Noticable stuttering/juddering on PS5?

• Thread starter anaid
  • 87 comments
Hello,

I've noticed pretty big problems while playing GT7 on PS5, constant stuttering, juddering on Trial mountain and Deep forest circuits, and sometimes it's noticeable on other circuits too. I realised this (in most cases) is happening before entering and after exiting out of tunnels, but also when I'm near group of other cars. I can understand having this kind of problems on PS4 console, but for PS5 this is unacceptable.

Am I the only one having this problem and is there any way of fixing this or what?

Thank you for your answers.

p.s. I'm playing on LG C1 TV.

I'm guessing it's heat throttling. The PS5 isn't overly efficient when it comes to cooling.

On a related note, the various Sony PS wireless headsets tend to temporarily lose connection when the action, and the console in the area of the USB ports, is hot and heavy.

I notice it at Daytona too, the 10 lap single player GR3 race was particularly bad last time I checked. My PS5 is in the basement, heat is not an issue.

You are not the only one and this is not a tv problem. It's Polyphony Digital problem.
The frame rate problem kicks out any plans for full PSVR2 support of GT7 (I don't miss that though).
I don't belive it's heat problem as stated above. With freshly powered PS5 go to Daytona with full grid and see what happens. As stated: unacceptable.

I do not see this, but I do have GT7 installed on a larger/faster M.2 drive as well as a charging/cooling stand. Though admittedly, I do not use the cooling features of it with any regularity at this time.

I have very tiny framerate drops at times, exiting the small tunnel at Deep Forest causes it for example. Also I sometimes get some weird light flicker when driving through Terte Rouge.

I get juddering on the PS4 Pro on some tracks, but I am surprised it happens on the 5!
Yeah, I'm also surprised :/ I'm thinking about reinstalling the whole game, I don't know... 🤔

I see that I'm not the only one with this problem, so I just hope that it'll be fixed one way or another...

Yeah, I'm also surprised :/ I'm thinking about reinstalling the whole game, I don't know... 🤔

I see that I'm not the only one with this problem, so I just hope that it'll be fixed one way or another...

Reinstall is no solution :) I reinstalled the game, problems are same :) I dont understand for someone it works very good and for some people like you and me it works horrible bad. I dont know what is the problem, maybe our consoles ?!

Last edited:
LG C1 is on of the best TV for PS5, so TV is not a problem ... The problem is with the game or with the consoles. But its very interesting, because all we have same PS5 consoles and the game works differently for us. For some people works without problem and for some people like you and me its unplayable.

Last edited:
I'm guessing it's heat throttling. The PS5 isn't overly efficient when it comes to cooling.

On a related note, the various Sony PS wireless headsets tend to temporarily lose connection when the action, and the console in the area of the USB ports, is hot and heavy.
PS5 doesn't heat throttle and its extremely efficient with its cooling..
At least do some research on this..

As for the frame drops, ive noticed it actually feels smoother compared to launch. Trial Mountain used to stutter very bad.

Last edited:
At the start of the game there was an option, something about preferring performance over pretty looks. I chose performace and I've only had stuttering in heavy rain with a full grid.

Last edited:
PS5 here (LG C1) and not had any stuttering issues.
At the start of the game there was an option, something about preferring performance over pretty looks. I chose performace and I've only had stuttering in heavy rain with a full grid.
That's for the ray tracing but that only works on replays, scapes etc not the actual racing.

I sometimes have an tiny bit of frame drop at Deep Forest and Trial Mountain when exiting the tunnels. I just chalk it up to using the Tomahawk X, doesn't seem to occur when I'm driving at more realistic speeds.

Trial Mountain is the worst offender, and it's out of the first tunnel after turn 3? Other than that, I don't seem to see it much.

Mine does the same on the PS5, digital copy (so I know it's not trying to read the disc). When there are more than like five, maybe 10 cars on the screen at ones there is some frame drops.

Definitley not heat on mine either as it's in teh basement and I have a desk fan blowing on it every second it's on (as over heating is a gaming systems Achillie's heal).

ETA - Worst for me is Daytona infield, that first 180* right turn, opening lap (aka, a lot of bunched up cars in frame at once)

Last edited:
Mine does the same on the PS5, digital copy (so I know it's not trying to read the disc). When there are more than like five, maybe 10 cars on the screen at ones there is some frame drops.

Definitley not heat on mine either as it's in teh basement and I have a desk fan blowing on it every second it's on (as over heating is a gaming systems Achillie's heal).

ETA - Worst for me is Daytona infield, that first 180* right turn, opening lap (aka, a lot of bunched up cars in frame at once)

Its definitely the problem of the game. The problem is that they did not mentioned that they will solve this kind of problem.

That's an interesting problem.

I'd side on it being a hardware issue, maybe related to heat build up. Personally, I've had zero frame rate issues and my PS5 sits on top of a desk, with wide open ventilation 90% of the time.

Occasionally I may move my console to another room, where it gets placed onto a shelf in a TV stand. The shelf meets the suggested 4" clearance on all sides but after 30 minutes of gaming the space and console become very warm.

I'd see if you get issues with other graphically intensive games (try games with a lot of action that run native 4K at 60hz or above). If you do, that'll confirm hardware issues atleast.

Try to see the replay on High Speed Ring gr4 race...
The frame drops in rt mode and performance mode are just ridiculous!
Ps5 Version

Did a 9 hr stint on GT7,not a stutter at all,next day played for about 1hr and noticed a few frame drops,makes no sense.Go figure.Motogp 21 seems to run stutter free.Im on ps5.

That's an interesting problem.

I'd side on it being a hardware issue, maybe related to heat build up. Personally, I've had zero frame rate issues and my PS5 sits on top of a desk, with wide open ventilation 90% of the time.

Occasionally I may move my console to another room, where it gets placed onto a shelf in a TV stand. The shelf meets the suggested 4" clearance on all sides but after 30 minutes of gaming the space and console become very warm.

I'd see if you get issues with other graphically intensive games (try games with a lot of action that run native 4K at 60hz or above). If you do, that'll confirm hardware issues atleast.

I said to you its PS5 console problem :) Heating or Hardware issue :)

Try to see the replay on High Speed Ring gr4 race...
The frame drops in rt mode and performance mode are just ridiculous!
Ps5 Version

I said to you, its PS5 console problem :) Unfortunately its Hardware issue. The only solution is new PS5 Console

Last edited:
For me is simply and only a bad optimization of the engine of the game.
All the other game run PERFECTLY at 30 or 60 fps rock solid, Gt7 no, simple.

So for Peter the game is optimized well, but for Johann the game is optimized badly. Peter and Johann have PS5 console and they are playing the same game. For Peter works perfectly, but for Johann works with horrible FPS, stutters etc ... How ???

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean. However, for me it is only noticeable on Trial Mountain. In the last corner before the entry of the second tunnel with the long straight.
I don't notice that anywhere else.

FQKr6tEWUAgNL_F.jpg

Back