of any game I have ever experienced, and there is no feel for tire grip. You never feel the limits of the tires and their grip, the cars are basically floating.
And I played PC2 for 600+ hours. The content of that game is absolutely amazing, but the physics totally ruin it.

If you want to make physics comparisons, take Assetto Corsa.

That's a load

I too have hundreds of hours in PC2. Its physics model is vastly superior to GT7. Not even in question. You can keep a car on the edge you can bounce it through the turns you can skip the tires..
It's not as precise as ACC, or AMS oni racing, but it's not even a comparison with GT7.

GT7 is a freaking joke.

Last edited:
Everyone's praising the physics for finally being realistic and now you, someone who played the older titles, says they're broken.

It's a you problem.

The other day I went to Tsukuba and managed to pull off my first ever proper drift with a wheel, meanwhile cars stay planted with enough downforce and you can really feel it.

New cars, tracks, and features have already been announced coming. Sit tight.
It's not a "you" problem when tonnes of people with real world track/sports car experience call our the physics. It's clearly wrong and questionable. It's irrelevant how it compares to old GT's, it's simple far removed from actual real world driving.

It's not a "you" problem when tonnes of people with real world track/sports car experience call our the physics. It's clearly wrong and questionable. It's irrelevant how it compares to old GT's, it's simple far removed from actual real world driving.
Hey... Smart yamauchi surely has a plan. Like he had with sport, when he changed the physics drastically so that every license, every mission was a joke to gold afterwards. I see the same genius move here.

Same with tuning in sports mode. This guy is just naive. He thinks there will be hard races across several cars.... While in reality it's a videogame that gets exploited so that you have to drive the same car with the same tricks over and over again.

Yamauchi just thinks his system is so perfect while it's completely useless.

Wow, people actually defending this 5 minute campaign? Unbelievable. 9 years after Gt6 and 80 bucks later and THIS ******** is supposed to be a whole GT mode? Even a prologue had more to do wtf...

This is not even a discussion, it's shocking. Think about GT3, gt4, even 5. After the whole Gt7 campaign you would have done maybe 5 percent of those games.

But now fanboys tell us to just waste your time with random cars on random courses for nothing, because that's what you do when you love cars, right? You really are a PR victim.

Oh and how do updates make it better? Because you have more random events that are not really part of the gt mode? That's just work... There is a reason there's no percentage whatsoever. Yamauchi needs to leave. After 25 years he still has no clue how to make a game around his stuff.
Aren't you a piece of work.

False.

GT Sport had 218, GT7 currently has maybe 100 or a little more, excluding of course missions, licenses and circuit experience. Underwhelming... They really need to add tons of events and races with updates to give GT7 the value it deserve to be really called as the best GT ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back