Not what i expectedPS4 

• Thread starter mpboy
  • 60 comments
It is the only explanation I have for not seeing friends 3,000 miles away.

You are quite correct and my opinion has not changed at all, I only play it online. You have no idea how much it irks me to do that :-( At least I can round up a couple of friends and get the AI to join to make up numbers.

Desperate measures for desperate times ;-)

I would really like to say that if AC had the same online functionality as GT6 I would be online racing right now with a smile from ear to ear and would have cancelled my pre-order for GT Sport.

You honestly need to realize when enough is enough, i mean no disrespect but jeesh, everyone here has given you the alternatives that we use and as a matter of fact, sign up here so we can race, you don't have to do anything just accept the invite and you will be in a room full of people who enjoy the game.
Take the offer or don't but please leave it alone then

You honestly need to realize when enough is enough, i mean no disrespect but jeesh, everyone here has given you the alternatives that we use and as a matter of fact, sign up here so we can race, you don't have to do anything just accept the invite and you will be in a room full of people who enjoy the game.
Take the offer or don't but please leave it alone then

So you are saying I am being unreasonable for wanting to race what I want, where I want and with whom I want like what is available with just about every other racing game?

I have clicked your link and my home at GMT +8 it looks like you want me to up at 04:00am local time as well.

And you think I am being unreasonable and should "leave it alone"....mmmmmmm................

I only want what is currently promised on Kunoas's web site http://www.console.assettocorsa.net/ "Fully customizable single player, and multiplayer modes include quick races, race weekends including free practice sessions, qualifying session, drift challenges and more!"

Do I also need to remind you about what the title of this thread is? And how what I have paid for is NOT what I expected either.

What's the point of having so many features (which is great, by the way) if you can't see other cars and/or if you are regularly disconnected?

I did say the features and that would obviously exclude the negatives ;-)

Simple solution to your problem, Sell it

My problem?! You seem to believe that somehow I have contributed to the current state of affairs on PS4. It's my fault the fixed lobbies are devoid of interest and are region locked so that the few people that do venture forth can't see anyone in my time zone?

It's my problem that you want me to get up and go race with with the people you suggested at 4:00 am in the morning?

It's my problem that Kunos wont update the product to what they say it will do on their website? Or at least change the website to reflect what the game won't do and then I would move on and treat this as another bad experience where a studio has over promised and under delivered.

My problem?! You seem to believe that somehow I have contributed to the current state of affairs on PS4. It's my fault the fixed lobbies are devoid of interest and are region locked so that the few people that do venture forth can't see anyone in my time zone?

It's my problem that you want me to get up and go race with with the people you suggested at 4:00 am in the morning?

It's my problem that Kunos wont update the product to what they say it will do on their website? Or at least change the website to reflect what the game won't do and then I would move on and treat this as another bad experience where a studio has over promised and under delivered.
Perhaps you can post your issues on the Kunos site.Your not going to get anything solved posting here.

Perhaps you can post your issues on the Kunos site.Your not going to get anything solved posting here.

I have seen how console users are treated on the official website and how they are threaten with bans and threads closed. It would appear nothing will be achieved there either so I would prefer to post amongst friends here.

At least our moderators here are not biased and will allow discussion on the negative side of this (and other) game(s).

BTW it is you're not "your".

I have seen how console users are treated on the official website and how they are threaten with bans and threads closed. It would appear nothing will be achieved there either so I would prefer to post amongst friends here.

At least our moderators here are not biased and will allow discussion on the negative side of this (and other) game(s).

Well, you're at around 15 posts on this game.
You know how phones correct everything?
Perhaps you're comma,doesn't work on you're keyboard. I'm sure the word you meant was "threatened".
People are threatened? What is their life in danger? Threads are locked, because some people go on and on.
Or they simply don't listen to moderators requests. I've never had a thread locked.
Some people have!

Last edited:

Moderator on the official forum have nothing against constructive criticism and reporting of issues, it is actually the main reason for the forum. What is not tolerated anymore is bashing, complaining for the sake of complaining and false arguments with sole purpose of creating hate.
Trouble maker are dealt with the same way irrelevant of them being a PC or a console user.

You are right mate, it's not your problem, the problem is that you are making it your problem by complaining about things that have workarounds, most games these days come out with flaws and we live with that problem, or one simply chooses to not engage in the game in the first place, as for waking up at 4am, trust me i wouldn't do that either, i would rather stick to what works and go on with my life and maybe get back to the thing i would like to experience when it suits my needs.

By no means were my comments meant to offend you or cause problems between us, for all we know we could be best buds once we on the track and using a headset.

i hope you will get a chance to enjoy the game someday mate.

If i may ask, how much time difference is there between your area and South Africa, perhaps we can work something out, out here(SA) we only have about 20 if not less people, that's why i am more involved here to meet people whom i can race with, despite the odd hours which in most cases are not bad at all.

For the benefit of @TT92 and others complaining similarly, here's a recipe for fun.
I know you may still find stuff to complain about, like 'how to find willing players in my time zone in the 1st place?' but we can't solve everything for you.
This maybe a ''recipe for fun'' for you and it may work for others, but it does not work for me. You know what does, this...

"Fully customizable single player, and multiplayer modes include quick races, race weekends including free practice sessions, qualifying session, drift challenges and more!"

... and until these features are included (hopefully soon) it remains a very valid complaint. Once they are added I won't complain about them (as long as they work correctly) but until then, why wouldn't I? Am I supposed to just accept workarounds? I don't see anyone asking you to solve everything but I would like to see Kunos deliver as promised, after all it's their job, not yours;).

This maybe a ''recipe for fun'' for you and it may work for others, but it does not work for me. You know what does, this...

"Fully customizable single player, and multiplayer modes include quick races, race weekends including free practice sessions, qualifying session, drift challenges and more!"

... and until these features are included (hopefully soon) it remains a very valid complaint. Once they are added I won't complain about them (as long as they work correctly) but until then, why wouldn't I? Am I supposed to just accept workarounds? I don't see anyone asking you to solve everything but I would like to see Kunos deliver as promised, after all it's their job, not yours;).

Please let me apologise for trying to get the best out of the game as I have it.

To a much lesser degree, it's a bit like telling Jack Spades and Oscar Olim "Thank you but we didn't ask you to go into that much effort, the devs should have made the FFB more straight forward".

Last edited:
You are right mate, it's not your problem, the problem is that you are making it your problem by complaining about things that have workarounds, most games these days come out with flaws and we live with that problem, or one simply chooses to not engage in the game in the first place, as for waking up at 4am, trust me i wouldn't do that either, i would rather stick to what works and go on with my life and maybe get back to the thing i would like to experience when it suits my needs.

By no means were my comments meant to offend you or cause problems between us, for all we know we could be best buds once we on the track and using a headset.

I really do believe this game is loaded with potential and there is no argument about the physics being superb. So I am extremely disappointed with how it is presented and its abysmal functionality. I am also missing racing with my friends quite badly. So yes, I am little sensitive to any perceived criticism and have previously had quite enough of "Fan Boys" in other sections of this forum just hurling mindless abuse at me because I am the idiot that can't use a defective game properly. To be very clear here, I am NOT accusing you or anyone else of being a Fanboy in this thread.

I am also quite sure we could be pals too. A great start is being able to have a reasoned and intelligent discussion on a subject we are both passionate about.

i hope you will get a chance to enjoy the game someday mate.

I feel it will be a long road and quite a wait. I just hope that Kunos doesn't do a SMS with PCARS and just say that's enough, stop development and move onto to PCARS2 >:-(

If i may ask, how much time difference is there between your area and South Africa, perhaps we can work something out, out here(SA) we only have about 20 if not less people, that's why i am more involved here to meet people whom i can race with, despite the odd hours which in most cases are not bad at all.

You are GMT +2, I am GMT +8 so a 6 hour difference. If you are on at 6:00pm that is midnight for me :-( Already "Pumpkin hour" for me ;-)

Please let me apologise for trying to get the best out of the game as I have it.

To a much lesser degree, it's a bit like telling Jack Spades and Oscar Olim "Thank you but we didn't ask you to go into that much effort, the devs should have made the FFB more straight forward".
No need to apologise as I never said you weren't free ''to get the best out of the game as you have it'' and I do stand by the fact that I have every right to complain about having to resort to a workaround (that is not appropriate for my circumstances) when I should not have to. If you can take off your rose coloured glasses for long enough to read the article about lobbies in AC in the news section you might be surprised at the description of this workaround. It seems to me that even Kunos find the current system unacceptable, as they should when they said they would have "Fully customizable single player, and multiplayer modes '' so I really don't understand why you seem to think it's ok, and please keep in mind that this is the ''Not What I Expected'' thread and not the ''trying to get the best out of the game as I have it'' one.

I really do believe this game is loaded with potential and there is no argument about the physics being superb. So I am extremely disappointed with how it is presented and its abysmal functionality. I am also missing racing with my friends quite badly.
^^This pretty much sums up my feelings ^^. 👍 I've had to go back to GT6 for my online fix.

No need to apologise as I never said you weren't free ''to get the best out of the game as you have it'' and I do stand by the fact that I have every right to complain about having to resort to a workaround (that is not appropriate for my circumstances) when I should not have to. If you can take off your rose coloured glasses for long enough to read the article about lobbies in AC in the news section you might be surprised at the description of this workaround. It seems to me that even Kunos find the current system unacceptable, as they should when they said they would have "Fully customizable single player, and multiplayer modes '' so I really don't understand why you seem to think it's ok, and please keep in mind that this is the ''Not What I Expected'' thread and not the ''trying to get the best out of the game as I have it'' one.

^^This pretty much sums up my feelings ^^. 👍 I've had to go back to GT6 for my online fix.

My reply was sarcastic... Never mind.

I'll try to make it simple: yes we need private lobbies. But in the meantime, there is nothing wrong in looking for workarounds and trying to be helpful...

Last edited:
You are GMT +2, I am GMT +8 so a 6 hour difference. If you are on at 6:00pm that is midnight for me :-( Already "Pumpkin hour" for me ;-)

So let's say weekend, between 10 am for and 4pm your time, i am sure some of the guys i race wouldn't mind having sessions during this time, sorry i am speaking for myself but i would hope that if you really wanna have some races you can make some time for this.
Add me on PSN and let's see how it goes.
Or wait for the said Private lobbies to come, which i have a feeling won't be as everyone would expect them to be, think Destiny for instance

My reply was sarcastic... Never mind.
I know, so was the first part of my post, but yeah, you know.... Never mind.:rolleyes:

I'll try to make it simple: yes we need private lobbies. But in the meantime, there is nothing wrong in looking for workarounds and trying to be helpful...
No need to make it simple on my behalf and as I don't know your situation I can't comment on whether this is for your own needs but, IMO there is also nothing wrong with being disappointed about the exclusion (so far) of "Fully customizable single player, and multiplayer modes '' in a ''Not What I Expected'' thread, which was my main point in the first place. In my first reply to you I said ''This maybe a ''recipe for fun'' for you and it may work for others'', this was not meant as criticism of you being helpful, but you saying...
For the benefit of @TT92 and others complaining similarly, here's a recipe for fun.
I know you may still find stuff to complain about, like 'how to find willing players in my time zone in the 1st place?' but we can't solve everything for you.
...comes across to me as ''this works, what's your problem?''. You're solution, which as I said may help you and others, doesn't go any where near close enough to the lobbies I expected (and still expect), hence my posts in this thread (also please note that I have not entered your thread and criticized your workaround which has obviously helped you and your friends out).

I also do not think private lobbies is the answer for this game and am at a total loss as to why Kunos don't make fully customizable public lobbies with simple ''Friends only'' and ''Kick'' features.

And I have a very enjoyable life thank you, and no worries to you too:cheers: Edit: This was in reply to a now edited out remark)

Last edited:
I know, so was the first part of my post, but yeah, you know.... Never mind.:rolleyes:

No need to make it simple on my behalf and as I don't know your situation I can't comment on whether this is for your own needs but, IMO there is also nothing wrong with being disappointed about the exclusion (so far) of "Fully customizable single player, and multiplayer modes '' in a ''Not What I Expected'' thread, which was my main point in the first place. In my first reply to you I said ''This maybe a ''recipe for fun'' for you and it may work for others'', this was not meant as criticism of you being helpful, but you saying...

...comes across to me as ''this works, what's your problem?''. You're solution, which as I said may help you and others, doesn't go any where near close enough to the lobbies I expected (and still expect), hence my posts in this thread (also please note that I have not entered your thread and criticized your workaround which has obviously helped you and your friends out).

I also do not think private lobbies is the answer for this game and am at a total loss as to why Kunos don't make fully customizable public lobbies with simple ''Friends only'' and ''Kick'' features.

And I have a very enjoyable life thank you, and no worries to you too:cheers:
I believe Warrius is trying to say, "When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade". If you're seeing negativity in that, it's on you.

I believe Warrius is trying to say, "When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade". If you're seeing negativity in that, it's on you.
Maybe a less sarcastic post from Warrius would have been a better way for him to start. Something like this edited version...
For the benefit of @TT92 and others having difficulties with online, here's a recipe for fun. that works for me:)
If you couldn't detect the sarcasm in his post, it's on you.;)

I used to be a PC gamer and gave up because of all the hassles, the constant updates, the endless expense of new video cards, CPUs, RAM etc, etc. Now I just want plug "n" play. Buy a new console every 3-5 years and know that what ever game I buy will work on it.

Just wanted to clear this up.

I don't know what issues you've faced, but my PC gaming experience has been a lot more "plug and play" than any console I've owned. Buy, download, play. Also if you do your research and build it right, you can get an affordable PC that will play games at high setting for at least the next 5 years. Hell a 570 from way back in 2011 will run AC just fine on med-high settings. AC will only get better on consoles but if you want to experience the most authentic sim racing and friendly community, PC is your only answer.

\End PC Master Race Rant

Just wanted to clear this up.

I don't know what issues you've faced, but my PC gaming experience has been a lot more "plug and play" than any console I've owned. Buy, download, play. Also if you do your research and build it right, you can get an affordable PC that will play games at high setting for at least the next 5 years. Hell a 570 from way back in 2011 will run AC just fine on med-high settings. AC will only get better on consoles but if you want to experience the most authentic sim racing and friendly community, PC is your only answer.

\End PC Master Race Rant

Totally agree with your post, I have shared the same experience, after PS3 I started my PC gaming journey with an older Apple Mac Pro, I had zero issues and AC was running very well on it, I have now built my own gaming PC to be able to enjoy VR and so far so good, zero issues again. In this day and age of google search it is really easy to put together a reasonable rig and it feels like plug and play. On console the console manufacturer decide what you can play and with what peripherals, on PC you decide what your gaming experience is going to be like and what peripheral your are going to use, it is a normal evolution in a gamer life.

I can understand why some people would prefer to game on a console. While I think it's an "easier" process overall, I think PC's get a bad wrap for their complexities. Yes, it is easier to unbox a PlayStation, plug in the power & HDMI, pair a controller insert a game and you're off and running. PC's are a little bit more involved than that, but I don't think that much. But, to each their own.

The only reason I ever even had a PS3 in the first place was so my then girlfriend's daughter had something to play when she was over my house and screaming about being bored. :D So, I bought the PS3 so she could play games at my place and be happy for 5 minutes. I'm actually very thankful for that because I never would have gotten into any type of sim racing without having started with GT6 in 2013.

I've abandoned that, of course, for a much better experience. One good thing about PC gaming is, you're going to have a computer or three in your house to begin with. Why not have one of them be pretty killer spec wise and it's not just a game system the way a console is? While I play Assetto Corsa from this laptop, I spend a heck of a lot more time not gaming on it then I do with the steering wheel plugged in.

But, everybody has their own right to game however they prefer. It's just too bad that their is such an enormous difference between PC & Console versions of Assetto Corsa. :grumpy:

It's just too bad that their is such an enormous difference between PC & Console versions of Assetto Corsa. :grumpy:

Can anyone name any other games where there is such a large difference? I personally have not heard of other games where this is such an issue.

Can anyone name any other games where there is such a large difference? I personally have not heard of other games where this is such an issue.

PCars runs very well on PC and can be stunning graphically, on console not so much, the list could be longer, but those are the only 2 SIMs available both on console and PC. All other SIM, RF2, AMS, LFS, R3E are not available on console and Forza, GT6 and Driveclub are not SIMs
In any case the difference on AC between PC and console is mostly due to different stage in development and with time all AC version should be almost similar.
@ALB123 I agree console is easier than PC and for someone who is not much into SIM, it is good enough, but if anyone is passionate enough that he spends regular time on a Forum and has friends to race inline, PC, although a little more demanding initially, is the only sane choice, except if that someone is also into complaining a lot, then trying to drive a SIM on console is a better choice. :lol:

Last edited:
PCars runs very well on PC and can be stunning graphically, on console not so much, the list could be longer, but those are the only 2 SIMs available both on console and PC. All other SIM, RF2, AMS, LFS, R3E are not available on console and Forza, GT6 and Driveclub are not SIMs
In any case the difference on AC between PC and console is mostly due to different stage in development and with time all AC version should be almost similar.
@ALB123 I agree console is easier than PC and for someone who is not much into SIM, it is good enough, but if anyone is passionate enough that he spends regular time on a Forum and has friends to race inline, PC, although a little more demanding initially, is the only sane choice, except if that someone is also into complaining a lot, then trying to drive a SIM on console is a better choice. :lol:
Getting the hell off GT6 and onto AC is the best move I could have possibly made. I'm 1,000 times happier than I ever was with GT6 and I truly was happy with GT6 for a while...but I also didn't know any better. Now, I might move on to something else someday, but it will definitely be on the PC. I don't plan to ever own a console again because I just don't have a need. I don't play other games and if I wanted to, I'd probably be able to find a PC version anyway. :) Some people prefer consoles....That's cool. Totally their choice. Some people prefer to play sims with a controller. That I find strange, considering steering wheels exist for these games and are actually designed to make use of FFB wheels, but again, to each their own. Everybody has their own preference.

Getting the hell off GT6 and onto AC is the best move I could have possibly made. I'm 1,000 times happier than I ever was with GT6 and I truly was happy with GT6 for a while...but I also didn't know any better. Now, I might move on to something else someday, but it will definitely be on the PC. I don't plan to ever own a console again because I just don't have a need. I don't play other games and if I wanted to, I'd probably be able to find a PC version anyway. :) Some people prefer consoles....That's cool. Totally their choice. Some people prefer to play sims with a controller. That I find strange, considering steering wheels exist for these games and are actually designed to make use of FFB wheels, but again, to each their own. Everybody has their own preference.

Exactly, everyone has their own preference and that is great, as long as they are happy with their choice and not complaining!like you I was happy with my PS3 and GT6, not complaining, now I am happy with on PC with AC, still not complaining about anything, and If someone says GT6 is great, I will agree and recommend they try AC as they might find it even more rewarding.

Back