Not well known artists that you loveMusic 

• Thread starter gt5a
  • 86 comments

Although I had a couple Evie Sands songs on various anthologies I somehow never really paid attention to her work until I came across a copy of her first album Any Way That You Want Me which blew me away. It's surprising to me that she didn't have a lot more commercial success than she did.

Besides from being the most popular symphonic rock band ever...

Come on people NOT well known artist.

Black Pyramid ;)

oh yes, that must be why no one here has ever heard of them (work, Best Buy, Future shop, etc), same for when I was living in New Zealand for 5 years, I apologise.

Pink Floyd
The Beatles
Van Halen
The Who
Eminem

get on these ones guys, i posted some good stuff for you to discover.

if you guys want more suggestions PM me!

oh yes, that must be why no one here has ever heard of them (work, Best Buy, Future shop, etc), same for when I was living in New Zealand for 5 years, I apologise.

More then 88 millions plays on last.fm does not a unknown band make. Best Buy thinks anything not in the top 40 is unknown. I went there once in my life to look for a CD never gone back. Wasn't in insult or anything but they have a massive audience, you probably haven't noticed them out and about because most of that audience is one with the internet. Kind of goes with the territory when you start singing about mystical dragons and ****.

They're not known by the people of our generation though.

Lol what? Even if the large majority of the current generation doesn't listen to stuff pre-1980 doesn't usually mean they don't know about it. At least here wearing retro band T's was and still is a fad, a very annoying one. Maybe people your age aren't as caught up as you are but that isn't a bad thing.

Two of my favorite "underground" bands...

List song is so catchy... So much fun to jam out too.

There is a really awesome underground psychedelic/blues rock movement kind of thing going on. Any Hendrix/Deep Purple/Led Zeppelin fans would love. This is the kind of stuff older folks that bash on the current gen miss.

Watch, listen and weep at this mind distorting, smoke induced jam.

He may be famous for his role in (rumours era)Fleetwood Mac, but people may just remember his hair. Lindsey Buckingham is an excellent guitarist and vocalist. Finger picking was always one of my weak points. I learned a few of his songs and I'm a better musician because of it.

Anyone who liked that video should try and pick up the "sound stage" dvd. Far better version of this song on there and also the best ever recording (IMO) of "Go insane".

Pink Floyd
The Beatles
Van Halen
The Who
Eminem

get on these ones guys, i posted some good stuff for you to discover.

if you guys want more suggestions PM me!

LOL, I like all of them except Eminem...can't stand him

Powerman 5000 and Crazy Town count??? :confused:

They were pretty famous over here (Mexico) for a brief moment... after that, everyone forgot about them...

Here are a few, not sure how unknown some are in the rest of the world but I know very few people I talk to have heard of these people:

Zornik
Yashin
Volbeat
LYU
Kyoto Drive
Karnivool
Ben Folds
Avantasia
Alistair Griffin
Athlete

Quite a variety in music style there but I would highly recommend all of them!

Here are a few, not sure how unknown some are in the rest of the world but I know very few people I talk to have heard of these people:

Volbeat is amazing, I love the mix of styles they have put together its safe to say they don't sound like anyone else. But I think they have gotten past the stage of small time Danish band. They are headlining some pretty big festivals.

Karnivool on the other hand is an awesome prog rock bamd that most certainly is "unknown"... 👍 Good to see another fan.

So you really ended up liking them. I'm really glad, Bôa absolutely rule.

My contribution to this thread is an extraordinary band out of Japan that I cannot push enough. They have become my favorite band in the scarce two years I've followed them.

Spangle call Lili line:

Ratatat
Parov Stelar
Star Sailor
Gramatik
Four Tet
Hint

Don't know how popular any of these are. Most people I talk to have never heard of them. But then again, I don't usually follow or keep up with much of anything. lol

Being a metal fan, just about every single band I listen to other than maybe 10 of them are not well know. Here's a few: Testament, Exodus, Death, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Nevermore...the list could go on forever.

👍

I like a lot but I'll list a few.

Man or Astro-man?
Praxis
Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains
Oysterhead
Thanatopsis
Laundry
Kodomo
Blotted Science
Mono Men
Uniquetunes

I know Buckethead is a bit more popular now, but he has a lot of unknown stuff to people who my be unfamiliar to him.

Back