not sure if i am even going to buy a wheel anymore

  • Thread starter Thread starter McLarenGTR
  • 49 comments
  • 4,206 views
Could someone recommend a good wheel the has a clutch pedal and that the gear shifter can be put on the left?

Sorry for drifting OT
 
Why don't you just wait a week or maybe two for it to arrive? What is it these days with people and patience? I see it all the time here on gtp, with the seasonals or people wanting to complete the game (whatever that means) in a week etc.

If you're really that eager, just go to a store, no?
 
notmychoice
Buying a wheel is definitely worth it. Opens up the game completely. In fact I'm sure most would agree that GT5 was made with the wheel-user in mind.

Along that note: pm sent.

Last time i had a wheel i stomped the gas pedal out of its mount with a... umm... rather aggressive throttle input... on the uhh... first day i had it.. it kinda.... stopped working... i stopped buying wheels after this
 
Cool-Starry-Bra.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: 👍
 
For everyone saying get a G27, have you guys had the problem of the Wheel Position sensor loosing place? I have had to tear my wheel apart 4 times and tighten down the screws/Glue the Sensor wheel back to the shaft and this last time I used Gorilla Glue and Lock-tight on each part respectively, so I shouldn't have to go back in.
 
Man that sucks. Flea-bay it. Might be able to get it faster....
 
Could someone recommend a good wheel the has a clutch pedal and that the gear shifter can be put on the left?

Sorry for drifting OT

Look in the Steering wheels & Racing cockpits section.

Steering wheels & Cockpits

Easy list:
Fanatec Carerra kit
G25
G27
Any Fanatec wheel with shifter and pedals combo
 
Last edited:
From personal experience, I can't recommend a whell strongly enough.
(Yeah, it's not suited for Photo Mode, and works but is far too bulky for B-Spec, if you're driving you want to do it with a wheel.)

Don't know where you're at, but Gamestop as others have mentioned is always a solid choice (and it's my first choice for PS3 stuff).

Guess I'm fortunate that I have three Gamestop stores in my town (and no, I don't live in like Manhattan or LA or some major metropolis, I live in this little border town in a state that doesn't have a sales tax, so it's an out-of-state shopping destination to our neighbors).

I pre-ordered my copy of GT5 as soon as the 11/24 date was official, and was able to grab a DFGT right off the shelf at the Gamestop I arranged to pick-up my pre-ordered copy for $130.

I haven't plugged it in lately and switched to B-Spec, but the wheel is calling me. I'll need to deal with tightening the legs on the end table I was using as a mount for my DFGT (because I've been a little too vigorous and have started to make the table a little jiggly), but I'll see if I can get it kicking this weekend!

It's just not the same with the DS3 controller. Steering was a little weird at first, but I just can't get the precision dual feathering of the accelerator and brakes the same as I can with the DFGT wheel.

Without the wheel it's just B-Spec and Photo Mode for me. Don't miss out on the immersion factor and experience - if you can manage it!

Peace...
 
i've got 2 gamestops in my town and 1 best buy, but according to all their website none of the stores have the DFGT in stock. maybe i'll just go look anyways, but i doubt they will have it.
 
i've got 2 gamestops in my town and 1 best buy, but according to all their website none of the stores have the DFGT in stock. maybe i'll just go look anyways, but i doubt they will have it.

And thanks to modern technology, you can also call in advance and save the gas.

Regardless, I'll reiterate you should just try the logitech site.
 
And thanks to modern technology, you can also call in advance and save the gas.

Regardless, I'll reiterate you should just try the logitech site.

Logitech is out of stock for both their wheels right now.
 
Logitech is out of stock for both their wheels right now.

Those bastards!

Good on you for keeping the thread up to date. 👍
 
That's kinda what happened to me.

I ordered gt5, then ordered a DFGT from Amazon warehouse deals since they had it in stock. They sent it out, and it was the wireless version that had no pedals or shifter, just the one that sits on your lap. They actually shipped it in the DFGT box. Anyway, I returned that back and ordered a DFGT from Dell. After a week of no change in shipping status, I cancelled it and ordered a Fanatec Carrera. Got it in a week and have been playing GT5 and Rfactor since.
 
Those bastards!

Good on you for keeping the thread up to date. 👍

No problemo :) BTW Just got my g27 for $280 USD from circuit city through amazon. DFGT is decently priced there as well.
 
My G27 arrived in 4 days from amazon, G27 FTW!
 
well amazon has some in stock right now for $135.. but im waiting on about $400 worth of DFGTs to come back to my bank account. you think if i emailed amazon they could hold one for me or do they not do that?
 
Yesterday my Thrustmaster T500 arrived, what an incredible wheel. Several months ago I purchased a Logitec G27, but it never worked properly with GT5 so I returned it. That was a wise decision, the T500 makes the G27 look like a cheap toy. I am not knocking anyone that has the G27, Once you try the T500 you will never go back to Logitec.
 
Isn't it easier to get it from amazon or logitech themselves?
 
Back