Noticable stuttering/juddering on PS5?

• Thread starter anaid
  • 87 comments
I know exactly what you mean. However, for me it is only noticeable on Trial Mountain. In the last corner before the entry of the second tunnel with the long straight.
I don't notice that anywhere else.

View attachment 1136965

Ehhh no, for us its problem almost on all tracks. What PS5 version do you have ? The first version ?

I have the first version, maybe the first version PS5 is bad for GT7.

Last edited:
So for Peter the game is optimized well, but for Johann the game is optimized badly. Peter and Johann have PS5 console and the playing the same game, but for Peter works perfectly, but for Johann works with horrible FPS, stutters etc ... How ???
Ask directly to PD not to me 😉
I know my ps5, I know the difference between 30 or 60 fps, i recognize when a game suffer about frame drops, that's all.

That's an interesting problem.

I'd side on it being a hardware issue, maybe related to heat build up. Personally, I've had zero frame rate issues and my PS5 sits on top of a desk, with wide open ventilation 90% of the time.

Occasionally I may move my console to another room, where it gets placed onto a shelf in a TV stand. The shelf meets the suggested 4" clearance on all sides but after 30 minutes of gaming the space and console become very warm.

I'd see if you get issues with other graphically intensive games (try games with a lot of action that run native 4K at 60hz or above). If you do, that'll confirm hardware issues atleast.
My PS5 sits on top of of a desk with wide open ventilation also, all the time, the air coming out of console is not too hot at all (it's normal temperature), so I don't think it's a heating problem 🙂. I also played hours and hours of Spider Man Miles Morales and Jedi fallen order, not a single frame drop, so I really don't think it's hardware issue. When I think about it....I didn't have this kind of issues at the start of my playing GT7, when I bought the game on march 4th... the problem(s) surfaced days and days latter, probably with some update(s) or when I advanced trough the game. I don't know if it's some kind of bug, PD issue with update patch, or what... it's really weird...😐

That's an interesting problem.

I'd side on it being a hardware issue, maybe related to heat build up. Personally, I've had zero frame rate issues and my PS5 sits on top of a desk, with wide open ventilation 90% of the time.

Occasionally I may move my console to another room, where it gets placed onto a shelf in a TV stand. The shelf meets the suggested 4" clearance on all sides but after 30 minutes of gaming the space and console become very warm.

I'd see if you get issues with other graphically intensive games (try games with a lot of action that run native 4K at 60hz or above). If you do, that'll confirm hardware issues atleast.
My PS5 sits on top of of a desk with wide open ventilation also, all the time, the air coming out of console is not too hot at all (it's normal temperature), so I don't think it's a heating problem 🙂. I also played hours and hours of Spider Man Miles Morales and Jedi fallen order, not a single frame drop, so I really don't think it's hardware issue. When I think about it....I didn't have this kind of issues at the start of my playing GT7, when I bought the game on march 4th... the problem(s) surfaced days and days latter, probably with some update(s) or when I advanced trough the game. I don't know if it's some kind of bug, PD issue with update patch, or what... it's really weird...😐

Which version of PS5 do you have ?

Ehhh no, for us its problem almost on all tracks. What PS5 version do you have ? The first version ?

I have the first version, maybe the first version PS5 is bad for GT7.
Going to say this for the second time, PS5 does not heat throttle. I get a few minor frame drops with lots of cars on screen and used to get bad drops on trial mountain.. from my experience.. i get rare drops/stutters.

Last edited:
Going to say this for the second time, PS5 does not heat throttle. I get a few minor frame drops with lots of cars on screen and used to get bad drops on trial mountain.. from my experience.. i get rare drops/stutters.

Every race, almost every track with 16-20 cars on the grid. The only track withot frame drops was Interlagos. This week Barcelona is very bad also. Daytona 1st week when the game released were horrible, last week Spa Franco before Puhon huge frame drops, Deep Mountin corner 2-3-4 horrible frame rates, so yes almost every track :)

Last edited:
Every race, almost every track with 16-20 cars on the grid.
So you react with a turd emoji because?

Should i do the same since you believe its heat related, I'm not the one jumping to clueless conclusions.

Every version will run the game exactly the same, including disc versions which basically turn into a digital version when installed.. only checking the disc for verification.

Having a condescending tone towards people isnt going to help you.

Last edited:
So you react with a turd emoji because?

Should i do the same since you believe its heat related, I'm not the one jumping to clueless conclusions.

I said its hardware PS5 problem, but if hardware problem then every game must to run badly ... For me only GT7 has huge frame drops. Ohh and Assetto Corsa Competizione is also bad with 30 cars on the grid.

I have :

Far Cry 6 very rare frame drops, its normal
F1 2021 never frame drops, stutters
Moto GP 21 never frame drops, stutters
Dirt 5 never
Wrekfecst sometimes, maybe normal.
COD Vangaurd 1 mission only
Battlefield 2042 with latest patch never
Ride 4 with latest patch never

Last edited:
I said its hardware PS5 problem, but if hardware problem then every game must to run badly ... For me only GT7 has huge frame drops.

I have Far Cry 6 very very rare frame drops, thats normal maybe.

F1 2021 never frame drops, stutters
Moto GP 21 never frame drops, stutters
Dirt 5 never
Wrekfecst sometimes, maybe normal.
COD Vangaurd 1 mission only
Battlefield 2042 with latest patch never
Ride 4 with latest patch never
Im gona guess you're not native English speaker.

If it was hardware issue, it would be an isolated issue to you. I think you mean software and most likely it just needs more optimisations.

Edit, if it was hardware, those other games would be affected too.

I've only encountered a few minor drops with large fields of cars so i don't share your experience.
Some advice, lose the turd response so can take you seriously.

Last edited:
Im gona guess you're not native English speaker.

If it was hardware issue, it would be an isolated issue to you. I think you mean software and most likely it just needs more optimisations.

I've only encountered a few minor drops with large fields of cars so i can't share your experience.
Some advice, lose the turd response so can take you seriously.

Yeye, i am native Serbian and Hungarian speaker :)

How is that possible for someone GT7 runs smoothly and for some people like me runs badly ? Can you tell me that ? We all are playing on PS5, so same specs no difference.

I’m just glad people are talking about this now, I’m worried that polyphony haven’t mentioned it in and future plans. My machine runs everything else perfectly, don’t think it’s hardware.

Do you have problems also ? Almost on every track stuttering, horrible framw rates ?

I know exactly what you mean. However, for me it is only noticeable on Trial Mountain. In the last corner before the entry of the second tunnel with the long straight.
I don't notice that anywhere else.

View attachment 1136965
Same corner for me and it gets worse the tighter I take it. I tend to run a much lower line than the one in your picture every time so it stutters horribly.

Same corner for me and it gets worse the tighter I take it. I tend to run a much lower line than the one in your picture every time so it stutters horribly.
I normally do take the corner even tighter, but this was just to show which corner i meant. It's like the game is about to freeze or something when you take it that tight.

Do you have problems also ? Almost on every track stuttering, horrible framw rates ?
Just on a couple of tracks, trial mountain being the worst. Saw some on daily race 3 today. Hadn’t qualified so at the back and hit some drops. Honestly just think it’s poorly optimise.

This! This is happening to me also! weird stuff, really... I just hope that people @ PD are familiar with this issue :/

Lol I play on a C1 and there's no frame drops on the gameplay.. Only before the races do I notice some, I'm very sensitive to frame drops so I dunno what people are mentioning. I actually tested any track just now, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest and stuff. As far as I know, the drops do happen on a full grid with rain, but on normal conditions... not happening here

Lol I play on a C1 and there's no frame drops on the gameplay.. Only before the races do I notice some, I'm very sensitive to frame drops so I dunno what people are mentioning. I actually tested any track just now, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest and stuff. As far as I know, the drops do happen on a full grid with rain, but on normal conditions... not happening here

Which version of PS5 console do you have ?
Do you play with HDR ON or OFF ?
Do you play with Game Mode ON or OFF ?

Which version of PS5 console do you have ?
Do you play with HDR ON or OFF ?
Do you play with Game Mode ON or OFF ?
I have the launch version, from november 2020.

HDR ON and Game Mode ON.

I can definitely notice any frame drops on the C1, and some stuttering happens to me, on those pre-race cutscenes and sometimes on the replays.

What may be happening on the daily races is lag based stuttering, it's not happening to me either but it's a suggestion - games like Hell Let Loose had/have that problem, even if the framerate stays solid. I'll do more testing but here it's been fine, playing almost everyday too

I have the launch version, from november 2020.

HDR ON and Game Mode ON.

I can definitely notice any frame drops on the C1, and some stuttering happens to me, on those pre-race cutscenes and sometimes on the replays.

What may be happening on the daily races is lag based stuttering, it's not happening to me either but it's a suggestion - games like Hell Let Loose had/have that problem, even if the framerate stays solid. I'll do more testing but here it's been fine, playing almost everyday too

Hmmm so lunch version consoles are not the problem. I have also first version of PS5, but having FPS Problems, stutterings etc.

We know that its also not a TV problem because for you work 99% good with LG C1 TV, but some people has problem also with that LG C1 TV.

After this i would say its definitely the problem of the game. Its weird that with same TV on same console someone has problems and someone playing smoothly GT7 :)

Guys maybe slow internet connection can cause stuttering or fps drops in the game. This game is only online, so i dont know ... maybe bad or slow internet is the reason for the game run badly. Whats your Internet Speed ? Also what Nat Type do you have ? I have Nat Type 3, its stricted i can not see everyone in Custom Lobbies.

Last edited:
Trial Mountain is the worst offender, and it's out of the first tunnel after turn 3? Other than that, I don't seem to see it much.
yep,same here.But it already starts before entering the tunnel

i have the latest PS5 revision

my connection is 500mbit and connected via LAN.

Last edited:
Hmmm so lunch version consoles are not the problem. I have also first version of PS5, but having FPS Problems, stutterings etc.

We know that its also not a TV problem because for you work 99% good with LG C1 TV, but some people has problem also with that LG C1 TV.

After this i would say its definitely the problem of the game. Its weird that with same TV on same console someone has problems and someone playing smoothly GT7 :)
You have a launch console so maybe it's time to give it a nice dusting. 16 months out in the open could've accumulated some dust.

Factory Reset for PS5 is the only solution. Then GT7 will work smoothly. There is some software problem for players who has frame drops and stutterings on console. They need to Factory Reset PS5.

Last edited:
Back