Not well known artists that you loveMusic 

• Thread starter gt5a
  • 86 comments
Alyssa Marie: she is a hip hop artist with great flow and a great lyricist. One of my
Fav's.

Also Blue Scholars, great duo who discuss problems in society. And have great flow and beats.

Honorable mentions:
Atmosphere
Phonte
Maundz (Aussie rapper from Melbourne)
Grieves
Oddisee

Not clear, but believe Ani DiFranco is not that well known.

She is most known for a discussion why she earned more for every CD then Hootie and the Blowfish, but that is beside the fact.
She makes some great music and is a fantastic performer.

did not look at her latest work (normally a CD a year).

Ryan Sheridan

He started off busking in Dublin

Diego Garcia love his stuff
btw I didn't find him by watching Jersey Shore as most of the comments state :)

Last edited:
I've listened to a bit of Fightstar. Everyone's probably going to laugh when I say that their lead singer was once in Busted...:/

Edgar Winter Group.

I'd certainly agree on the Edgar Winter Group, but I'm not sure they're a "not well-known" group; they did place three songs on the Top 40 (US) including a Number One hit. Either way, good stuff here.

If you like 60's girl group sounds with a soulful touch, check out the Royalettes. They had a regional hit in the Philadelphia area with "It's Gonna Take a Miracle" (they're from Maryland) but they never caught on nationally, unfortunately.

They did a cover of the song "Yes I'm Ready" which I prefer to Barbara Mason's Top 10 version.

I'd certainly agree on the Edgar Winter Group, but I'm not sure they're a "not well-known" group; they did place three songs on the Top 40 (US) including a Number One hit. Either way, good stuff here.
Back in the '70's, sure. But probably 8 out of 10 people today would have never heard of them.

Being a metal fan, just about every single band I listen to other than maybe 10 of them are not well know. Here's a few: Testament, Exodus, Death, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Nevermore...the list could go on forever.

Being a metal fan, just about every single band I listen to other than maybe 10 of them are not well know. Here's a few: Testament, Exodus, Death, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Nevermore...the list could go on forever.

Not the hugest metal fan, but I know and like two Testament songs:

The Joy Formidable

Like their sound. I'll have to check 'em out. :) 👍

Molly Hatchet
Peter Frampton
The Sweet
Cheap Trick
They're all classic rock bands.
Besides The Sweet (thanks to 2 of their members passing away in the early 80's), Cheap Trick & Peter Frampton are still very well known bands who have a large array of hits & Frampton being known for his talkbox. Both of these artists are still producing albums & touring. Molly still tours as well, but the loss of key band members has slowed them down over the last decade.

Back in the '70's, sure. But probably 8 out of 10 people today would have never heard of them.

Okay, I have to agree with that. Which probably means that 8 out of 10 people today never heard of the majority of the artists in my music collection, heh.

Latest Posts

Back